Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Captain
# 21
08-16-2012, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
The way that critters interact with Stealth is a confusing mechanic that we generally hide from players for simplicity's sake. Suffice it to say, they use a different stat than players when it comes to Perception.

The Stealth changes above affect only the Perception of players. All Stealth values that affect NPC critters should have remained unchanged, allowing the stacking tactics that were previously used to still be viable.

If I'm wrong, I'd like to hear how it was verified. These changes should be on Tribble and I'd welcome testing experience.
Oh... ... ... oh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkollins View Post
I can kill 2 maybe 3 of 4 saboteurs using only the standard cloak without the ambush or omega bonus if my team dont kill them first. You dont need that bonus to by pass the npcs.

Even if you're not using cloak there are others ways to kills this saboteurs in second phase, jump boxes, wait to someone run first to get the aggro, use the survivality of the maco set, etc.

This stacking values in stealth were killing ground PvP by the simple fact that one tactical officer could sneak to your back and one-shot you and you couldn't do absolutely nothing to avoid it. Now, the stealth continue to exist in ground PvP but now you can use your perception skills to see when they get close.

Sorry for the bad english, is not my native language
I don't have any STF sets on Kihlass yet. I don't really know a lot about the layout of the map other than the precise location of each of the 4 saboteurs (just wandering around in phase 1). Don't have access to MACO as a KDF officer, and the whole point of the tactic is to go in while the team is busy on another one, optimising performance. And yes, I've actually done the PvP thingy in 1v1 duels with fleetmates before. Of course, the pet-following-cloaked-player bug as well as the targeting bug resulted in complete and utter defeat in my latest attempt.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.