Lt. Commander
# 1 3D Vision
02-03-2010, 08:07 AM
hello folks,

I was wondering if anyone is currently playing STO uisng Nvidia 3D vision. As the game is brand new it seems 3d vision is not optomising to the game automatically like it does for other older titles.

Does any one know if STO supports 3d technology?

Is there anything I can do to optimise? At the moment the game is blurry and unplayable for me. Is the only answer to turn off my 3d equipment and software?

Thanks for your help folks!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2010, 09:06 AM
Being that the game has just been finalized and released you will either have to

A. Play with the settings and see if you can get it to work to your taste.
B. Wait for cryptic to build support in for the existing software that you have.
C. Wait for nVidia to update the support for the 3D Vision to be compatible with STO
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2010, 10:01 AM
Yes you can play STO using Nvidia 3d system.

STO has not been rated by Nvidia the 1.62 3d patch does help a little.

The only things I can think of to help you right now is to?

1. Keep the depth of field below 15% till you get use to the game

2. Turn shadows off in STO video option.

3. Can not help you with the layer gas space clouds. That is something that Cryptic needs to adress.

Both 2 and 3 can be over powering at times and hurt the eyes to view.
Lt. Commander
# 4 Ohw yeah
03-25-2012, 04:22 PM
My Nvidia glasses has arived yesterday! And this week my Alienware AW2310 wil arive. With my M14X docked this game wil please me more. Now I just need to find a way to keep my girlfiend pleased aswell instead of my online character Unit1

I will keep you guys up about 3d game play STO ASAP. I read about the gas and the shadows before. It sucks a bit because I like to play with plasma gasses. Well perhaps i need to find an other ability.

Well I can also make an ticket and ask cryptic to stay with time and development... we are living in 2012.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-02-2012, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1unit
My Nvidia glasses has arived yesterday! And this week my Alienware AW2310 wil arive. With my M14X docked this game wil please me more. Now I just need to find a way to keep my girlfiend pleased aswell instead of my online character Unit1

I will keep you guys up about 3d game play STO ASAP. I read about the gas and the shadows before. It sucks a bit because I like to play with plasma gasses. Well perhaps i need to find an other ability.

Well I can also make an ticket and ask cryptic to stay with time and development... we are living in 2012.
If you've never used the Nvidia glasses before, be sure to go to the Stereoscopic 3D config on your NVIDIA control panel, click the "set keyboard shortcuts", and view the advanced in-game settings... and enable them (and bind them if needed). While increasing and decreasing the depth is important, increasing and decreasing the convergence is going to really let you see what the glasses can do. Keep in mind... most games come with the convergence turned WAAAAAAY down. I turn mine up quite a bit... bring it to the point where I like where the close up objects are, and then mess with the depth to move the background further away or closer. Too much separation with increased convergence can give you one hell of a headache. Just play with it a bit. You'll get the hang. I also find that my convergence settings for ground combat and space combat are VERY different. Too bad you can't save it for each.

Well, let us know what you think
Lt. Commander
# 6 Wauw
04-09-2012, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flibbertigibbety
If you've never used the Nvidia glasses before, be sure to go to the Stereoscopic 3D config on your NVIDIA control panel, click the "set keyboard shortcuts", and view the advanced in-game settings... and enable them (and bind them if needed). While increasing and decreasing the depth is important, increasing and decreasing the convergence is going to really let you see what the glasses can do. Keep in mind... most games come with the convergence turned WAAAAAAY down. I turn mine up quite a bit... bring it to the point where I like where the close up objects are, and then mess with the depth to move the background further away or closer. Too much separation with increased convergence can give you one hell of a headache. Just play with it a bit. You'll get the hang. I also find that my convergence settings for ground combat and space combat are VERY different. Too bad you can't save it for each.

Well, let us know what you think
Hey,

Well ... To be honest startrek online does look pretty in 3d. I did not found any trouble with the shadow or gass clouds. The normal settings do fine. Aldo what you say it is good to play with depth and adjust it some time to time.I love Startrek Online, and it is the only game that I am really playing lately. I have mw3 and battlefield 3. But this game rulles! But to be just honest, I think the 3d effect can be a little better. I hope cryptic is working on that, because it is the future. For example player names are not going up in the depths. That makes it hard to focus. Because my eyes need to zoom in and out. I hope they can work on it.

I know I can turn it off and on again (the player names). But player locations and distance is crusial in the game. So I refuse to turn those settings of. For the rest I have nothing to ad. It is breath taking some sights in 3d. Aldo I need to say honestly that it is good and far from excellent. But still it is very nice to play 3d!

The older posts in this forum are outdated because I think cryptic did a great job by removing these erros. Because I did not find those...

GG
Ensign
# 7
08-17-2012, 01:53 PM
i guess t his is what they call a bump?