Starfleet Veteran
Hey guys,

I know there are some RTS people in this forum. How do you guys react on the F2P game coming for Command & Conquer?
Lifetime - Joined 2008 - U.S.S. Kilimanjaro - Inner Circle
Career Officer
# 2
08-18-2012, 10:45 AM
I probably won't play it, but I'm glad the series isn't totally dead like others from my past.

<nods to Wing Commander>

And at least X-Com is getting remade soon.
I miss my _.
Career Officer
# 3
08-18-2012, 10:49 AM
Hm... I haven't really followed official C&C releases since the Twilight fiasco. Is this to say there's an MMO coming/here?
Republic Veteran
# 4
08-18-2012, 12:38 PM
I'll play it. I've loved C&C since the original.
Click here to watch my STO play-through video series.
Lieutenant
# 5
08-18-2012, 06:39 PM
The Alliances one? It's basically Travian, Tribal Wars, etc. Little different, possibly a bit better, ultimately still basically the exact same thing. It's a bit of fun for a little while, but you'll ultimately never be able to compete with those who can stare at it all day or who started the week before you.

The Frostbite 2 one? Looks pretty, but seems like they might be throwing the single player campaign to the dogs, if they have one at all. After the previous C&C game that they never made, I'm pretty guarded about getting excited about it. It'll probably still require Origin, which will most likely make it a no go for me.

I'd like to play Tiberium Twilight when they finally make it though...

You nearly died Commander. Good thing we forgot all about the Firestorm Incident and gave you cybernetic eyes given to us by our mortal enemy whom we now trust completely! As proof that we didn't even bother checking out the technology in them, and as such determining the risks of putting them into our high level officers, it's currently doing stuff that we had no idea that it could do!
Career Officer
# 6
08-19-2012, 09:40 PM
I havent heard about this new cnc game, any link to it just so i can take a peek. Ive been a fan of CnC since the original. Though ill say the last few new ones were not great, cept 3, it wasnt to shabby.

Be interesting to hear what this ftp thing offers though. I remember playing the first person renegade game that was out along time ago, was kinda interesting.
Like my Fan Page Here
xXLocutusXx
Empire Veteran
# 7
08-19-2012, 10:17 PM
A link for the search impaired.
http://www.commandandconquer.com/free/

I had my hopes up initially about this game, but since hearing that it's F2P I'm very nervous about what that entails.

If there's no single player campaign and is MMOesque in that you need to grind xp and stuff I might just pass this over.

I love and own every C&C game primarily for the single player campaigns and wacky stories. If there's none of that and only PvP or something I will be dissapoint.
Dislike the forum theme? Try THIS. Dislike the STO home page? Try THIS.
Devs, need Fleet Orion Marauder and Dacoit please! :-)

Using - Bulwark, Voth Fighter. Favs - Fleet Corsair, Mogh, Bastion, Nicor, JHEC, JAS
Some others - Orion Marauder, Chel Grett, Guramba, Risian Corvette, Risian Cruiser
Empire Veteran
# 8
08-20-2012, 09:18 PM
http://au.gamespot.com/events/gamesc...ml?sid=6391569
http://www.atomicmpc.com.au/Feature/...-co-op-in.aspx

Quote:
Finally, this is the first free to play game I can think of that's had a single-player component - with free to play generally used in MP environments, has this impacted the campaign experience at all?

For launch we are focusing on our multiplayer experience, both competitive and cooperative, that we want to get in your hands on as soon as possible. From there, we will continuously evaluate additional content based on a variety of player feedback.
So no single player campaign.
At launch at least.
Dislike the forum theme? Try THIS. Dislike the STO home page? Try THIS.
Devs, need Fleet Orion Marauder and Dacoit please! :-)

Using - Bulwark, Voth Fighter. Favs - Fleet Corsair, Mogh, Bastion, Nicor, JHEC, JAS
Some others - Orion Marauder, Chel Grett, Guramba, Risian Corvette, Risian Cruiser

Last edited by eradicator84; 08-20-2012 at 09:54 PM.
Career Officer
# 9
08-20-2012, 09:57 PM
Ah yes now I recall this game, seen the trailor months ago I guess, looks promissing but still not sure after how I seen 4 go down. The fact it contains the frostbite engine is pretty slick. Might give it a look see when it comes out, iam really looken forward to the new GTA game though
Like my Fan Page Here
xXLocutusXx