Lt. Commander
# 11
08-16-2012, 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenara View Post
We all want to play heroes of whatever form in either RP or through skill in advanced gameplay, or even via community contributions.

We all want to be "Elite" in our own way because games, like it or not, are meant for us to succeed in a way that we may not even think it's possible IRL. That's what entertainment is about
Hence I'm the elite FCA lol... Not the best RPer, and nonexistent PvP skills, but I can play the Exchange like Mozart >
WELL IF THE JAPORI INCIDENT HAS TAUGHT ME ANYTHING, IT'S THAT MY EXISTENCE IS AN EXPLOIT. THANKS CRYPTIC.
Captain
# 12
08-16-2012, 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonoframon View Post
Hence I'm the elite FCA lol... Not the best RPer, and nonexistent PvP skills, but I can play the Exchange like Mozart >
Ah the free market! Where young capitalists learn to sing!
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
# 13
08-16-2012, 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonoframon View Post
We all know that profit goes hand in hand with [Acc]x3 uber PvP gear, thus one Elitist complements another form of Elitism
STF Flight Instructor since Early 2012. Newbies are the reason why STO lives and breathes today. Do not discriminate.

My Youtube Channel
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-16-2012, 11:23 PM
WOW I never expected this to go multi-page (is that like multi-platinum?) and was just trying to get an idea of what I was seeing. A lot of good and valid points here. Guess that it boils down to there's a lot of people in this world RL and OL that just don't play well with others. Kind of a sad commentary but oh well.
Empire Veteran
# 15
08-17-2012, 12:55 AM
When it gets right down to it, everybody's elitist. All a matter of how much you choose to be one.

Mostly because, everyone has a niche they want, whether they know it or not, and eventually, or hopefully, find it.

For myself in this game, I generally prefer to fill a supplemental role to my fleet and friends. I'm not the best PvPer, or PvEer, I don't have huge amounts of knowledge on more intricate mechanics, etc. But in turn, I try to be decent at everything, the classic jack-of-all-trades

But, that's not to say I don't have my speciality, in this case for me, it's going through DOFFs and DOFF packs like copy paper. I've made many a million in ECs from doing it, but it isn't without it's risks, and I wouldn't recommend it to anybody. Heck, good chance a few folks on these forums have had me slurp up their DOFF packs off the exchange with how many I buy sometimes.

I burn away EC nearly as fast as I can make it almost, I can go from poor to rich and back to poor in minutes if that says anything. I go at it a little TOO well.

Even with any losses I've taken from it, I still have made enough money to give my fleet a large amount, buy two lockbox ships right off the exchange, and make myself a fleet ship also buying the modules off the exchange. Not to mention all the DOFFs I've fed to the Starbase monster.

All that said, I'm rather an elitist because of it, in a matter of speaking since I do what I do, buying so many DOFF packs just to open them and grind or sell the DOFFs for the most part, making huge amounts of money, etc. So, I might not be blatant and obvious about it, but in a way, I am indeed elitist.

P.S. No, I'm not a Ferengi. Even if I do own a D'kora and play Dabo on said ship.

Lt. Commander
# 16
08-17-2012, 01:12 AM
Honestly, I just ignore the "**** holes". Not literally (with the ignore feature) because sometimes they're fun to troll, but like, I've learned over the course of my MMO "career" (ROFL) to just not let stupids bother me.

Then again, I've also avoided joining fleets or any of that nonsense because I want to avoid stupids that much.

STO makes a great single player game with internet forums to chat on!

Edit: Silly filter.

Most of my characters suck | I suck at Twitter, too!
Captain
# 17
08-17-2012, 02:52 AM
As I've often said in zone chat of any MMO I've played...

I've encountered at least one of these types of players in every game. When I remind them that they were beginners once, I get this response though not in these exact words...

"I WAS NEVER A NOOB!!!"

When I described this while playing STO, one other player told me that "There is no reasoning with a Narcissist."

Maybe some "elitist" players have a very inflated view of themselves and that's part of the problem...
Captain
# 18
08-17-2012, 02:56 AM
If you bought an LTS you get promoted from noob to noob with tokens.

Then you get to rip on the other noobs for not subsiding your noob tokens because they're all a bunch of mooch noobs.

And that is how you transfer emergency power to noobs.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMm_VoKkuco - Needs more female relief ops ensign.
Survivor of Romulus
# 19
08-17-2012, 03:08 AM
Anyone claiming to be an "Elite" should remember this cruicial historical fact

Elite means "first to die"

The Band of Thebes (Elite) Died to the last man more than once
The Immortals (Elite) massacred more than once
The 300 themselves (royal bodyguard elite of the elite) Died to the last man

Elite does not mean "special wonderful person" it means EXPENDABLE
Lt. Commander
# 20
08-17-2012, 03:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonnehart View Post
As I've often said in zone chat of any MMO I've played...

I've encountered at least one of these types of players in every game. When I remind them that they were beginners once, I get this response though not in these exact words...

"I WAS NEVER A NOOB!!!"

When I described this while playing STO, one other player told me that "There is no reasoning with a Narcissist."

Maybe some "elitist" players have a very inflated view of themselves and that's part of the problem...
^^^^
I think you've hit it there. That's the thing that keeps occurring to me with threads saying do this don't do that etc... The over inflated view of themselves and that their way is the only way.