Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 566
# 21
08-21-2012, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by criminius View Post
News flash I just put crimson in a cruiser from the jemmy. Guess what? I still did around 700k dmg. Granted it takes abit longer.


Someone pass the cheese to go with the wine/whine.
You in a cruiser. Lol. I gotta see that.

@mewi: haven't tried a patrol yet, but I can tell you when I played with the bug ship for few weeks, I felt I'm back in the bop, but dealing more damage and surviving better. I also had a mkxii purple turn console in it for more fun, I can tell you that ships in evasives flying 90 degrees left or right were so easy to turn after (power to engine was 55 with all bonuses). You can continue firing in them and with an omega, even follow most and keep within firing range. That ship is either overpowered, either superior to any escort, take it as you want it. Not an iwin button definitely, but brings a fair ammount of advantage to the table. Put some lolarons on it and you will love that little sh it. Curiousity, have you tried a bug?
Hear! Sons of Kahless
Hear! Daughters too.
The blood of battle washes clean.
The Warrior brave and true.
We fight, we love, and then we kill...
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 471
# 22
08-21-2012, 03:47 PM
I was in one of Mini's huge PvPs. Me in my Gumby and there were a few bugs. At one point my ship was about to blow so I hit all the get out of Dodge buttons and ran for the hills, and for once I seemed to get away with it. I can't remember the name of the pilot right now, but they are frequent PvP forum posters and have a bug, ran me down like the fat bucket of lard I am. So there we were slugging it out in our own little duel within Mini's war. Observation one, I was surprised I lasted as long as I did. Observation two, I was surprised I did as much damage to that bug as I did. Observation three, that bug was winning.

The superior escort in the hands of a superior pilot vs an average pilot in an average ship...

<<

>>

Who are we kidding here?

Still had a great time. XD
If you are a pickle in a pickle jar you know every pickle's different, sort of, but really they're all just pickles...
They taste the same.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 566
# 23
08-21-2012, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tick0 View Post
Oh and it's a really ugly ship and why I regularly move back to my Defiant/MVAM and Armitage.
I agree 1000%, lol, if there is something I hate about bug, that is it, ugly as a mofo...
Hear! Sons of Kahless
Hear! Daughters too.
The blood of battle washes clean.
The Warrior brave and true.
We fight, we love, and then we kill...
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,671
# 24
08-21-2012, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dantrainor View Post
It's superior? Yes
iWin? Hell no.

How do I know? I own one.
like i said, and you quoted, it is categorically better then any other escort. its then up to the user to suck in it, or excel. a top tier bug user has no equal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by criminius View Post
News flash I just put crimson in a cruiser from the jemmy. Guess what? I still did around 700k dmg. Granted it takes abit longer.


Someone pass the cheese to go with the wine/whine.
i can, and have done the same in cruisers. the bug ship deals so much damage because its so talky, and with its turn rate it basically has 100% uptime on its cannons fireing at something. other ships deal less damage because they simply cant match that up time.


Quote:
Originally Posted by tick0 View Post
dontdrunk and Ghosty will complain until they get one.
oh HEEEEEEEEEEEEEL no. if some on gave me one, i would trash it, just so 1 less exists. its not my policy to pretend something isn't op just because i own or use it. plus i only really have fun in cruisers anymore for some reason.


Quote:
Originally Posted by tick0 View Post
Not once did I come to the forums in the 6 months or so of not having a Bug to complain about it. Sure, I was annoyed when I came across one in PvP - I was jealous, duh! Yes, it's got better stats than any other escort, but by no means is it an I-Win button - that's entirely up to the person using it. Oh and it's a really ugly ship and why I regularly move back to my Defiant/MVAM and Armitage.

Also, it's a bit late to complain about it. Lockbox ships are here to stay, so complaining about a ship that arrived in December 2011 is pointless. What do you hope to achieve? Do you really think Cryptic will all of a sudden nerf it after almost a year of it being out? So far, the only thing they've done about it is buff it to compensate for the next level of ships - fleet ships. Catch up, people!
at release they had raptor hull and fed escort shields hitpoints, which was overpowered, a normal 4 tactical consoles but also 4 engineering consoles, which was overpowered. and a BOP turn rate, which was overpowered.

it was overpowered, but it wasn't game breaking, yet. then the fleet ships came along and geko made the worst decision he ever made at his time working at cryptic, he buffed it. he buffed the hell out of it. now it has cruiser hit points and shield mod, and a 5th tac console. now its game breaking, well flow bugs ruin every pub match they are a part of by haveing cruiser durability, escort damage and evasion, and bop maneuverability. they can be handled in premades, but theres certanly nothing beter to bring if you bring any escort to one.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 351
# 25
08-21-2012, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewi View Post
Shield cap? No, Emitter Array >

YOu assume there is only one way to fight, then again the additional turn can be made up VIA consoles without any significant drop in battle effectiveness.
Well I am unsure how much the emitter array will help since you wont have that many shield heals but anyway, I still say the tac console is far more helpful.
As for the turnrate, the problem is the Bug can slot those consoles too. And with a higher base turn a % increase in turn console will actually help the bug even more.

