Rihannsu
# 831
08-20-2012, 08:10 PM
Of course it's getting worse..... the number of bugs in a computer program is directly related to the complexity of the program. Every time you add stuff there's the chance of accidentally breaking something.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Commander
# 832
08-20-2012, 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Of course it's getting worse..... the number of bugs in a computer program is directly related to the complexity of the program. Every time you add stuff there's the chance of accidentally breaking something.
This however, can be countered by a good programmer. It would seem, then, that cryptic tdoesnt have any good programmers
When in doubt, (hehe) c4!
This sig dedicated to the many random objects the Mythbusters crew has blow to smitherines
Starfleet Veteran
# 833
08-20-2012, 11:26 PM
This happened to me tonight, while it was not really anyone fault. It was just one of those "all the NPC hate me" I will also point out that I have run Elites for a few months now and when I run with my fleet buddies, we 99% of the time complete each STFE with about 2-5 mins on the clock and get every bonus objective.

Ok, so tonight I unpacked my cardassian Galor, set it up and went testing it on STFE and everything was going wonderful. I GUP for ISE and so the story begins.

So we head over to the cube and by "we" I mean just 2 of us. At first you might think, oh great another AFK story, but you would be wrong. They started to head over 1 at a time, so at least they were starting to play. While keeping an eye on them, I didn't spot the damage I had taken and the heavy plasma torpedo hitting me square in the face.

1st death.

So I heal myself spawn and head back into the fight, about 2 mins later the cube goes pop. I realise now that it has taken us about 4 mins to pop that cube and know now some of these guys don't have any real DPS, but I persist and we kill the spheres. I say in chat "10% rule would be nice" like I do every time I gup and to my surprise I get a reply back saying "agreed" so we head over to the left cube and begin the attack.

2nd death.

Yep, out of no where I just go pop, 100% shields 100% HPs to zero in the blink of an eye. FINE, I think, heal, respawn and head back over. We take out the cube drop the gens following the 10% rule pop the tranny and start hitting the in coming spheres.

3rd death.

Yes another random death from 100% to zero. Heal and head back in helping to pop the spheres which takes longer than normal, due to some of them not having any high DPS. So we head over to the right side. As normal I leave a 13-15k distance from the gate.

4th death.

Yep another random blink of the eye death, caused by the gate, even thou I was about 15k away. So I heal and head back into the fight. I would like to point out that it was not just me that was dying, but I care not to mention how many times some of them died.

Ok so skipping ahead. We were taking down the gens and I had mine at 10% a lot quicker than them. I decided to look at each of their gens to see who was not doing much damage. Spotted who they were and asked them how many STFE they had done and got an honest answer. "not many". "NP" I replied "but you should run normals until you have better Borg gear before trying elite"

Skip ahead to killing the spheres 2 more deaths, after heading back the tac cube decides he just doesn't like me and aggro's on me even thou I left a 40k distance from it on the way back to help the others. Another death caused by and aggro'ed cube and an angry gate. Respawn only to find the cube sitting near the spawn point waiting for me. WTF, ok, I run from it to get back over to the others and we pop the gate. Everyone starts to hit the cube, but I notice a sphere that has been missed and it has decided to aggro me. Ok I will kill it and the others can work on the cube, which should then aggro onto them.

Nope, the cube is still angry and aggro'ed on me, Why? I don't know maybe he didn't like the cut of my jib. Even thou they are attacking it, the cube ignores them and attacks me. As well as the forgotten sphere. I did manage to kill the sphere before I went pop. So respawn and oh joy the cube is back at the spawn waiting for me, even thou the others were attacking it. WTF

We managed to take down the cube and I managed to incur no more deaths, but I was not happy. I was not unhappy with my fellow team mates, I know the risk in gupin, so getting annoyed about it is pointless. I was miffed at how many random complete BS deaths I had. I don't think I have died that many time in a single night of STFE, maybe even 2 nights of running them.
Career Officer
# 834
08-21-2012, 01:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzsth View Post
This happened to me tonight, while it was not really anyone fault. It was just one of those "all the NPC hate me" I will also point out that I have run Elites for a few months now and when I run with my fleet buddies, we 99% of the time complete each STFE with about 2-5 mins on the clock and get every bonus objective.

