Captain
# 1 Emission Torpedo
08-21-2012, 01:01 AM
Why in the world is the emission torpedo so slow? It's stupid that I can outrun my own topedo going normal speed. Why bring a torpedo from the canon world if you not going to make it right? The torpedo was designed to catch cloaked ships, especially Birds of Prey. It can't do that if its flying at the speed of a tricobalt device. I have yet to hit a Bird of Prey because its so slow.
Captain
# 2
08-21-2012, 01:33 AM
I think it is because in T2 ships move very slow, so the speed is somewhat Ok for that tier, but it's too slow in higher tiers.

I think the torpedo need scaled speed. At rank 50 it should most as fast as photon. We are after all in 25th century and it is not an emergency torpedo kitbashed by a two officers.
Captain
# 3
08-21-2012, 01:47 AM
I think its to keep with the canon of it from the movie,

Though sadly i dont require a tension scene when firing it, i'd rather see my torpedo hit my target instead of a cloaked ship go to full impulse under cloak..

At the very least they should make the torpedo keep the target in red alert situation, no full impulse = higher chance of a hit.
Captain
# 4
08-21-2012, 03:44 AM
seriously...somebody is using this piece of crap?
Go pro or go home
Captain
# 5
08-21-2012, 03:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baudl View Post
It wouldn't be piece of crap if it didnt move so slowly. It needs standard photon speed.
Captain
# 6
08-21-2012, 04:06 AM
no, the fact that it is a console that adds 19 to sensor (beside the stealth stat, the most useless)
The benefit it gives...a "chance" to disable engines for a short duration, is by far not worth a cosnole slot. That alone make it a crap device+gimping your next torpedo to a near 0 mevement makes it even worse.

even with standard photon speed, you would have wasted a valueable console slot for a situation that arises maybe once during a PVP match against klingons.

but that is ofcourse entirely my opinion...but i suggest anybody seriously using it should make a little "pro and cons" list. would love to see the list that comes out with more pros for this console.
Go pro or go home
Captain
# 7
08-21-2012, 04:35 AM
Noone said it's great for pvp queus. But great if some Open PVP zone is implemented. I can imagine how you can nicely abuse BoPs in Kerrats with it..or rather you could if it was fast. It is also one of the piece for dedicated sensor boat.

Not saying it's worth it. Saying it could be worth it.
Empire Veteran
# 8
08-21-2012, 05:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baudl View Post
The Fed NPC's do now My Klingon player can attest to it... I've caught many of them in Gravity Well
Was named Trek17, but still an author.
Captain
# 9
08-21-2012, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elandarksky View Post
I think its to keep with the canon of it from the movie,

Though sadly i dont require a tension scene when firing it, i'd rather see my torpedo hit my target instead of a cloaked ship go to full impulse under cloak..

At the very least they should make the torpedo keep the target in red alert situation, no full impulse = higher chance of a hit.
I just watched the movie, last night. It moves the same speed as a regular torpedo, just erratic because the Bird of Prey was behind the Enterprise, and the torpedo had to sniff its way to the target.

In the game, however, the torpedo moves like a snail and the only way to get hit by it is be held in a tractor beam or stuck in a gravity well which defeats the purpose of even using it.

In other Star Trek games, your speed is reduced when you are cloaked because it draws a lot of power from your engines.

Last edited by alexindcobra; 08-21-2012 at 08:35 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-22-2012, 11:08 AM
This is the most useless console in the game, lol.