As I said the Bug is no I Win. It simply is a very good ship that is unrivaled so far and the biggest problem is the 5th tac console in my opinion. It simply has more dmg than any other escort (at least until feds get their tier 3/4 shipyards) and does not sacrifice anything for it.
Now if you look at klingon escorts its a much sadder story.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 668
# 26
08-21-2012, 04:24 PM
I think people are far overvaluing that 5th tac slot... nice but not game breaking...

Really man jump in one... and compare it to the other escorts... the turn is nice yes... but its really not much more powerful then the other escorts.

I have been known to fly in matches with pretty good bug ships... and when I fly my other escort numbers its not like there doubling my dmg... the guys I fly with that are around my skill level... do right around the same dmg. That 5th console is a light advantage... but its no where close to an IWIN.... and smart piloting trumps turn rate every time.

Is it a better escort... YES... like Tick was saying though a bit late to be complaining about it now. Its not going anywhere... and frankly ALL but one of the New level of fed escorts sport 5 tac consoles... so ya... there is no going back on that one.... Makes me wonder why the heck klink ships don't have any 5 console escort options.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 374
# 27
08-21-2012, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
like i said, and you quoted, it is categorically better then any other escort. its then up to the user to suck in it, or excel. a top tier bug user has no equal.
Better =/= iWin

Quote:
i can, and have done the same in cruisers. the bug ship deals so much damage because its so talky, and with its turn rate it basically has 100% uptime on its cannons fireing at something. other ships deal less damage because they simply cant match that up time.
Anything a bug can have 100% arc on, any other escort can do the same, to be fair.
If you're claiming a bug has 100% uptime of dhc's on another escort is poppycock, I'm sorry to say. Unless the second escort is trying very hard to suck.

Quote:
well flow bugs ruin every pub match they are a part of by haveing cruiser durability, escort damage and evasion, and bop maneuverability. they can be handled in premades, but theres certanly nothing beter to bring if you bring any escort to one
Well flown anything owns a pug match, what's your point? Chances are that player in a bug would be achieving a similar level of pwn in a fleet escort too.
Fancy an exclusive, extended 21 day trial of eve online?
Sign up (heck, it's free for almost a full month, using the link) and see what you think.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 217
# 28
08-21-2012, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot
oh HEEEEEEEEEEEEEL no. if some on gave me one, i would trash it, just so 1 less exists.
This kinda reinforces my point that people are jealous until they get one. You're telling me you wouldn't even try to sell it for half a billion ECs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot
at release they had raptor hull and fed escort shields hitpoints, which was overpowered, a normal 4 tactical consoles but also 4 engineering consoles, which was overpowered. and a BOP turn rate, which was overpowered.

it was overpowered, but it wasn't game breaking, yet. then the fleet ships came along and geko made the worst decision he ever made at his time working at cryptic, he buffed it. he buffed the hell out of it. now it has cruiser hit points and shield mod, and a 5th tac console. now its game breaking, well flow bugs ruin every pub match they are a part of by haveing cruiser durability, escort damage and evasion, and bop maneuverability. they can be handled in premades, but theres certanly nothing beter to bring if you bring any escort to one.
Thanks for the STO History lesson.

A question for you: do you plan on using the new fleet ships?

Need help with PVP? Check this thread out!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 102
# 29
08-21-2012, 05:05 PM
So its basically the same, but has ~30% better turn and an extra tac console while only being marginally better in all other stats... good thing maneuvering and damage don't make much difference for an escort.

The way I see it, flying the bug is like running p2w consoles. Like the p2w consoles, its certainly true that lockbox ship are here to stay and nothing will prevent you from using one. Just don't try and pretend they don't offer the advantages that they do or expect people not to call you out on it. There is a reason they command the prices you see them for on the exchange and its not because RPers like the looks so much.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 70
# 30
08-21-2012, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacepenguin121
The way I see it, flying the bug is like running p2w consoles. Like the p2w consoles, its certainly true that lockbox ship are here to stay and nothing will prevent you from using one. Just don't try and pretend they don't offer the advantages that they do or expect people not to call you out on it. There is a reason they command the prices you see them for on the exchange and its not because RPers like the looks so much.
I suspect that you don't have a big ship?

If it's 'certainly true that the lockbox ship are here to stay,' then why not just learn to live with the fact that some people don't have one, some people do...find a way to get rid of the Bug Ship advantages through aspects of your build...then it will be an even playing field for you
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:56 AM.