Cryptic Studios Team
# 11
08-20-2012, 11:44 AM
You guys know that your sig will update on any of your previous posts right? You don't have to make a new post to see a change. . .
-The Artist formerly known as Tumerboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
Tacofangs, what is your beef with where's Sulu?
Empire Veteran
# 12
08-20-2012, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
You guys know that your sig will update on any of your previous posts right? You don't have to make a new post to see a change. . .
Welcome to 10Forward, nice to meet you.

Heir to the high pony of holier than thou, Guardian of the Sacred Mallet of Thwarting, and giver of Baptismal raspberries since 02/02/2010
Career Officer
# 13
08-20-2012, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
Except it doesn't. There's a link in my sig to a topic I made. I made the sig shortly after the topic post. The topic post doesn't have the sig in it.
CHARACTER GRID (@Lord-Ice):
___ |___ _ Fed ____| ____ _KDF __ ____| Rom
Tac_|_Thomas Hale_| __ __Illusion _____| Silence (K)
Eng | ___Antilles _ _| _ Mirror Rygobeth__| N'Vek (F)
Sci _| __ Rygobeth _| _Lukor Son of Q'Tar | Devala (F)
Captain
# 14
08-20-2012, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icegavel View Post
Except it doesn't. There's a link in my sig to a topic I made. I made the sig shortly after the topic post. The topic post doesn't have the sig in it.
The signature updates on any post that previously had a signature. However, if you spend some time on the forum without having a signature, the posts written during that time will never show a signature, even if you later make one.

It's been that way on every forum I ever visited.
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Design that long overdue Tier 5 C-Store Raptor
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
Commander
# 15
08-20-2012, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toiva View Post
The signature updates on any post that previously had a signature. However, if you spend some time on the forum without having a signature, the posts written during that time will never show a signature, even if you later make one.

It's been that way on every forum I ever visited.
I've never seen any other forum that does that, and I've been on several. Most I've seen will update the signature on all posts.

The only other way I've seen is where the forum will only display the signature once on a page.

It seems pretty strange to me that this forum only shows signatures on posts made when you had one when I haven't seen another website ever that does that.
Demons run when a good man goes to war.
Empire Veteran
# 16
08-20-2012, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by morgansmith View Post
my sig image is supposedly set its actually a bit smaller than the required X x X and the file size is under the max but it still wont come up
In the User CP, under the Edit Signature, after you upload the signature picture type [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] in the Your Signature text box. If you've done that already than make sure that the Show your signature option is checked when you write a post.
Captain
# 17
08-20-2012, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by velktra View Post
I've never seen any other forum that does that, and I've been on several. Most I've seen will update the signature on all posts.

The only other way I've seen is where the forum will only display the signature once on a page.

It seems pretty strange to me that this forum only shows signatures on posts made when you had one when I haven't seen another website ever that does that.
Well, I'm talking of mostly French and Czech forums, though BSGO forum does the same thing, for example.

To be honest, it saddened me as well, when I first saw that system, but got used to it...
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Design that long overdue Tier 5 C-Store Raptor
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
Career Officer
# 18
08-20-2012, 02:27 PM
GREAT however as you can see my sig finally showed up but it isnt on my last posts in this thread
stats of my ship coming soon
Commander
# 19
08-20-2012, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toiva View Post
Well, I'm talking of mostly French and Czech forums, though BSGO forum does the same thing, for example.

To be honest, it saddened me as well, when I first saw that system, but got used to it...
lol that explains it. I only do hosts where the primary language is English (other than Spanish, it's all I can read). Thanks for clearing that up.
Demons run when a good man goes to war.
Career Officer
# 20
08-20-2012, 02:54 PM
ok yeah it appears you need to get a sig working then once you do it does update after that...

good :-0
stats of my ship coming soon