Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,526
# 11
08-19-2012, 12:33 PM
I think those ships would do wonders to allow more ship choices on the game, specially the KDF side. They are already in game, so just minor adjustments. And we can use them. It will help out on how KDF don't hardly get any new ships. Even one of those I could consider buying one.

If you look at the non-playable of the other races in the KDF We don't really need Klingon type ships. Use the other races that is in KDF. There is plenty to use from that.

Last edited by farmallm; 08-19-2012 at 12:49 PM.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,159
# 12
08-19-2012, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingmaster View Post
Or, they could dump the pointless raptor class and buff the BoPs to be able to do the work of BoPs and raptors combined.
They'll have to pry my Qin from my cold, dead hands.
__________________________________
STO Forum member since before February 2010.
STO Academy's excellent skill planner here: Link
I actually avoid success entirely. It doesn't get me what I want, and the consequences for failure are slim. -- markhawman
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,273
# 13
08-19-2012, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusty8mac View Post
They'll have to pry my Qin from my cold, dead hands.
Ambushes and destroys crusty8mac from decloak and snatches the Qin from his cold, dead hands
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 48
# 14
08-19-2012, 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingmaster View Post
Can it do that science role with a Tactical captain that's been specc'd for another role? I, unlike some elite players, don't apparently respec my characters every week. I've got it specc'd for hit-and-run ambushing, and it's staying there. That means it can be swatted like a damn fly if the enemy finds so much as a 1-2 second gap between Tac Teams/RSP. It's ridiculous. Even a Federation Escort can last the gaps between Tac Team/RSP buffs, enough to stay in the fight.
It's not ridiculous that a fed escort can survive longer, it ~is~ an escort, it has more hull, more shields than a bop. Expecting to survive every encounter with a bop IS ridiculous, asking for a bop that can survive every encounter is not just ridiculous it's also ludicrous, and asking for it to be buffed is, I'm sorry to say, pure lunacy.

To me, from a tactical perspective, bops are pretty much bang on the money, a highly agile ship like a fighter, capable of delivering devastating amounts of damage in a very small time frame, and disappearing out of sight/weapons range to set up for the next attack, whilst at the same time not able to withstand an attack from either the target, or the targets allies.

All players know a bop is a soft, high dmg target, and there fore, it will be targeted and attacked until it's dead and not a threat. If you don't like that fact, go back to the shipyard and buy yourself a raptor or a battle cruiser. Just stop asking for something to be changed because 1 aspect of it doesn't fit your ideal of what it should be.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,540
# 15
08-19-2012, 08:55 PM
A bird of prey itself is something I'm proud of Cryptic for doing and is the main reason I like to play the KDF for the most part. It's not a weak ship by any means its a ship to best be explained is a ship that redefines how good of a player you are when it comes to piloting and combat skill. While true its hull and shields are not that of an escort and definately not that of a battle cruiser its true function is what its name is a bird of prey it goes in for a kill, kills as much as it can within 20 seconds and then you recloak.

Just some pointers to point out most of any damage you will take during the recloaking integration is kinetic damage using most any skill will help with keeping you alive during that transition the 2 skills in particular are the evasive manuevars and brace for impact... they will give defense and the other kinetic damage resistance. The main purpose tho is a sneak attack get just close enough behind the target where they cant see you while cloaked and then decloak and open fire. The b'rels advantage is that it can prebuff a lot of skills other buffs have greyed out while cloaked. Although there are still many bugs that hinder using the b'rel I still enjoy it.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,273
# 16
08-20-2012, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darat View Post
It's not ridiculous that a fed escort can survive longer, it ~is~ an escort, it has more hull, more shields than a bop. Expecting to survive every encounter with a bop IS ridiculous, asking for a bop that can survive every encounter is not just ridiculous it's also ludicrous, and asking for it to be buffed is, I'm sorry to say, pure lunacy.

To me, from a tactical perspective, bops are pretty much bang on the money, a highly agile ship like a fighter, capable of delivering devastating amounts of damage in a very small time frame, and disappearing out of sight/weapons range to set up for the next attack, whilst at the same time not able to withstand an attack from either the target, or the targets allies.

All players know a bop is a soft, high dmg target, and there fore, it will be targeted and attacked until it's dead and not a threat. If you don't like that fact, go back to the shipyard and buy yourself a raptor or a battle cruiser. Just stop asking for something to be changed because 1 aspect of it doesn't fit your ideal of what it should be.
First they need to make the raptors actually on par with the Fed escorts. Then it might be worth flying 'em around in PVP. Until then, I'd just get ripped to pieces by any competent escort pilot (believe me, I've given it a try), due to the several flaws in the raptor design. At this point in time, raptors are only really effective in PVE and whenever you're fighting someone incompetent in PVP.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,203
# 17
08-20-2012, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusty8mac View Post
they'll Have To Pry My Qin From My Cold, Dead Hands.
^^ +1
I get that special feeling feeling when crushing an enemy with a ship that he can see, don't know if I'm the kinda guy who prefers to hide behind a cloak while knifing my opponent in the back.

...Got that feeling the first time I killed a bug.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf

Last edited by lordmalak1; 08-20-2012 at 01:28 PM.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,096
# 18
08-20-2012, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Exactly.
We KDF have been set aside again so Cryptic could focus on more pressing concerns, like endgame, but we where not forgotten or left to die.
Oddly enough rumor from Vegas says we KDF fans are desired to continue our campaign for completion so they changes we desire can be pushed and proven needed to the hihher ups.
Rally us common KDFers, Roach ... I'll pass out the pitch forks and torches as we hold a good ole fashion KDF pep rally.

Seriously ... It is good to rally us together behind the cause of more KDF content ... period.

A HUGE thank you to Cryptic for the Mogh-class battle cruiser!
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,757
# 19
08-20-2012, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingmaster View Post
First they need to make the raptors actually on par with the Fed escorts. Then it might be worth flying 'em around in PVP. Until then, I'd just get ripped to pieces by any competent escort pilot (believe me, I've given it a try), due to the several flaws in the raptor design. At this point in time, raptors are only really effective in PVE and whenever you're fighting someone incompetent in PVP.
This^^^. The Raptor only falls short in its turn pivot. Takes way too long for that nose to travel to target.
All Escorts out turn it and even the Armitage can out turn it.
Thats sad and needs to be addresed, or they can make the Raptor the first 5/2 weapons set up to compensate.
Until one other or the other is done, the KDF has a subpar version of an escort compared to every other escort in game.
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 100
# 20
08-20-2012, 02:17 PM
OP, you're absolutely right! Let's see these exciting NPC ships become playable.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:51 AM.