Ok, so tonight I unpacked my cardassian Galor, set it up and went testing it on STFE and everything was going wonderful. I GUP for ISE and so the story begins.

So we head over to the cube and by "we" I mean just 2 of us. At first you might think, oh great another AFK story, but you would be wrong. They started to head over 1 at a time, so at least they were starting to play. While keeping an eye on them, I didn't spot the damage I had taken and the heavy plasma torpedo hitting me square in the face.

1st death.

So I heal myself spawn and head back into the fight, about 2 mins later the cube goes pop. I realise now that it has taken us about 4 mins to pop that cube and know now some of these guys don't have any real DPS, but I persist and we kill the spheres. I say in chat "10% rule would be nice" like I do every time I gup and to my surprise I get a reply back saying "agreed" so we head over to the left cube and begin the attack.

2nd death.

Yep, out of no where I just go pop, 100% shields 100% HPs to zero in the blink of an eye. FINE, I think, heal, respawn and head back over. We take out the cube drop the gens following the 10% rule pop the tranny and start hitting the in coming spheres.

3rd death.

Yes another random death from 100% to zero. Heal and head back in helping to pop the spheres which takes longer than normal, due to some of them not having any high DPS. So we head over to the right side. As normal I leave a 13-15k distance from the gate.

4th death.

Yep another random blink of the eye death, caused by the gate, even thou I was about 15k away. So I heal and head back into the fight. I would like to point out that it was not just me that was dying, but I care not to mention how many times some of them died.

Ok so skipping ahead. We were taking down the gens and I had mine at 10% a lot quicker than them. I decided to look at each of their gens to see who was not doing much damage. Spotted who they were and asked them how many STFE they had done and got an honest answer. "not many". "NP" I replied "but you should run normals until you have better Borg gear before trying elite"

Skip ahead to killing the spheres 2 more deaths, after heading back the tac cube decides he just doesn't like me and aggro's on me even thou I left a 40k distance from it on the way back to help the others. Another death caused by and aggro'ed cube and an angry gate. Respawn only to find the cube sitting near the spawn point waiting for me. WTF, ok, I run from it to get back over to the others and we pop the gate. Everyone starts to hit the cube, but I notice a sphere that has been missed and it has decided to aggro me. Ok I will kill it and the others can work on the cube, which should then aggro onto them.

Nope, the cube is still angry and aggro'ed on me, Why? I don't know maybe he didn't like the cut of my jib. Even thou they are attacking it, the cube ignores them and attacks me. As well as the forgotten sphere. I did manage to kill the sphere before I went pop. So respawn and oh joy the cube is back at the spawn waiting for me, even thou the others were attacking it. WTF

We managed to take down the cube and I managed to incur no more deaths, but I was not happy. I was not unhappy with my fellow team mates, I know the risk in gupin, so getting annoyed about it is pointless. I was miffed at how many random complete BS deaths I had. I don't think I have died that many time in a single night of STFE, maybe even 2 nights of running them.
Wow - talk about bad luck! Though it does seem as if the whole thing was made worse by the inexperienced team. Saying that, we've all encountered those and, as you say, it would be nice if they'd complete a few normal-level STF's before trying Elite.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Lieutenant
# 835
08-21-2012, 04:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzsth View Post
Yep another random blink of the eye death
It happens. Getting instapopped by invisible missiles is just one of those things that happens to everyone. Same with falling in the lava at the end of ige. Everyone falls in now and then. Don't feel bad about it.
Rihannsu
# 836
08-21-2012, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dood98998 View Post
This however, can be countered by a good programmer. It would seem, then, that cryptic tdoesnt have any good programmers
Nah, if they had bad programmers the game would have far more bugs than it does.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Commander
# 837
08-21-2012, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Nah, if they had bad programmers the game would have far more bugs than it does.
Alright, lazy programmers. The xchange bug is annoying, and has been know about for a LONG time, yet the devs have not responded to questions about it, and no one in the coding dept. Has bothered trying to fix it. And there's invisa torps, but that's not really a bug, just gozers ego
When in doubt, (hehe) c4!
This sig dedicated to the many random objects the Mythbusters crew has blow to smitherines
Starfleet Veteran
# 838 Speaking of bugs.
08-21-2012, 12:25 PM
There is was....

