Lt. Commander
# 11
08-21-2012, 04:03 PM
Shaani don't even try and misquote me. Reality is you buy these things and you pander to more of the garbage spreading it's way across the industry. Imagine the disaster that would unfold if companies like EA decided to implement this idea, there is a visage of horror for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenovita View Post
Thank you for the count to ten article!

I will translate it and put it in to our Fleet website.

Thanks!
Np, glad raising the issue again has helped someone. ^_^
Rihannsu
# 12
08-21-2012, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikev View Post
Shaani don't even try and misquote me.
I didn't. You said your mind is made up. So be it, but I don't see what you're complaining about, since you have never opened one and never will and nobody's forcing you to. In fact, if you're selling them, you're actually profiting off the system, so it's been good for you I guess?

See, I feel like I do have a reason to complain, because I did open the ones that had consumables and a single lobi more often than not. Those were not giving me my money's worth (when I actually paid anything for them, because again it's not like it's any trouble to get them for free).

They listened to my feedback and changed them, however, and now? I'm fine with it.

Quote:
Reality is you buy these things and you pander to more of the garbage spreading it's way across the industry. Imagine the disaster that would unfold if companies like EA decided to implement this idea, there is a visage of horror for you.
And if they do spread to other games, you still won't open any. So . . . yeah, I got nothing.
Career Officer
# 13
08-21-2012, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Either way I'm now paying as little as I can due to this stupid system and putting the boxes on the exchange for some other poor sucker to pick up.
So apparently they aren't totally intolerable, since you seem capable of selling them to other poor suckers as you describe them. Can't cry FOUL , THESE ARE INTOLERABLE !!! , LOCKBOXES ARE THE WORST THING EVER !!! and then turn around , and use them in any way , that includes selling them for your own personal gain.

Just a little definition for you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypocrisy

Hypocrisy is the state of promoting or administering virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that one does not actually have or is guilty of violating.[1] Hypocrisy often involves the deception of others and thus can be considered a kind of lie.

But seriously, if raging about a months dead topic, on which you have no "right" of it, just your rage, makes you feel better. Go right ahead. I'll just sit over here and enjoy the game I mostly get to play for free , partially because of lockbox/key promotions.

Keep telling us how bad they are, while using them yourself.
if you were serious about all this, you wouldn't even pick them up.

Shall I link Hypocrisy again ?
Career Officer
# 14
08-21-2012, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Branflakes just told me the notifications can be disabled in the mini-map drop-down. (Thank you for being so quick Bran!) No public answer on licencing though.
Though I don't mind the lock boxes themselves, I do mind the rate at which they get dropped.
I had rolled up a new toon, and for kicks started him on the Azura mission, the first four drops by NPCs were lock boxes

But, all in all, I don't mind. i either leave them there or pick them up and hold onto them for whatever.

I would be interested in knowing how to turn off the announcements that someone has won a Tholian this ship, or a Tholian that ship.

Thanks!
Career Officer
# 15
08-21-2012, 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifter1969 View Post

I would be interested in knowing how to turn off the announcements that someone has won a Tholian this ship, or a Tholian that ship.

Thanks!
drop down menu on the lower right of the mini map.
Notifications
Uncheck Flyby for gameplay announcements
Career Officer
# 16
08-21-2012, 05:24 PM
Thanks, that helps!
Commander
# 17
08-21-2012, 06:21 PM
I don't get what's the problem - especially with the current lockbox.

• You see them rarely compared to the previous editions.
  • You can turn off the announcements about those lucky (is that the problem?) people getting a ship - there was an option for that long before Season 6 came out.
  • I'm not sure if you know that, but you don't have to open any lockboxes.
  • You know exactly what you'll get from a box: 4 lobi crystals. That's guaranteed. If you think it's not worth it, don't waste your money (hell - you don't have to spend any money at all to open a box).
  • You want a thing from the lockbox without opening it? Just earn a couple of million EC and buy it on the exchange. Believe me - it's really simple. And don't tell me "somebody had to open those lockboxes". I know, but it's their choice and none of your business. Everyone has their reason, their conscience, and they don't need you as their attorney.

Last edited by jjumetley; 08-21-2012 at 06:23 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-21-2012, 07:38 PM
Rarely? I probably, just on sheer packrat reflex, have nearly 100 of the bloody things.
Career Officer
# 19
08-21-2012, 10:00 PM
Lockboxes = Money for PWE
Money for PWE = Keeping STO Servers Online

I'm okay with this....

It's also optional... nobody has a gun to your head to open a box.....
I'll stop kicking that horse when the bugs fixed. Until then as a paying consumer, I will voice my opinion.
Starfleet Veteran
# 20
08-21-2012, 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifter1969 View Post
Though I don't mind the lock boxes themselves, I do mind the rate at which they get dropped.
I had rolled up a new toon, and for kicks started him on the Azura mission, the first four drops by NPCs were lock boxes
Sure they get dropped, but remember, and this was said by the devs themselves (I can't find the quoted post): The lockboxes do not and will not take the place of regular loot.

Lockboxes operate on their own, separate loot table that exists independent of your regular drops. You are gaining lockboxes, not losing loot.
Closed Thread