Lieutenant
# 161
08-20-2012, 07:15 AM
What are your thoughts on the Subspace Jumper universal console? Seems like it would be invaluable in PVP, specially if you get jumped/held or just need to turn around. I have it equiped and find it extremely useful.
Career Officer
# 162
08-20-2012, 08:21 PM
The Boss got himself banned for whatever reason... I have the Jump Console, and I think its pretty awesome. Activate your buffs/debuffs, hit the jump, align and fire the lance on the enemy's rear shield.

You are essentially trading the damage buff from decloaking for the (ostensibly) weaker rear shield. I suppose you also get some bonuses from the change in location.

HOWEVER, using the Jump does NOT brak any tracking weapon locks on you... if a torpedo is coming after you and you can't shoot it down, it will still hit you after you jumped away.
Lieutenant
# 163
08-21-2012, 05:48 AM
Yeah I know stuff like tractor beams and stuff stick but if you get tractored by someone approaching your broad side you can atleast get to a facing position and get them with the main guns. This is very important to me since I am using DHC's instead of regular cannons. I feel the effort of having to get into a facing position pays off very well if you can manage it. Of course, I haven't tried it in PVP yet so I may get my butt kicked...

Oh and I am still using the cloak! I have Jumper, Cloak, and Assimilated Module taking up engineering console spots.
Ensign
# 164
08-21-2012, 10:50 AM
I find it tragic that anyone has enabled this idiocy to go on for 17 pages. If you fly this ship, you are an idiot. If you actually die to this ship, you are an even bigger idiot--but not as big an idiot as "Destruction God" or whatever animu nonsense the subhuman who thought up this obese monstrosity calls himself. If I were actually emotionally invested in this plebeian exercise I sometimes pretend is a game, I would weep at the sight of someone who can afford XII's and [Acc]x3's would use it to outfit this asinine ship. As it stands, I'll just laugh nervously and inwardly cringe.
Lieutenant
# 165
08-21-2012, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyatlovbass View Post
I find it tragic that anyone has enabled this idiocy to go on for 17 pages. If you fly this ship, you are an idiot. If you actually die to this ship, you are an even bigger idiot--but not as big an idiot as "Destruction God" or whatever animu nonsense the subhuman who thought up this obese monstrosity calls himself. If I were actually emotionally invested in this plebeian exercise I sometimes pretend is a game, I would weep at the sight of someone who can afford XII's and [Acc]x3's would use it to outfit this asinine ship. As it stands, I'll just laugh nervously and inwardly cringe.
Haha, I love it when egomaniacs jump into a thread crying about how it still exists and simultaneously guaranteeing that someone will respond therefore perpetuating the very thing he claims to hate. Congratulations! Does it make you feel cool to insult someones decision to fly a ship you personally don't like? For someone who claims to not be emotionally invested you sure do have a lot of passion towards hating it....which is emotion. Plebeian? let me guess....college student? McDonalds patty flipper? LOL! So when you are not pretending it's a game does it become something else? Are you currently in a padded room?

Last edited by krylm; 08-21-2012 at 03:36 PM.
Career Officer
# 166
08-21-2012, 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krylm View Post
Haha, I love it when egomaniacs jump into a thread crying about how it still exists and simultaneously guaranteeing that someone will respond therefore perpetuating the very thing he claims to hate. Congratulations! Does it make you feel cool to insult someones decision to fly a ship you personally don't like? For someone who claims to not be emotionally invested you sure do have a lot of passion towards hating it....which is emotion. Plebeian? let me guess....college student? McDonalds patty flipper? LOL! So when you are not pretending it's a game does it become something else? Are you currently in a padded room?
BUt wait a moment... our critic is spending one of his precious posts to tell us how he or she feels. It must be important to share....

No, it wasn't.
Lieutenant
# 167
08-22-2012, 07:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillee View Post
BUt wait a moment... our critic is spending one of his precious posts to tell us how he or she feels. It must be important to share....

No, it wasn't.
He must be too busy playing Water-polo and drinking tea with crumpets to deal with us commoners!
Career Officer
# 168
08-22-2012, 07:21 AM
Thankfully there was nothing of value in his post anyway.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY

Last edited by reyan01; 08-29-2012 at 04:34 AM.
Captain
# 169
08-26-2012, 11:04 AM
Quote:
I tried reading this again to see if there was anything valid in it....

Nope. Missed nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krylm View Post
Oh and I am still using the cloak! I have Jumper, Cloak, and Assimilated Module taking up engineering console spots.
Jumper and cloak are an absolute killer combination, but it's better to use Sci slots as a dumping ground first. Those usually require charts to use correctly, and even then don't do much. The Engie consoles give better buffs IMO.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Career Officer
# 170
08-29-2012, 04:34 AM
Quote:
Thanks for your opinion, Ensign four-posts; now please kindly return to flying whatever amazing pwnage machine you fly.

Incidentally, if you actually took the time to READ some of the comments/posts that you so casually dismiss you'll see video evidence of the FACT that Hakaishinlegion's build is a actually VERY effective and he has one-shotted opponents in it.

Perhaps you should see if you can find him in PvP so that you can put your DPS where your mouth is rather than badmouthing him on the forums*. I'm afraid that, since hakaishinlegion has posted visual evidence of his build being effective, burden of proof is on YOU to prove that it isn't.

* Furthermore, To badmouth someone who has no right of reply (since he is currently banned from posting) is distasteful to my mind

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY

Last edited by reyan01; 08-29-2012 at 04:37 AM.
Closed Thread