Republic Veteran
# 131
08-20-2012, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
Just FYI.
The FX change was due to a code change made a while back, which broke the old style of FX that had been applied to clickies. Rather than revert the code change, a new type of FX had to be made, which did not rely on the object's position.
The new design needs more revision, setting everything on fire wasn't a good solution.
Starfleet Veteran
# 132
08-20-2012, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Just FYI.
The FX change was due to a code change made a while back, which broke the old style of FX that had been applied to clickies. Rather than revert the code change, a new type of FX had to be made, which did not rely on the object's position.
Yea, that's what we figured. Something else got broke...
Career Officer
# 133
08-20-2012, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Just FYI.
Dosn't make it it any less horrible, or less crappy to look at...

Sorry taco... I know you guys are probably doing the best you can, but this just dosen't fly.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Rihannsu
# 134
08-20-2012, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Dosn't make it it any less horrible, or less crappy to look at...

Sorry taco... I know you guys are probably doing the best you can, but this just dosen't fly.
I don't mind it. It works better on random objects that the old way of making things glow. Does it look weird on consoles? yeah. But overall I like it.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 135
08-20-2012, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Just FYI.
Transtation - The STO engine was updated to the current stable NeverWinter code branch, and that branch had the new NeverWinter interact graphic; so STO inheirited it. It's fixable, but with such an ambitious and overloaded STO development schedule that we're on now, it's low priority,
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Career Officer
# 136
08-20-2012, 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticarmsman View Post
Transtation - The STO engine was updated to the current stable NeverWinter code branch, and that branch had the new NeverWinter interact graphic; so STO inheirited it. It's fixable, but with such an ambitious and overloaded STO development schedule that we're on now, it's low priority,
OOoooo...

I get to be a NeverWinter Beta Tester without ever having to play THAT game...

Now there's a wonderful LTS/Gold perk for ya.

<shakes head>
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4.5 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.
Career Officer
# 137
08-20-2012, 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticarmsman View Post
I'm not a fan of the graphic, but it's nice to know why that happened.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/BuffyFanForever/Misc%20Pics/CustomSizeforSTOSignatureImagesSelection3.jpg
Captain
Since the update of the interaction glow was changed for computer consoles etc. players have said how they don't like it. I kind of disagreed and saw it as something new to get used to. But sadly I can't. Being the colour (or color for my american friends) it is now is at times hard to see. So I think there are two options available. Either leave it as it is but please change it to a more stand out colour (color) ie blue or red, or revert back to how it was.

It is always good to have a change from time to time, but sometimes changes don't always work for the best.
Live long and Prosper
Career Officer
# 139
08-21-2012, 08:37 AM
Yeah come on guys, how hard can it be to revert this nonsense?
Starfleet Veteran
# 140
08-21-2012, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjohnsonva View Post
Yeah come on guys, how hard can it be to revert this nonsense?
Can't be any harder than putting beets back in the replicator, but, as usual, they're stymied by it. You know the drill. Rush the exact, same, buggy, patch/season, that was on Tribble, to Holodeck. Then wait for all the complaints of all the "little stuff", that invariably got broken, to hopefully die down, then do nothing to fix them, because they're small potatoes, and you've got bigger fish to fry. Then go to Vegas, and tell everyone about the awsome, new, expansion you just released, say your team has grown "exponentially" (20 more people) and promise people the future of the game is so bright, they're gonna' need shades. Oh, and don't forget to tell people that you're holding back on some things, because you don't want to release anything that isn't ready for primetime. (talk about closin' the freakin' door after all the horses got out)