Lt. Commander
# 11
08-15-2012, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post

OR (and the feds will hate this one) Fleet mark events by faction (1 hour fed 1 hour klingon) and DISABLE the other set during the events
I am usually extreme pro-KDF, and that still sounds wrong to me.

Make all of the current attackers neutral enemies and make them cross faction, or make the enemies "rouge" attacks, as in Klingons attacking a Fed starbase, the KDF sends people to help the feds because the attacking Klingons are criminals and don't work for the Empire or something.
Cloaking generators break down at first sign of language.
Captain
# 12
08-16-2012, 03:13 AM
Or maybe just change the que setup so that at the end of a five minute period, whoever's que'ed, regardless of how many, start, and new players entering the que go straight to either the most recently started one, or to the next one, if none of the availables is still in round 1. (round 2 for Starbase Defense). New arrivals won't pick up as many FM's since they're already awarded piecemeal at each stage, but it would eliminate some/most of the wait times that result in people going offline or elsewhere, and for the "Sooper L33tz" out there, there's bragging rights for pulling an entire event with,say, only 3 players instead of the usual minimum of 5.
Rihannsu
# 13
08-16-2012, 05:59 AM
For me... I just ask fleetmates to join the public queue at time when it's too quiet. That works pretty well.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 14
08-16-2012, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
For me... I just ask fleetmates to join the public queue at time when it's too quiet. That works pretty well.
Now, see, you're using common sense and probably doing what the Devs had in mind when you do that, no extra coding or changes to the software required.

How DARE you propose such a common-sense solution!!
Empire Veteran
# 15
08-16-2012, 12:32 PM
Everything except starbase defense queues decently; However it sure would be better if the KDF at least had the queue numbers fed gets.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Empire Veteran
# 16
08-17-2012, 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickngo View Post
Now, see, you're using common sense and probably doing what the Devs had in mind when you do that, no extra coding or changes to the software required.

How DARE you propose such a common-sense solution!!
Problem is that smaller to mid-sized fleets don't always have five players on and moving in the same direction at one time consistently throughout the day.

A HUGE thank you to Cryptic for the Mogh-class battle cruiser!
Rihannsu
# 17
08-17-2012, 09:37 AM
Ask random friends who aren't bin your fleet?
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-20-2012, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Ask random friends who aren't bin your fleet?
What if you are in a small fleet and don't have many friends.... alot of people who play games like these are introverts, thats why we are here and not out clubbing and whatnot.
Cloaking generators break down at first sign of language.