Commander
# 1 Tally-ho!
08-21-2012, 01:44 AM
So I recently decided to liven things up in STO, and do something really bloody stupid. I took my Peregrine fighter out with my Lvl50 Tac.

Interestingly she did all right as. Doing a Aid a Defari patrol mission I only died once, and that was to the last cruiser. So maybe this wasn't as silly as it sounds. I suspect if nothing else it will make me a better player, as I'll have to use the universal abilities to better effect, as I hardly ever touch them these days.

However I'm always looking for helpful advice on improving my ship.

So a rough run down:
Phaser DHC's front
Full Aegis set (takes my Defence to 80-85%).
Devidian device thingy (more defence value!)
Thunderchild point defence console (Phaser + More shooty)
Two Phaser boost consoles.

An alternate idea was Polaron DHC's and a full Jem Hadar set, although that would only up my damage and decrease my survivability.
I am thinking maybe Quad Phaser cannons, pull the point defence for something else and a torp up front.

But now we come onto the Bridge officer, and we have some options. I tried mask energy signature. The Idea being that if there's Frigates or multiple enemies, I zap one of those so he's not shooting at me then spank the other two.
However I'm not so sure about that now.
Interestingly I can get the full defence value with 25 power to engines, leaving a surprising amount for shields or Aux, so I could have a semi-effective Aux based power.

So thoughts on the Bridge officer or other load outs please.
Commander
# 2
08-21-2012, 05:25 AM
purvee1 interesting idea that I may have to try.

First off, this is just my opinion.

Can you get the first defense turret? If you could I would put that in instead of the the point defense console. I would try the quad or even just DCs and see if your damage changes.
Next, if you want you could try anti-proton for the crit proc. But with just the one weapon it may not be the best idea.

You may want to try the omega set because of the extra damage and it may be about the same defense. I don't know just wondering how it would change.

What do you have in the other front spot?

Kyle
Delta Fleet Command
Commander
# 3
08-21-2012, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylesal24 View Post
purvee1 interesting idea that I may have to try.

First off, this is just my opinion.

Can you get the first defense turret? If you could I would put that in instead of the the point defense console. I would try the quad or even just DCs and see if your damage changes.
Next, if you want you could try anti-proton for the crit proc. But with just the one weapon it may not be the best idea.

You may want to try the omega set because of the extra damage and it may be about the same defense. I don't know just wondering how it would change.

What do you have in the other front spot?

Kyle

Yeah anti-proton are a possibility. however at the moment my AP weapons are all from before the level cap was raised (so MK X). That's why I went Phasers, on the test flight, so I could use my MK XI purples.

Up front I have 2x DHC's.
I must admit I was thinking Dual cannons instead due to their firing cycle being less Bust like.

MACO set: I've never done a STF so I only have access to the episode rewards, and the Breen one is rather unhelpful.

Its just occurred to me. The Klingon Fighter, with the repair platform could work even better than the Fed one!
Commander
# 4
08-21-2012, 12:15 PM
May go get it in the next few days. If I do you want to meet up and do some PUGs?

Kyle
Delta Fleet Command