Lieutenant
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 74
# 11
08-21-2012, 04:26 PM
"this ship cant cruiser, your silly for wanting it, buying it and using it. get the fleet ktinga instead"

Drunk.....so are you saying the Ktinga is just better?I have both...please explain.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,068
# 12
08-21-2012, 06:21 PM
Here's a screenshot of how mine's setup ATM:
Fleet Tor'Kaht loadout

1) Need to replace that last green AP mag.
2) Point Defense is half the time an extra DPS button, and half the time a swatter of fighters, boarding parties, and high-yield plasma torps.
3) This is setup for both Fleet PvE and Elite STFs currently, though the Transphasic torp sometimes gets put to either Photon or Quantum (Transphasics with their recent buffs are sometime handy in STFs)
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,649
# 13
08-21-2012, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtciscoinsa View Post
"this ship cant cruiser, your silly for wanting it, buying it and using it. get the fleet ktinga instead"

Drunk.....so are you saying the Ktinga is just better?I have both...please explain.
that was kinda sarcasm, but kinda true. well i guess i should post my ktinga build too. http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...&postcount=112

if anyone is looking for build advice, the pvp form is the place to get it, just fyi.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 757
# 14
08-21-2012, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom61sto View Post
Here's a screenshot of how mine's setup ATM:
Fleet Tor'Kaht loadout
I would suggest with your main engy boff, alter it to ET1, RSP1, EPtS3 & A2SIF3. That'll provide the best survivability imo.
Having RSP3 is a bit of a waste when RSP1 has 75% the same up time and can easily fill the biggest of shields in no time at all, especially with TT1 activated at the same time.



I can't wait to get the fleet vorcha, should be a fun ship.
At this stage I'm thinking my boff layout will be like this:

TT1, APB1, CSV2/CRF2
TS1, CSV1/CRF1
ET1, Aux2Sif1, EPtS3, EWP3
EPtW1
HE1, TSS2


Although there is a temptation to go something like

TT1, APB1, CSV/CRF2
TS1, APB1
TS1, CSV/CRF1
ET1, RSP1, EPtS3, A2SIF3
EPtW1

I run with two purple conn officers and 3 purple damage control officers. So TT1 is on 15s cool down constantly and EPtS3/EPtW1 are on 31s cool downs which means I'm effectively running two copies.
Dislike the forum theme? Try THIS. Dislike the STO home page? Try THIS.
Devs, need Fleet Orion Marauder and Dacoit please! :-)

Using - Bulwark, Voth Fighter. Favs - Fleet Corsair, Mogh, Bastion, Nicor, JHEC, JAS
Some others - Orion Marauder, Chel Grett, Guramba, Risian Corvette, Risian Cruiser

Last edited by eradicator84; 08-21-2012 at 07:14 PM.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 144
# 15
08-24-2012, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eradicator84 View Post
I can't wait to get the fleet vorcha, should be a fun ship.
At this stage I'm thinking my boff layout will be like this:

TT1, APB1, CSV2/CRF2
TS1, CSV1/CRF1
ET1, Aux2Sif1, EPtS3, EWP3
EPtW1
HE1, TSS2
I run a similar setup with 2x CRF1 and ATO1.Dish out moderate damage and quite tough to kill.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 249
# 16
08-28-2012, 04:01 AM
I was at first a bit sceptic about it's survivability. But the ideas above with 3 damage control and 2 conn doffs finally convinced me to give it a try.

I bought the ship, threw disruptor cannons/turrets, a quantum torp, the usuall KHG/Borg mix and the plasmonic leach console on it.

Boffs:

TT1, THY2, CRF2
TS1, CSV1

ET1, RSP1, EP2S3, Aux2SIF3
EP2W1

HE1, TSS2

With the flick of a switch I can either have very respectable damage (really don't miss much compared to my Qin) and a massively superior tanking capability.

Did all three space STF's with it and found it very solid. It is like a space version of a battle tank. Great balance between firepower, mobility and protection.

Next thing on my to do list is definately getting all Mk XII gear for it. (And returning consoles I borrowed from other ships).
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 370
# 17
09-10-2012, 01:02 AM
This is a fun ship for me. I made it versatile so that it does good damage in any direction, great damage up front, can dispatch high yield torps, fighters, then grab agro from the escorts, and survive well.


