Ensign
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1
I'd been having success running this under 10.6.8 until last night. When I logged in there was a ~300MB patch that had to be installed. After doing so (not that I had a choice). The screen flickered for about 7 minutes while the STO logo was displayed, then the screen went black and the intro music started. After about a minute of intro music the mouse and keyboard became unresponsive and I had to hard-boot the computer.

There was a crash log associated with this but that may be more of a result of me having tried to kill the wineskin process from an ssh connection to avoid the hard reboot. The output is here: https://gist.github.com/5f7b1ee1b2346a45e904
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 152
# 2172
08-08-2012, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpol7 View Post
I'd been having success running this under 10.6.8 until last night. When I logged in there was a ~300MB patch that had to be installed. After doing so (not that I had a choice). The screen flickered for about 7 minutes while the STO logo was displayed, then the screen went black and the intro music started. After about a minute of intro music the mouse and keyboard became unresponsive and I had to hard-boot the computer.

There was a crash log associated with this but that may be more of a result of me having tried to kill the wineskin process from an ssh connection to avoid the hard reboot. The output is here: https://gist.github.com/5f7b1ee1b2346a45e904
very rare to have to hard boot... even if its blocking the screen it doesn't block Cmd+Opt+Esc, and Cmd+Q should work too.

is it still happening? something its getting is crashing WineskinX11, which happens in STO pretty easy if you don't have it set to Override screen settings instead of automatic. You may want to take a fresh wrapper and move STO into it and see if it works ok... but I've seen stuck black screens before just from corrupted STO files too... and if there was just an update, that is likely.
Ensign
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3
# 2173
08-09-2012, 11:18 AM
When I try to resize it within options.. the size of the window is not optional (greyed out) and any changes I do.. the program freezes and nothing happens.

Something wrong?
Ensign
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1
# 2174 ESD Crash
08-10-2012, 01:13 PM
Have you been able to fix the crash when loading ESD besides just lowering the graphics settings?
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 36
# 2175 launcher not workign
08-11-2012, 01:27 PM
i was playing normally, my game crashes like it usually does, but when i try to load launcher all i get is a white box on the top of the screen, and launcher doesnt appear, this is the second time this has happened and this is the second time ive had to reinstall the game, is it possible the version of the game i installed to put in the wineskin is not a good version? because i cant think of anything else and hate reinstalling this game.
im running a imac, and besides crashes about every 3 hours, and the bug i just reported it runs great

Last edited by luke3424; 08-11-2012 at 01:32 PM.
Ensign
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 6
# 2176
08-16-2012, 08:09 AM
Having an interesting issue, recently just changed the UMV from a 1.3 to the most recent version. Under the 1.3's I had no problems with graphics for a long time, minus crashing issues related to Verizon's security, on my late 2011 iMac w/ 2.5 GHz i5. After going to this newest version of the UMV, the edges of objects are distorted with jagged lines emanating from pretty much any object. There also is a blurring of the background and objects in the background. Adding to this, having very jumpy screens. All this is happening at any graphics settings.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 152
# 2177
08-16-2012, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misteryhistory1 View Post
Having an interesting issue, recently just changed the UMV from a 1.3 to the most recent version. Under the 1.3's I had no problems with graphics for a long time, minus crashing issues related to Verizon's security, on my late 2011 iMac w/ 2.5 GHz i5. After going to this newest version of the UMV, the edges of objects are distorted with jagged lines emanating from pretty much any object. There also is a blurring of the background and objects in the background. Adding to this, having very jumpy screens. All this is happening at any graphics settings.
that should only happen if you have AA turned off in STO graphics options... turn it on and everything should look better.
Ensign
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1
# 2178 OS X 10.8 support
08-17-2012, 02:15 AM
Hi,
I've recently upgraded to OS X Mountain Lion (10.8) and have been having some trouble getting the wrapper working. The launcher tries to connect twice then gives an error: Patcher error: The patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function.

The game ran at low/medium graphic settings under Lion (10.7 - 10.7.4) without issues. Is there support for this new release of OS X (10.8) or does the wrapper not function with it at all?

My config. is mid 2011 MBA 13"
i5-2557m (1.7Ghz-2.7Ghz)
4gb 1333mhz ddr3 ram
intelHD 3000 graphics
256Gb samsung ssd

Thanks!
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 152
# 2179
08-17-2012, 05:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by locutusxx48 View Post
Hi,
I've recently upgraded to OS X Mountain Lion (10.8) and have been having some trouble getting the wrapper working. The launcher tries to connect twice then gives an error: Patcher error: The patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function.

The game ran at low/medium graphic settings under Lion (10.7 - 10.7.4) without issues. Is there support for this new release of OS X (10.8) or does the wrapper not function with it at all?

My config. is mid 2011 MBA 13"
i5-2557m (1.7Ghz-2.7Ghz)
4gb 1333mhz ddr3 ram
intelHD 3000 graphics
256Gb samsung ssd

Thanks!
maybe try a fresh copy of the wrapper...? or a game file is corrupted? it should work fine for you in 10.8
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 60
# 2180
08-17-2012, 06:25 PM
i'm having no problems running this on mountain lion.. same as it was on lion and leopards.

again thanks for the program
@ZackerySS - Joined on Aug 2008: year of the greenpig
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:51 PM.