Lt. Commander
# 1 The Original Series Bundle
10-08-2011, 03:39 AM
The Original Series Bundle have had it's "Limited Time Offer!" as it says in the C-Store since the day it came out (many many months)...isn't it about time to remove that offer?

I'm referring to this part:
Quote:
Limited Time Offer!
Purchase the Value Bundle TODAY and you'll also receive:
* Federation Costume Pack: TOS Dress Uniform
* Federation Costume Pack: TOS Medical Uniform
* Federation Costume Pack: TOS Command Uniform
If I had known that it would stay up for this long then I would had waited for a C-Store sale instead of buying it the day this bundle got added to the C-Store.

Could someone from Cryptic please comment on this?

btw it has the exact same text in Tribble (F2P) atm
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-14-2011, 03:17 PM
I would have waited as well. Just when you thought that you bought into something special, that only the early-birds will take advantage of and now everyone has it.

I think that everyone that bought this package during the first day should have Walter Koenig or George Takei come over to our houses and help out with some household chores. Just as a perk
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-14-2011, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enterprise-D View Post
The Original Series Bundle have had it's "Limited Time Offer!" as it says in the C-Store since the day it came out (many many months)...isn't it about time to remove that offer?

I'm referring to this part:

Quote:
Limited Time Offer!
Purchase the Value Bundle TODAY and you'll also receive:
* Federation Costume Pack: TOS Dress Uniform
* Federation Costume Pack: TOS Medical Uniform
* Federation Costume Pack: TOS Command Uniform
If I had known that it would stay up for this long then I would had waited for a C-Store sale instead of buying it the day this bundle got added to the C-Store.

Could someone from Cryptic please comment on this?

btw it has the exact same text in Tribble (F2P) atm
Hell, I would have waited for F2P and the stipend. (And I'm a HUGE TOS fan)

Of course with the way the STO F2P model is shapintg up, I think the only 'limited time' aspect is until CBS puss the license; and or PWE and Cryptic close down STO.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-14-2011, 05:14 PM
Well, I guess by saying "Limited Time Offer!" it makes everyone go "Oh, quick! Gotta get onto the C-Store and get it right now!"...Even though this "limited" amount of time is months and months and months...lol. Sneaky.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-14-2011, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tick0
Well, I guess by saying "Limited Time Offer!" it makes everyone go "Oh, quick! Gotta get onto the C-Store and get it right now!"...Even though this "limited" amount of time is months and months and months...lol. Sneaky.
Not sneaky... just Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-14-2011, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tick0
Well I would never fall for such a Sneaky marketing scam...
*looks at Value Bundle
*hangs head in shame

Well I will not fall for it again!! I do hope they get more Limited Time Offer TOS stuff in soon....
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-15-2011, 09:45 AM
This is why I will never be purchasing items from Cryptic or PWI or Atari ever.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-15-2011, 11:04 AM
Same as it ever was.

The C-Store entry got reworded for clarity on the day the bundle was released.

This lasted a fortnight until the next C-Store cashgrab was thrown at us in lieu of content, at which point the wording you see TODAY was reinstated.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-18-2012, 02:56 AM
this bundle needs do officers too holo Scott ,holo Sulu ,holo Chekov ... and some klingon staf like the ds 9 bundle
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
08-18-2012, 10:55 AM
an important note: The TOS bundle give to your kdf toon a TOS uniform of klingon Empire. Is simple, but nice and welcome because the lack of content in the kdf faction.
PW/Crypt can't make more KDF Content?