Former PWE Community Team Lead
In the latest issue of Star Trek: The Official Magazine, STO is spotlighted. Head to your local magazine retailer, or purchase the electronic version, to check out the eight-page spread which features a piece of exclusive Trek fiction.

Link to the issue info page.
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Lieutenant
# 2
08-20-2012, 07:09 PM
Interesting. Before I spend any money though, does this article include any new information we havent gotten before?
Lieutenant
# 3
08-20-2012, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stof4nb0y View Post
Interesting. Before I spend any money though, does this article include any new information we havent gotten before?
I would say not, any information of concern to current customers would be posted here, the purpose of this article is to bring new players into the sto fold from the star trek magazine, not a bad idea
Lieutenant
# 4
08-20-2012, 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by damec View Post
I would say not, any information of concern to current customers would be posted here, the purpose of this article is to bring new players into the sto fold from the star trek magazine, not a bad idea
Oh, that is completely fine. But since we are being encouraged to purchase it, I am simply asking if there is anything new to us.
Empire Veteran
# 5
08-20-2012, 08:14 PM
Any mention of the KDF?
Career Officer
# 6
08-20-2012, 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by startux View Post
Any mention of the KDF?
I think as a side note they mention one can play as a Klingon...

..if one really wanted too...

But it's only there for the 12 to 18 percent of their readers that might be interested.

<chuckle>
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
08-20-2012, 09:44 PM
Is there a high rez of the article avalible?
Community Moderator
# 8
08-21-2012, 03:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeseofborg View Post
Is there a high rez of the article avalible?
The official electronic versions are pretty high res
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Survivor of Romulus
# 9
08-21-2012, 06:55 AM
While short, I certainly enjoyed the short story in the previous(?) issue about the meeting of Captain Va'Kel Shon and Captain Data.

Hopefully the fiction in this issue is just as good.

>We're back in the Star Trek Online universe meeting more of
>the crew and there's some more exclusive fiction!

Sounds like more background and story about the Enterprise-F crew we met on First Contact Day?

Chris

Last edited by raifin1701; 08-21-2012 at 07:00 AM.
Career Officer
# 10
08-21-2012, 07:39 AM
Two new crew members of the Enterprise F were introduced that I don't believe were mentioned in-game. Kirayoshi O'Brien as Chief Engineer, and a female Caitian named Kyona (the one seen on the Belfast) as Tactical Officer/Chief of Security.

The story centers on Jirelle Kav as she oversees maintenance during the F's shakedown cruise, shortly before "Boldly They Rode." It was a good read, and I look forward to more.
@HyperLimited