Commander
With the release of the Metreon Gas Console (freaking finally!!!), I have decided to share my Sovereign/Enterprise-E canon build I made sometime ago. There's one for the Assault Cruiser, the Regent-class Assault Cruiser, and the Mirror Star Cruiser. There may be a few kinks in it but, I'm trying to perfect it the best I can. I mean, I'm making a build for a ship I probably won't get until Christmas.

For the Assault Cruiser and the Refit, it's pretty much the same, except put the Metreon Gas Module on the Refit. I know people like different modifiers (like Acc, Dmg, CrtD, CrtH) to I'll leave it up to you to pick what modifiers you want. And as for consoles, pick what you like, but I suggest an RCS Accelerator or two and fill the Tactical Consoles up with the Phaser Relay console.

Colors
The Left color has to be black, the left one I set as gray. All patterns need to be Andromeda, and the hull material is Type 2 with Windows Type 2.

Weapons
-Fore
Phaser Beam Array
Quantum Torpedo Launcher
Photon Torpedo Launcher
Phaser Beam Array

-Aft
Phaser Beam Array
Photon Torpedo Launcher
Photon Torpedo Launcher
Phaser Beam Array

Devices
Scorpion Fighters (a nod to Star Trek Nemesis)
Auxiliary Batteries
Shield Batteries
Weapon Batteries

Bridge Officer Layout (Assault Cruiser)
-Ensign Tactical
Tactical Team

-Lieutenant Tactical
Torpedo Spread
Beam Overload or Fire at Will (a nod to Star Trek Armada's intro video)

-Lieutenant Commander Engineering
Emergency Power to Shields
Reverse Shield Polarity
Directed Energy Modulation

-Commander Engineering
Emergency Power to Engines
Extend Shields

-Lieutenant Science
Hazard Emitters
Transfer Shield Strength

-----Assault Cruiser Refit------

Add the Wide Angle Quantum Torpedo Launcher in place of one of the Fore Quantum Torpedo Launchers.

-Ensign Tactical
Tactical Team

-Lieutenant Commander Tactical
Torpedo Spread
Beam Overload
Torpedo High Yield

Reverse Shield Polarity

-Commander Engineering
Engineering Team
Extend Shields or Aux2SIF3

-Universal Station
This officer slot really depends on what you want out of your ship. If you want more of a healer type ship, put a Science Officer or Engineering. if you want a bit more damage, I suggest a Tactical Officer with Fire at Will trained.

-----Mirror Star Cruiser-----
This one was a little tricky, so I had to go and look at the regular Star Cruiser, and see what the difference is. In my opinion this is a really decent Sovereign, because of that extra Science Officer slot in place of the Tactical Officer Slot.

-Lieutenant Tactical
Tactical Team
Torpedo Spread (Or Beam Overload or Torpedo High Yield)

Reverse Shield Polarity

-Commander Engineering
Emergency Power to Engines
Reverse Shield Polarity

-Ensign Science
Polarize Hull

-Lieutenant Science
Hazard Emitters
Science Team

I really hope you all enjoy and if you have any questions, please ask away, or mail me in-game @asardetemplari

Last edited by asardetemplari; 10-16-2012 at 01:57 PM.
Captain
# 2
08-17-2012, 11:41 PM
I love the idea, just enjoying a little classic heroism, picking stuff cause its cool. A little puzzled on some of the chosen powers and excluded others though. 2 RSPs and 2 DEMs? Plus two powers I'd want to add on as well: 1 a copy of Extend Shields for the at least couple of times the Big E has done that to protect a weaker ship, and 2 Aux to Dampeners to allow for more of those sharp turns and dramatic swooping in that happen so often but this game doesn't let cruisers do much.
Commander
# 3
08-18-2012, 12:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
I love the idea, just enjoying a little classic heroism, picking stuff cause its cool. A little puzzled on some of the chosen powers and excluded others though. 2 RSPs and 2 DEMs? Plus two powers I'd want to add on as well: 1 a copy of Extend Shields for the at least couple of times the Big E has done that to protect a weaker ship, and 2 Aux to Dampeners to allow for more of those sharp turns and dramatic swooping in that happen so often but this game doesn't let cruisers do much.
Well... for the Reverse Shield Polarities and the Directed Energy Modulations, you use one, and there's a relatively short cooldown on the other and you swap them out constantly.

but yes, I totally agree.
Captain
# 4
08-18-2012, 01:23 AM
Beam Fire At Will instead of Overload.

No Beam Banks. Wide Arc Quantum Launcher

Otherwise, looks like the Nemesis Ent-E. Something I may actually run...
Captain
# 5
08-18-2012, 09:28 AM
Off the top of my head...

The aft should mount a q-torp AND a photorp. You might consider making the aft qtorp the 180-degree qtorp - both to keep the fore firing arc stronger for DPS, and as a nod to the importance of the aft torp launcher in TNG (it was the first and last weapon to /ever/ fire on-screen for the Enterprise-D). All the energy weapons should be arrays - beam banks were very few and far between in TNG. They're kind of a relic from the TOS era, and even then, part of the reason they were viable was because there were a ton more of them to cover a much wider firing arc overall.

I would also suggest attempting to fit Aux2SIF3 in there (maybe). You may also consider Extend Shields, since this seems like an Enterprise-y thing to do.

And I agree that BFaW is more important than Beam Overload, and that two Reverse Shield Polarities seem a bit off.

That said, this is a neat little exercise. Thanks for posting it!

Last edited by red01999; 08-18-2012 at 09:33 AM.
Commander
# 6
08-19-2012, 05:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by red01999 View Post
Off the top of my head...

The aft should mount a q-torp AND a photorp. You might consider making the aft qtorp the 180-degree qtorp - both to keep the fore firing arc stronger for DPS, and as a nod to the importance of the aft torp launcher in TNG (it was the first and last weapon to /ever/ fire on-screen for the Enterprise-D). All the energy weapons should be arrays - beam banks were very few and far between in TNG. They're kind of a relic from the TOS era, and even then, part of the reason they were viable was because there were a ton more of them to cover a much wider firing arc overall.

I would also suggest attempting to fit Aux2SIF3 in there (maybe). You may also consider Extend Shields, since this seems like an Enterprise-y thing to do.

And I agree that BFaW is more important than Beam Overload, and that two Reverse Shield Polarities seem a bit off.

That said, this is a neat little exercise. Thanks for posting it!
Anytime, I'm editing it to take in these changes.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-19-2012, 08:01 AM
Star Cruiser has a Luitenant Tac all you have is an Ensign in the post.
Other then that, good thread.
Commander
# 8
08-19-2012, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by synthiasuicide View Post
Star Cruiser has a Luitenant Tac all you have is an Ensign in the post.
Other then that, good thread.

D'oh! Thank you for pointing that out.
Captain
# 9
08-19-2012, 09:49 AM
nice build here, I use to do the E console set when I first flew me sovy, might go back to that soon. As for the paint and pattern, personally the grey on the sto sovy is t dark I put my grey up to the lightest shade possible to look more like the nemesis E. If you watch the nemesis E on youtube you will see it has a much lighter grey colour especially in the dry dock scene. Pattern is the right one, well its the closets to the nemesis E unless you use the other one with lines going through for the pattern which fits the saucer section, the nemesis E has that I think.
Commander
# 10
08-20-2012, 08:32 PM
I'm also making the Defiant and the Enterprise-D... if anyone's interested.

Last edited by asardetemplari; 08-20-2012 at 10:15 PM.