I joined a fleet defense PuG and right away said 'hi'.

Someone else said 'hi' on voice chat.

Only four ships shows up total including me.

I look at all the ships, all had accolades of over 4000.

Then a ships drops out before the battle starts, we're down to three.

The voice chat guy says 'anyone else getting a lot of lag?'

I typed 'no'.

The battle starts.

I see the guy with the voice chat stuttering. Really bad stuttering, two or three seconds between jumps.

Then I hear him 'stupid game has so many bugs, I can't even play.'

I typed 'stutter is a computer problem, not the game.'

He says 'my mom just bought me this computer 3 years ago, it's a 1.6 with 1 gig memory and a GeForce 3 ti2000 video card. It should run this game just fine. Cryptic just sucks.'

Another ship drops out. We're down to 2.

I type 'you'd have better luck with a commodore 64.'

He said, 'my mom can't afford a commodore 64, she's on welfare'

I typed 'LOL'

He got pissed and said some dirty words and left.

Now it's just me. But I did finish off the third group and take away lots of loot.
Captain
# 839
08-21-2012, 01:47 PM
I wish I could put together a slideshow of clips from all the STfs where my D'kora or Defiant have been one shotted by any of the following (which are all overpowered now):

CSE cube heavy plasma torps
CSE BoP heavy plasma torps (yes, they do a LOT)
CSE Negh'var isometric charges
ISE cube heavy plasma torps
ISE sphere heavy plasma torps (also do a lot)
ISE gate heayv plasma torps
ISE tactical cube heavy plasma torps
KASE Donatra's scimitar disruptor blast

I can have my shields at full, hull at full, and using brace for impact and still be one shotted. I know the Defiant is fragile but... come on. These things are just overpowered.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramming Speed at its finest.
[Combat (Self)] Your Ramming Speed III deals 158125 (201492) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to [Player's Scimitar].
We are the Borg. Irrelevancy is irrelevant. ~ Cry OP, and let slip the devs of nerf!
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my mission! :-)
Captain
# 840
08-21-2012, 03:23 PM
I'm 95% sure I haven't posted this story here yet, so I'll share it with you.

I flipped to EliteSTF channel to get a team for KASE. In the lobby there seemed to be a disorganized discussion of strategy... whatever. We get into the STF, blow the tac cube and get on with the rest. Now I don't remember how it happened but near the end of finishing the gates I got stuck on left probe duty because the guy doing it ran off.

Enter (verbally) Trolly, my nickname for one person (because I can't say their real name). When the guy on left probes ran off, there was a probe about halfway to the portal. Now since I just got drafted into finishing the probe, I'm scrambling to get my D'kora's DHCs in place. Since the probe was already so far from the gate, I couldn't kill it in time. Luckily the team blows the gates just before the probe enters and we get the optional.

Trolly lets off like an airhorn.

As we move on to Donatra he's screaming about how low my dps was, that I'm such a noob and that I can't even stop a probe. Me and another person (the other two were silent the rest of the matche) are trying to explain to Trolly that once you get the optional it doesn't matter.

He flies away from the scimitar and starts yelling about he didn't even get to need or greed on the loot. He's insulting us and generally trolling about how we can't even get Donatra down. So he finally comes in and helps us defeat the scimitar and we finish.

Later that same day...

I'm back on EliteSTF looking for a team to run another STF. As soon as I say LFG Trolly rears his ugly head and starts saying (if memory serves)

"Voporak is a noob with absolutely no dps whatsoever, you probably don't want him on your team"

I just say that's untrue and to take his spamming elsewhere. A channel admin popps in and quiets him down. Boy, the nerve of some people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramming Speed at its finest.
[Combat (Self)] Your Ramming Speed III deals 158125 (201492) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to [Player's Scimitar].
We are the Borg. Irrelevancy is irrelevant. ~ Cry OP, and let slip the devs of nerf!
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my mission! :-)

Last edited by voporak; 08-21-2012 at 03:26 PM.