Starfleet Veteran
# 11
08-14-2012, 01:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
I guess that embassy is on Khitomer, presumably.

I was hoping we were moving more towards the Venheim nebula, which would open up the Dyson Sphere, Amargosa Observatory, the Veridian System, etc.
Khitomer is possible.

I wouldn't rule out Nimbus 3 either.
While the movie it was featured in was lackluster it could be an interesting game map with all 3 major powers focussing "diplomatic" ambitions there.
Career Officer
# 12
08-14-2012, 04:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Azure Nebula (the new sector, not the KDF explore nebula)
oh come on....
NO!

Erdion Nebula
Eridan Nebula

that one was bad enough...

Azlesa Nebula Normal
Azlesa Nebula Elite
Azure Nebula

give it a NEW name please, this will only lead to even more confusion in the Red Alert and DOFFJOBS channels

!!! Red Alert up in AZN !!!
which one is that? hmm?

half your Playerbase can't remember the weird names as it is,
at least make them clearly identifiable.
( in this one case i really don't care what NASA calls that region ;P )

And if there is a new Sector Block, does that mean new DOFF Missions for it?
Or will it just be the default set of random assignments that can pop up everywhere?

Last edited by zerobang; 08-14-2012 at 04:44 AM.
Career Officer
# 13
08-14-2012, 09:03 AM
Only three devs on the panel, what a massive disappointment. No big surprise in what they said either. Seems like a big opportunity was missed, especially as the end of the year might be very very interesting.

As always the Massively article was a let down, that's why I never bother with their site. It read more like "Dan Stahl said everything!" Apart from the name checks at the beginning and being able to recognize from the photos Thomas and Jesse, mainly from my years of watching STOked, you would never know they were there.
Career Officer
# 14
08-14-2012, 10:02 AM
http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Azure_Nebula

"The Azure Nebula featured heavily in the Star Trek: Destiny trilogy. It was said to be created in 2168, and it contained several subspace passages with exit points all over the Milky Way Galaxy and other galaxies."

This would seem to easily coincide with the release of the Vesta class... Also, the 'exit points all over the Milky Way' angle seems like it could tie in to a Delta Quadrant storyline.
Vice Admiral Aznia Deet, Federation Ambassador, U.S.S. Federalist
Commander
# 15
08-14-2012, 10:14 AM
I liked it, it is a BIG step for STO. Getting their name out and becoming something more I see. More places to explore will be a MAJOR plus.

Delta and Gamma Quads (hopefully MASSIVE) will make this game *drool* awesome.

Embassy as in... Allies? Enemies? Debates? I would love it!
The Average PvP player

1) Teamwork and timing is #1
2) You cannot "Kirk It" in every ship
3) You are going to die, just get back up
Ensign
# 16
08-14-2012, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Teri can only cover so much in a recap column. There was some juicy info revealed, including that Season 7 will revolve around the Azure Nebula (the new sector, not the KDF explore nebula) and that an upcoming Fleet Holding will be an Embassy on a certain colony -- I think you'll catch this and more if you watch the video of the panel that TrekRadio recorded.

TrekRadio should hopefully have it up in the next few days.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I cant wait for Season 7
Career Officer
# 17
08-14-2012, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
I guess that embassy is on Kithomer, presumably.

I was hoping we were moving more towards the Venheim nebula, which would open up the Dyson Sphere, Amargosa Observatory, the Veridian System, etc.
I couldn't find the Venheim Nebula on the Star Trek Maps...

Though I do see the Azure Neb on the border of the three original Trek powers...

Looks like I was right with my guess yesterday as to which area would be opened next...

I can't find Kithomer or Nimbus on the Trek Maps either...

Never mind... They aren't on the map...
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Minion since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just minions who have Played the Game for the last 4.5 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.

Last edited by daveyny; 08-14-2012 at 11:05 AM.
Career Officer
# 18
08-14-2012, 06:35 PM
Nice to see STO engage in some publicity like this. Looking forward to catching a video of things. ^^
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Career Officer
# 19
08-16-2012, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp4cecomm4nder View Post
Maybe so, but look how much new info you just dropped in 1 sentence:

That definitely should have been in the article. And even though she has a word limit, new info > rehashed old info.
You're right. I don't have any excuses except for the fact that I wrote this article at 2:00 am to make my deadline. I was a bit tired - not the least of which, since I was on stage talking with these fine developers I couldn't take notes as to what it is that they said.

Next time I'll not report anything and leave everyone hanging who couldn't go. /snipe
Banned
# 20
08-16-2012, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by terilynns View Post
Next time I'll not report anything and leave everyone hanging who couldn't go. /snipe
Your saying you'll refuse to do your job as a reporter for massively? I guess they should be made aware of your intentions so they dont send you next time. /snipe