Captain
ST-HGZ3ZQHM4
published: Testing- Do Not Play

I noticed that when I put in a starburst FX while building my map, it created this really strange audio effect that loops. It sounds like a jet fly-by and never goes away.

I don't think it's part of the original map, unless somehow building on a platform put me closer to the sound of waves or something.

I wasn't too concerned with it, because fellow authors told me that it doesn't show up in the published versions. But, now that I've published, it is there.

So, it's either a bugged audio looping associated with the starburst or its something that the audio peeps should look at with the ground map. It doesn't sound organic. If I hadn't renamed the ground map, I could tell you what it is.

Thank you.

Last edited by kirksplat; 08-16-2012 at 01:06 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
08-16-2012, 01:31 PM
I've experienced this before. If I recall correctly you don't even have to place the object, the sound loop starts when you click on it in the details tab. The only thing that gets rid of it is exiting out of the editor.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Captain
# 3
08-16-2012, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
I've experienced this before. If I recall correctly you don't even have to place the object, the sound loop starts when you click on it in the details tab. The only thing that gets rid of it is exiting out of the editor.
It's looping on the map in my published mission, which is the real problem. I could deal with it in the editor but its screwing with the player experience now.
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
08-16-2012, 03:10 PM
ooooh, yeah that is definitely not good.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Captain
# 5
08-16-2012, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
ooooh, yeah that is definitely not good.
I can show you if you want to play through tonight. I'm pretty sure it starts when the starburst is activated. And it never quits until I exit the map.

In some ways, its loud and annoying enough that it ruins the whole set. I may have to work in some kind of ongoing joke that the ship's subsystems are haunted.
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
08-16-2012, 04:28 PM
Yeah I'll make sure to turn up my speakers and tell you what I hear.