My Boff arrangement is:

Commander: EP Weapons 1 / Rotate Shield Polarity 1 / EP Shields 3 / Aux to SIF 3

Lt. Commander: Tac Team 1 / Cannon SV 1 / Cannon RF 2

Lieutenant: Beam FAW / Beam OL 2

Lieutenant: Polarize Hull 1 / Hazard Emitters 2

Ensign: Engineering Team 1


Deflector: HG Mk XI

Engine: Borg

Shields: HG Mk XI


Front Weapons: (Disruptor) Single Cannon/Beam Array/Dual Beam/Quad Cannons*

Back Weapons: (Disruptor) 2 Turrets / 2 Beam Arrays

* All are purple non-Borg Mark XI except Quad cannons


Consoles (All Mk XI Blue):

Engineering: Point Defense* / Monotonium Plating / Tetraburnium Plating* / Plasmonic Leech

Science: Power Insulators / Assimilated Module

Tactical: Disruptor Induction Coil Mk XI Blue x 4

* Point Defense may be switched with an RCS, or a Vent Theta Radiation console as the situation requires. The Tetraburnium Console gets switched with Ablative depending on enemies.


Join Date: December 2009 - Alliance Central Command - boq botlhra'ghom

Last edited by rickpaaa; 09-10-2012 at 03:25 AM.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,649
# 18
09-10-2012, 01:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickpaaa View Post
This is a fun ship for me. I made it versatile so that it does good damage in any direction, great damage up front, can dispatch high yield torps, fighters, then grab agro from the escorts, and survive well.


My Boff arrangement is:

Commander: EP Weapons 1 / Rotate Shield Polarity 1 / EP Shields 3 / Aux to SIF 3

Lt. Commander: Tac Team 1 / Cannon SV 1 / Cannon RF 2

Lieutenant: Beam FAW / Beam OL 2

Lieutenant: Polarize Hull 1 / Hazard Emitters 2

Ensign: Engineering Team 1


Deflector: HG Mk XI

Engine: Borg

Shields: HG Mk XI


Front Weapons: (Disruptor, all Mk XI except Quads) Dual Cannon/Beam Array/Dual Beam/Quad Cannon

Back Weapons: (Disruptor, all Mk XI) 2 Turrets / 2 Beam Arrays


Consoles (All Mk XI Blue):

Engineering: Point Defense* / Monotonium Plating / Tetraburnium Plating* / Plasmonic Leech

Science: Power Insulators / Assimilated Module

Tactical: Disruptor Induction Coil Mk XI Blue x 4

* Point Defense may be switched with an RCS, or a Vent Theta Radiation console as the situation requires. The Tetraburnium Console gets switched with Ablative depending on enemies.
thats... not optimized, though your engineering stations powers are good, if you have 3 damage control doffs.

this thing is best with all DHC, 3 DHC and 1 DBB, or with 8 beams. with these setups all your weapons can be fired at once for most on target damage at all times, and you can run powerful tactical powers that apply to all weapons, or the weapon you want it to the most, like the DBB for BO.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 370
# 19
09-10-2012, 02:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
thats... not optimized, though your engineering stations powers are good, if you have 3 damage control doffs.

this thing is best with all DHC, 3 DHC and 1 DBB, or with 8 beams. with these setups all your weapons can be fired at once for most on target damage at all times, and you can run powerful tactical powers that apply to all weapons, or the weapon you want it to the most, like the DBB for BO.
Point taken, but though this ship is nimble for a cruiser, it is still a cruiser. I find my forward damage is better than most cruisers, and when I don't desire to have the enemy in my forward arc, I find that I still do good damage.

Being well speced for accuracy in trait, in skills, and with the dual cannons*, I find the smooth pew pew of cannon fire more satisfying that the blert blert stutter of dual heavys.

The main point of my setup goes beyond DPS. It involves keeping the shields going, and hull tanking when absolutely necessary. I enjoy having several means to take out fighter spam, boarding parties, and those nasty high yield plasma and tricolbalts. I am quite happy with it.

For full out DPS, I fly escorts.


------Correction: This ship doesn't use dual cannons up front. Actually I use a single cannon. I do prefer dual cannons as a rule.


Join Date: December 2009 - Alliance Central Command - boq botlhra'ghom

Last edited by rickpaaa; 09-10-2012 at 03:27 AM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 38
# 20
09-12-2012, 02:59 AM
beams :

tt1 ts2 apo1
tt1 apb1

epts1 rsp1 epts3 aux2sif3
eptw1

he1 tss2


7x spiral wave disruptors (galor)
1 x plasma torp

borg deflector
borg engine
honorguard Mk XII

3 x neutro Mk XII
1 x sifgen Mk XII

Borg module
Plasmonic leech

4 x Disruptor coils



Cannons:

tt1 crf1 apo1
tt1 crf1

epts1 rsp1 epts3 aux2sif3
eptw1

ph1 tss2

4 x DHC 4 x turret

borg deflector
omega engine (at 50power insubsystem)
honorguard shield mk 12

4 x RCS mk XII

borg module and plasmonic leech

4 x boost console for what ever energy type ure using

use 3 evasive doffs to crank up ure turn rate to about 60/63
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:30 PM.