Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 32
# 31
07-30-2012, 05:38 AM
Originally Posted by dknight0001 View Post
I was completely wrong about their being turrets, I thought there was more than beams.

Now I believe a Beam array fires 3 times a volley? So the Proc comparison is still accurate.

6 Beams at 10% is 18 chances at a 10% proc, or a 180% proc chance.
6 Beams at 2.5% is 18 chances at a 2.5% proc, or a 45% proc chance.

Now if you have Flow Capacitors that drain could be huge and across all shield facings. Reducing their total shields.
Unfortunately, your calculations are completely flawed. If you roll 6 ordinary dice do you have 100% chance of rolling a 6? No, you do not.

If we take a 10% chance 18 times, we first look at the probability of NOT triggering the proc, ie 0.9 (90% chance). Then, to calculate, we can do 1-(0.9^18) = 0.85 or 85%.

At 2.5% chance it is 1-(0.975^18) = 36.6%.

Probabilities can never go above 100%.

Last edited by zeusima; 07-30-2012 at 05:50 AM.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 190
# 32
08-15-2012, 12:13 AM
I have even worse news. It looks like the Polarized Tetryons do NOT proc at a higher rate than normal tetryons (or else the proc math is not a simple 10%). I did 90 attack cycles with polarized tetryon beams and did not see a single proc. (PvP, 0 speed, point blank range.) I assume here a proc is per attack cycle, but if it is per shot, the problem is even worse. Chances of that happening are miniscule, as given above (.9^90 = .0076%) Another run saw 39 attacks before a proc, 1.6% chance of that occuring. Now, assuming a 2.5% proc rate, 90 attacks without a proc has a 10% chance of happening, and 39 attacks before a proc about 37%, within the realm of possibility. So I suspect the proc is not happening right at all!

Borticus, can you look into the code and make sure the 10% proc rate for polarized tetryons is actually written in the code, and not just in the item description? How is the proc rate supposed to work? 2.5% per shot, or 2.5% per attack cycle?

Also, are procs supposed to show up in the combat log, because I didn't see anything that looked like a tetryon proc printed out. (shield damage to all 4 facings without hull damage)

I /bug'ed this in case it is a real issue.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 28
# 33
08-17-2012, 08:18 PM
I noticed when in system and sector space, there's an added line [**only works with Jem'Hadar attack ship and Cardassian Galor]. It wasn't there when I acquired the mission, selected my rewards. I can't see that line of text when I read the item on the ground, with it on or off the ship. That could explain why they're not hitting that 10%.

Kind of a bummer, thought these were really nice until I noticed that one line today.

not sure if it helps.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 190
# 34
08-18-2012, 06:37 PM
Can you confirm and post a screen shot? I did a screen shot here, and confirm the wording is not present in sector or system space. If so, I think these would be the only ship-specific episode reward, which to me screams bug.

I checked the paperdoll and the HUD weapons display, neither said anything about polarized tetryons being Galor/bugship specific.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 28
# 35
08-19-2012, 05:45 AM
might just be the polarized tetryon beam arrays. these are the ones acquired from "The New Link." Not sure if it matters Klingon or Fed side, I just realized this was a Klingon Fleet yard thread. But I was looking to see if anyone had noticed trouble with these weapons.

now that I'm thinking about it, I looked for patch notes that said they changed these or added them, but I can't find anything mentioning them at all.

on the ground:

system space:

sector space:

just for good measure, I went into a mission:

from the mission acquisition screen:
beam array:

dual beam bank (i don't have one yet):
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,327
# 36
08-19-2012, 01:32 PM
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
You're referring to the rewards from the "New Link" episode, right?

I'll see if we can get them added into crafting or something for KDF, like we did with the hargh'peng.

No promises on a speedy turnaround, sorry.
the reward weapons from that mission are junk.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 190
# 37
08-20-2012, 10:59 AM
Thanks. I know some of the Jem Hadar set bonuses are only available for those ships, but didn't realize the intent was the same for these polarons. I will have to find someone who has those ships to test against. Are you flying a Galor or bugship by any chance?

For the record, here is my beam array in system space:

And notice something? When I tried to file a bug on this issue, the power it listed is Tetryon beam array! Clearly, polarized tetryons are described in the text file as behaving one way, but is tagged as still being plain tetryons in the database itself.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 190
# 38
08-21-2012, 08:14 PM
Fix is supposed to be on Tribble:
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 28
# 39
08-21-2012, 08:41 PM
Nope, I'm flying a Recluse carrier.
Career Officer
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 108
# 40
11-25-2012, 12:34 AM
Any update on this? Would be nice to try these out on the KDF side. Some real science ships would also be nice but I'll settle for polarized tetryon for now! Thanks.

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:41 AM.