Captain
# 21
08-14-2012, 11:28 AM
They just ignore feedback in general, not only from foundry authors. The only feedback they lisent is the one call $$$$

I am still waiting for the fix on the extreme lag of the editor.

Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com
Career Officer
# 22
08-16-2012, 01:24 AM
I think the premise of the Foundry is good, but the actual delivery leaves much to be desired. Actually that goes for pretty much the entire game.

I don't even understand the strategy behind the Foundry, it seems to be entirely backwards. Why is it being developed for NWN, an unfinished and unreleased game? They have the perfect testbed in STO. The Foundry should be developed here and then ported over to NWN, not the other way around.

I've long since learned to just make do with what I get. I don't even expect more than that anymore. Unfortunately, many Foundry updates end up breaking it, since there is no real world group of authors testing the NWN version. It gets ported to STO and then we find out it doesn't work, which is why I say the development strategy is backwards.

Right now it is laggy as hell for some of us. I enjoy working with the Foundry, but I'm not sure I'm willing to fight with lag again. I already did that once before and it really sucked. So I'll settle for simply having a functional editor again.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.

Last edited by nagorak; 08-16-2012 at 01:28 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 23
08-17-2012, 05:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxenite View Post
I think it's official that they're ignoring feedback because as far as I can remember members of the Foundry community have been asking for cooperative authoring tools (i.e. the most basic export&import) and we've yet to see the issue being officially acknowledged let alone worked on!

I guess Cryptic is waiting for the sh*t to hit that particular fan when NWO comes out and the first question from a would-be DM/Author would be: "How can I and my friends create a NWO module together?"

Or... who knows, perhaps Cryptic are geniuses and have already added a Subversion-like system to the NWO Foundry and we simply need to wait for it to percolate to their other games.
That is IF Neverwinter does ever come out. The pushed back the release to sometime in 2013. One video they said they allowed people to play on a "pre Alpha" I never heard of that so I asked the hubby. He shrugged and said it was made up. Alpha, beta then release duh?

I originally got involved here to learn about the Foundry because I love D&D but it looks like (from the videos) just another heavy handed PvP game and that is NOT what D&D is about. Story is everything, the fighting when you are playing table top D&D takes a back seat to a great plot and mystery. So I agree, they really need to fix the issues with the Foundry before they end up dropping their pants and embarrassing themselves with Neverwinter.

I would like to see the Foundry working at 101% here before they run off to work on Neverwinter and abandon STO.
-Wendy Black

KDF mission of honor and intrigue.
Captain
# 24
08-17-2012, 11:13 AM
Technically the Foundry on STO is just the Beta for the Neverwinter one. They just threw it at us as a secondary thought to get testing out because they could.

If anything, the Neverwinter one is wearing the pants we want to, because that's the one they've been using our feedback for. Now that the Neverwinter build and the STO build's mechanics match though, we may get some of those features and actually benefit from our own testing in a more significant amount than simple bug fixes.
Community Moderator
# 25
08-17-2012, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blargskull View Post
Proof is in the code, most people know you can dump your script inside the Foundry by typing in the chat "/ugcEditorExportProject C:\my_script.txt"

Here is an excerpt of the code for 2 firewalls, notice the highlighted BOLD ID Numbers?

This is what is needed to place any additional content to the Foundry. All they need to do is add the numbers to the access. This is what I have been ranting about for weeks. Why do people get paid for not doing their job well?
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorbane View Post
Oh wow that's neat. No way to import huh?
Quote:
Not as far as I know, a player was working on some 3rd party software to do that, and he got silenced.
If you could dump the code, edit it, and then reimport it, it might conceivably be possible to plug in an object code that's not intended for use in the Foundry. Maybe that's one reason why. An official importer would have to be built smart enough to scrub the code for illegal edits.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Lieutenant
# 26
08-17-2012, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
If you could dump the code, edit it, and then reimport it, it might conceivably be possible to plug in an object code that's not intended for use in the Foundry. Maybe that's one reason why. An official importer would have to be built smart enough to scrub the code for illegal edits.
I don't think his importer worked like that, but that is not what we are discussing. We want Cryptic to open up the library so we can get designationxr377 a new pair of pants !! Why can't he have a decent pair of pants?!

To end this on a positive note. The 200 shares of PWRD I purchased back in late January went up and close at 11.17 today. I am still kicking myself for not selling out back in March, but I suppose I can wait and see. At least my head is above water again... for now.
Captain
# 27
08-18-2012, 07:35 AM
Quote:
...We want Cryptic to open up the library so we can get designationxr377 a new pair of pants !! Why can't he have a decent pair of pants?! ...
Solomun Grundy want pants too!

Last edited by designationxr377; 08-18-2012 at 07:38 AM.
Lieutenant
# 28
08-18-2012, 09:51 PM
Guess it sucks not to be heard huh?

Oh well, we make do. Didn't want to rock the boat before with our opinions did we? Now...

I'll just sit back and watch the frustration from here, popcorn is warm, the lights are dim.

Sarcasm aside, I'm not sure what to say. We have foundry, Perfect World owns the show now, and sorry I think their more interested in their lockboxes, lobi Crystals and crappy C-sstore fluff to care about anything as unprofitable as the foundry.
Lt. Commander
# 29
08-18-2012, 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by asheistheraven View Post
I think their more interested in their lockboxes, lobi Crystals and crappy C-sstore fluff to care about anything as unprofitable as the foundry.

This.

The stupid thing is if they had half a braincell they would realise players could be reducing their costs by creating nearly all the content... if they only improved the tools and UI. That would leave them more time to focus on their precious lockboxes...
>>> UniqueOne - Providing you with easy PVP kills since Feb 2012 <<<
Lieutenant
# 30
08-18-2012, 11:25 PM
And that my friend is the irony, the true artists are always ignored