Ensign
Is there something wrong with the Rare Borg salvage and rare borg tech drops or something? I haven't seen ANY of the tech pieces in a week, and only about 3 of the salvages during that time. Even the common tech pieces have been mysteriously absent lately. In fact, across 4 characters able to do STF's, ever since season 6 started, I haven't seen diddlysquat of anything other than EDC's.

I used to average one or the other every 5 STF's or so...now though....NOTHING at all.

WTF is up? Where they removed? Or did Cryptic nerf the drop rate to make us grind some more?

Signed.....Not a Happy Camper
Career Officer
# 2
08-21-2012, 08:54 PM
Nope still dropping.

Afraid you just having bad luck.
Captain
# 3
08-21-2012, 09:05 PM
I know the feeling. Ever since The 2800 I've seen nothing but crap.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
# 4
08-21-2012, 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
Nope still dropping.

Afraid you just having bad luck.
I doubt that...

I really do.

To me I think they nerfed the drop rates, I guess to pander to hardcore people. I don't think that is wise. I have been having the same problem a month of those STF's and nothing... So its not bad luck, they just nerfed it.
Commander
# 5
08-21-2012, 09:29 PM
Such is the (lack of) beauty of a random number generator that really isn't random.
Arawn & Ihasa
OP *is* the new balance, whether you know it or not! Gecko says so.
Season 7 - Exodus, available online. U buy nao!
http://seekingalpha.com/article/7382...-latest-update
Captain
# 6
08-21-2012, 10:09 PM
Honestly, I'm swimming in so much borg salvage that I wish you could trade it for EDCs or doffs. I've been feeding it to the vastly overpriced dilithium box store because I'm running out of room to put the stuff. I've got two XII space sets (omega and maco) on my main, and an extra maco shield for another ship- AND two more prototype shield techs sitting in the bank.

On my KDF I have 2/3rds of the XII honor guard set, and just earlier today I spent 5 rare borg shield techs on dilithium.
Ensign
# 7
08-21-2012, 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by illcadia View Post
Honestly, I'm swimming in so much borg salvage that I wish you could trade it for EDCs or doffs. I've been feeding it to the vastly overpriced dilithium box store because I'm running out of room to put the stuff. I've got two XII space sets (omega and maco) on my main, and an extra maco shield for another ship- AND two more prototype shield techs sitting in the bank.

On my KDF I have 2/3rds of the XII honor guard set, and just earlier today I spent 5 rare borg shield techs on dilithium.
Thanks for rubbing it in.

I can't even get ANY of the X set. I'm not even talking about the XI or XII sets, but the X freakin set stuff.

Put it this way, I usually get my def, eng and shield first.....well, I've gotten enough EDC's to get ALL my weapons up to X level. Yet, not one single rare OR common tech token. NOT A FREGGIN ONE.

Bad luck is one thing, but I for one do NOT believe in streaks of bad luck like this. It's pure BS and the drop rate was nerfed a LOT by Crypalled in the hopes of getting us to spend more money.

I play to have fun. Grinding is NOT fun. I do not and WILL NOT spend money on a grind game. If Crypalled thinks this will generate more income, think again, all they're gonna do is piss people off more.
Ensign
# 8
08-21-2012, 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisedallen89 View Post
I doubt that...

I really do.

To me I think they nerfed the drop rates, I guess to pander to hardcore people. I don't think that is wise. I have been having the same problem a month of those STF's and nothing... So its not bad luck, they just nerfed it.
Ya well, I've about had enough of this game as it is. This might be just enough for me to leave. From the horrible amount of bugs, glitches and constant game crashing, to a serious lack of content and anything new going straight to the C-store...well, I guess F2P type of games can shove it where the sun doesn't shine. I'll go some place else and pay my $15 a month for some actual game content.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-21-2012, 10:46 PM
I am fairly new to the game so I don't know what the rates used to be, but, in the month or so that I've been a Va, I've gotten three (3) non edc drops. 2 engine tech, 1 prototype. Total waste of time, imho. They really should fix the drop rates.
Career Officer
# 10
08-21-2012, 10:50 PM
Went through a couple months of playing STFs and did not see one tech drop from Normals - green or blue. That's when I stopped playing STO regularly. Haven't been on much since.