Career Officer
# 11 A Plea to Cryptic
08-19-2012, 09:14 AM
Dear Cryptic,

I know you spent a very long time working on the new Foundry and it is very much appreciated. The new features you have added are very nice, the new system for building the story is simple and streamlined and the new assets look fantastic.

However, there are some areas in which the Foundry has suffered from its latest incarnation. For starters, the new rotation system...why? The old one was fantastic, you click the arrow on one side of an asset and you could point it wherever you wanted. So why change it? Why do we now have four arrows that can sometimes not turn the way you want, but instead just decide to go their own way based on the movement of the mouse? Then there's the map centering on whichever asset you have just placed. This might seem like a nice useful feature, but usually, the map is already in the general area I want it to be when I place an asset, so why must it then move of its own accord, making me wait before I can edit the asset. Finally, the lag. What has happened? I remember the days when I would tell the Foundry to do something and it would do it and I could move on. Now, I tell the Foundry to do something and it thinks about it for a moment, sometimes it even thinks about it, starts doing it and then stops to think about it some more before completing the action. There must be a way to fix this, there simply must! The Foundry never used to have this problem, so what have you don't to it to make it so unsure of the actions that it is asked to complete.

In fact, everything else would be wonderful, all the new features and systems, if only the Foundry didn't lag. Please...Please...PLEASE, Cryptic...fix the lag. That's all I ask.

Thank you very much,

A very active Foundry author
Check out my Foundry Missions: Click Here!
Career Officer
# 12
08-19-2012, 11:32 AM
The lag is supposed to be fixed and we'll see the results on patch day
Career Officer
# 13
08-19-2012, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorbane View Post
The lag is supposed to be fixed and we'll see the results on patch day
Well, till then, we can only hope...might wait to do anything else with the Foundry till then.
Career Officer
# 14
08-31-2012, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vexravus View Post
Well, till then, we can only hope...might wait to do anything else with the Foundry till then.
Update: Lag fixed! And I couldn't be happier. Thank you very much, Cryptic.
Ensign
# 15
11-07-2012, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vexravus View Post
All of my missions are currently published with the exception of the entire Mind Games series, my KDF mission the Rise of the House of Ga'Rugh and the third part of my new series Blood and Nanoprobes. All of the Once Upon A Time missions are published. However, if you are having a problem finding them I will try to republish them and see if that works.

Thank you for letting me know.

-XA

Update: I have now republished parts 3, 4 and 6 of the Once Upon A Time series. I hope this solves your problem.
Xera, it appears that the Foundry keeps removing episodes 3, 4, & 6. Unless they're hiding them under someone else or a different title.
Career Officer
# 16
11-13-2012, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icefall1 View Post
Xera, it appears that the Foundry keeps removing episodes 3, 4, & 6. Unless they're hiding them under someone else or a different title.
I have noticed a number of comments about that...I don't know why people can't find them. If it's an issue on my end with not giving enough or relevant information in order to find them or if it's an issue with Cryptic doing something that makes it difficult to find them...At the moment of this post it looks like the Foundry is down for the Season 7 update (let's just hope all the missions still work once it's back up) so I can't check to see if they are visible or not...

For the record and future reference, the best advice I can give (other than advising Cryptic to get their collective finger out and create a decent system for search Foundry missions) is to put in as much of the mission name as possible. Also, the username to search for them under is XerosArmera, or @XerosArmera if they use the whole thing...As I've stated in previous posts Vexravus is just a post PWE forum thing...it has no relevance to finding any of my missions.

Once the Foundry is back up I'll try and do a check of all my missions to make sure they aren't broken and I'll try and see if I can find them using the search function.

Thank you.

-XA
Ensign
# 17
11-24-2012, 08:28 AM
I can't find the 6th group of Romulans in the caverns in One Upon a Time II. Please help!!
Career Officer
# 18
11-28-2012, 12:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidhadar460 View Post
I can't find the 6th group of Romulans in the caverns in One Upon a Time II. Please help!!
The Romulan squads in the cavern should be as follows:
1 squad in the first corridor
2 squads in the first room
1 squad in the second corridor
and the final 2 squads in the last room

If they are not all there then this may be a bug that occurred when the mission loaded and you might have to restart the mission. I apologize for this but it is not a bug that was caused by me sometimes it just happens, even on Cryptic authored missions.

I just played the mission to ensure that they were all present and in my playthrough they were. Sorry again, but try restarting the mission. I know it's a pain, but like I said, random bug that can't really be helped on my end.

I hope that you at least enjoy the mission and choose to play through it fully, despite this error.

Thank you

-XA

Update: On a second play through I got that error. I don't know why, but the 6th squad still appeared on my map when I beamed into the cavern, but then they disappeared and I was unable to finish that part of the mission. I will have a look once the Foundry is fully online once again and see if I can do anything to prevent this from occurring (perhaps removing the 6th squad all together).

Last edited by vexravus; 11-28-2012 at 01:29 AM. Reason: Update:
Lieutenant
# 19
11-28-2012, 09:00 AM
there's a bug in the foundry that's causing NPC's (friendly and enemy) to disappear, they've fixed it in a patch on tribble so just got to wait till it's on the Holodeck.
Career Officer
# 20
11-29-2012, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerryu View Post
there's a bug in the foundry that's causing NPC's (friendly and enemy) to disappear, they've fixed it in a patch on tribble so just got to wait till it's on the Holodeck.
Okay, that's great to know, thanks.

I'd noticed that problem in a few missions and was worried I'd have to address them once the Foundry was active again.