Ensign
# 21
08-19-2012, 10:13 AM
Ok, I'm just gona buy a GeForce 560 Ti. That card should be able to play STO in high settings. Hopefully between the 1gb version and the 2gb one, there isn't much of a difference, because I'm getting the 1gb.
Ensign
# 22
08-19-2012, 04:27 PM
Don't limit yourself with a 1GB card. 1GB is too little for modern games.

A Geforce 560 Ti with 2GB can be had for similar money in the area I live in. With a bit of luck it's the same where you live.
Ensign
# 23
08-19-2012, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by herkulius View Post
Don't limit yourself with a 1GB card. 1GB is too little for modern games.

A Geforce 560 Ti with 2GB can be had for similar money in the area I live in. With a bit of luck it's the same where you live.
I'll look into getting the 2gb then. Thanks.
Starfleet Veteran
# 24
08-19-2012, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by otsa609 View Post
Ok, I'm just gona buy a GeForce 560 Ti. That card should be able to play STO in high settings. Hopefully between the 1gb version and the 2gb one, there isn't much of a difference, because I'm getting the 1gb.
Yeah, my 2GB 560Ti can max out STO no issues, but remember that your computer is only as fast as its weakest component. If you're planning to run the 560Ti with something like a Core 2 Duo, you're gonna have issues.
-------------------------------------------------------------
President of Alpha Solaris, a Federation fleet.

I used to be Sinsofasolarempire
Ensign
# 25
08-20-2012, 01:46 AM
Hey all,

I installed the game today and got a message saying my video card wasn't supported. I'm using Intel HD Graphics and an Nvidia GeForce GT 330M. I've been able to all Blizzard games on my computer flawlessly but for some reason STO is having an issue with it. Is the card actually not supported or am i facing some sort of glitch? Any and all help is appriciated.
Starfleet Veteran
# 26
08-20-2012, 04:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneflew View Post
Hey all,

I installed the game today and got a message saying my video card wasn't supported. I'm using Intel HD Graphics and an Nvidia GeForce GT 330M. I've been able to all Blizzard games on my computer flawlessly but for some reason STO is having an issue with it. Is the card actually not supported or am i facing some sort of glitch? Any and all help is appriciated.
I guess you have some form of 'Switcher' to switch from the Integrated chipset to the GT 330M. Try switching it to the GT 330M and see if that fixes the issue.
-------------------------------------------------------------
President of Alpha Solaris, a Federation fleet.

I used to be Sinsofasolarempire
Ensign
# 27
08-20-2012, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinsofanempire View Post
I guess you have some form of 'Switcher' to switch from the Integrated chipset to the GT 330M. Try switching it to the GT 330M and see if that fixes the issue.
I'm currently running a integrated chipset, nothing wrong but the horrible lag I have.
Ensign
# 28
03-20-2013, 08:05 AM
Hi,

I am currently using a Geforce 560ti graphics card with a Gigabyte GA-Z77 D3H motherboard, Intel i5 3570K processor and 8GB of ram. Currently, STO will not run on my PC for some reason. I can load into the character screen but when I try to play the game, the loading screen freezes. Occasionally, if I leave it long enough, the game loads but I am unable to do anything, i.e. move, shoot etc.

I have petition PWE for an answer but they have only suggested things I have already tried, such as lowering the graphics, updating the drivers, running it as administrator, unchecking and checking a few boxes in the options menu etc. None of this has worked. I used the same graphics card in my old PC (which had ancient components except for the graphics card) and STO worked fine. I should also mention that I have had no problems with any other MMO or game on my PC with my current components, only STO.

My girlfriend has exactly the same PC as me with the same components, except she does not have a graphics card and STO works fine on her PC using the onboard graphics. I have tried disabling my graphics card on my PC and using the onboard graphics (which are the same as on my gf's PC) but that hasn't worked either and I just get an error message.

I will confess to not being a genius when it comes to these sorts of things so any advice or suggestions would be welcome. Has anyone else had a similar issue?

Last edited by antarchiteuthis; 03-20-2013 at 08:19 AM.
Ensign
# 29
03-20-2013, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarchiteuthis View Post
Hi,

I am currently using a Geforce 560ti graphics card with a Gigabyte GA-Z77 D3H motherboard, Intel i5 3570K processor and 8GB of ram. Currently, STO will not run on my PC for some reason. I can load into the character screen but when I try to play the game, the loading screen freezes. Occasionally, if I leave it long enough, the game loads but I am unable to do anything, i.e. move, shoot etc.

I have petition PWE for an answer but they have only suggested things I have already tried, such as lowering the graphics, updating the drivers, running it as administrator, unchecking and checking a few boxes in the options menu etc. None of this has worked. I used the same graphics card in my old PC (which had ancient components except for the graphics card) and STO worked fine. I should also mention that I have had no problems with any other MMO or game on my PC with my current components, only STO.

My girlfriend has exactly the same PC as me with the same components, except she does not have a graphics card and STO works fine on her PC using the onboard graphics. I have tried disabling my graphics card on my PC and using the onboard graphics (which are the same as on my gf's PC) but that hasn't worked either and I just get an error message.

I will confess to not being a genius when it comes to these sorts of things so any advice or suggestions would be welcome. Has anyone else had a similar issue?
Well I would just copy your girlfriends STO installation and just put it where yours is. Probably /:c, Users,Public,Games.

If that dont work you could do a fresh Windows install or just put her hard drive in yours to see if either computer can boot up STO.