Lieutenant
# 1 Klingon HG Shields
08-20-2012, 02:51 PM
Ok so I was looking on the wiki and saw the HG shields have over 8k points and I got proto borg shield tech. When I bought the shields the tool tip show only about 6,700 so did they get nerfed or is there something I'm missing. Also this is before I apply any Field Gens.
Career Officer
# 2
08-20-2012, 03:01 PM
That's the base shield numbers, you're ship's shield modifier is multiplied against that. If you are in a BoP or Raptor it will be less since they have a modifier under 1.0.
Commander
# 3
08-20-2012, 03:02 PM
Your total shield capacity will be modified by your ship's shield modifier.

Raptors and Birds of Prey have poor shield modifiers that reduce the capacity substantially, cruiser get the listed value, and science ships get a bonus to their shield capacity.
Lieutenant
# 4
08-20-2012, 03:02 PM
Ok thanks for the answer but is there a skill that boosts it short of getting Field Gens?
Commander
# 5
08-20-2012, 03:10 PM
Shield Systems.

But yeah, the STO Wiki pic has been taken on a Cruiser. Bortie gets 8k base, Hegh'ta wouldn't.
Lieutenant
# 6
08-20-2012, 03:13 PM
Ok thanks and out of curiosity how do you know I fly a Hegh'Ta
Captain
# 7
08-20-2012, 03:34 PM
Elementary, my dear @spartangamer. Process of elimination. You mentioned the KDF shield, therefore you are flying a KDF ship. The eliminates a build of the possible ships. And you complained about the reduction in shield capacity. That means you are flying ships with smaller shield modifiers <1. The only ships in the KDF side that has that are BoP and Raptors. So it follows that you have to be flying one of them.

Q.E.D.
Survivor of Romulus
# 8
08-20-2012, 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordfuzun View Post
Elementary, my dear @spartangamer. Process of elimination. You mentioned the KDF shield, therefore you are flying a KDF ship. The eliminates a build of the possible ships. And you complained about the reduction in shield capacity. That means you are flying ships with smaller shield modifiers <1. The only ships in the KDF side that has that are BoP and Raptors. So it follows that you have to be flying one of them.

Q.E.D.
and from there. a lucky guess on what ships remained.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
08-20-2012, 08:22 PM
The KHG shields (ground AND space) are the best you can get in the entire game. Cumbined with the classic 3-piece Borg set (cunsole, deflector, engine) you get a really nice tanky ship. Add 2 electroceramic and 1 SIF, 1 Biofunction and 1 Emitter Array, matching BO ablities such as TSS and EPTS, skills into Hull Repair and Warp Core, Shield, Power Level Purrformance abilities etc. and your ship will survive almost anything, even in an Elite STF (PVE only of course). Since the Fleet Raptor has the unnecessary Ensign Tac BO slut, I would recummend to use the Negh'var or Vor'cha Retrofit (Fleet version if possible) instead. Even tankier, still nice turn rates (maybe exchange the SIF with an RCS if you're a cruiser), and 8 weapon sluts to fill with at least 2 fore and 2 aft beams, 2 fore and 2 aft torpedo launchers, purrhaps one rear mine mauncher if you're into mines (tricobalt and quantum do well).

Shield power with KHG shield and skilled points will suffice. You don't need 15K shields from field generators, as the initial shield power is only a small bonus in the beginning. After your shields start dropping, you need a cunstant regeneration and a high power level for shields (still weapons keeping at 120 or higher, since you're a tac and need to do damage as well).
"Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010