Starfleet Veteran
# 21
08-22-2012, 12:38 AM
Your are about 2 months late to the party. Do we really need another thread for this?
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net
Ensign
# 22
08-22-2012, 01:36 AM
I'm just curious.

Are lucky bags prohibited in Uk?

Because that is what the locked boxes are for me.
Commander
# 23
08-22-2012, 01:47 AM
i am working on something, that is autoremoving the lockboxes from inventory, stay tuned.
Career Officer
# 24
08-22-2012, 01:48 AM
I have to admit I've apreciated theses lockboxes far more.

Cryptic seem to have the balance right with the drop rate and the loot inside, although I've opened enough now to tell that the content is biased towards fleet bases (doff reward packs, fleet credit boosts, etc). I'm fine with that though, the bases need it.

If you dont like them then dont pick them up. No one is putting a gun to your head to do so.

At least the drop rate, to me at least, seems to have been reduced to an acceptable level. No more "ooh I just destroyed a plasma torpedo...poof...lockbox!"

* The loadout wheel of fortune - Round and round it goes, what it'll remove, nobody knows! *
Career Officer
# 25
08-22-2012, 01:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tebsu View Post
i am working on something, that is autoremoving the lockboxes from inventory, stay tuned.
Have you bred a tribble that eats them instead of eating your food?

* The loadout wheel of fortune - Round and round it goes, what it'll remove, nobody knows! *
Lt. Commander
# 26
08-22-2012, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiejon View Post
So apparently they aren't totally intolerable, since you seem capable of selling them to other poor suckers as you describe them. Can't cry FOUL , THESE ARE INTOLERABLE !!! , LOCKBOXES ARE THE WORST THING EVER !!! and then turn around , and use them in any way , that includes selling them for your own personal gain.

Just a little definition for you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypocrisy

Hypocrisy is the state of promoting or administering virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that one does not actually have or is guilty of violating.[1] Hypocrisy often involves the deception of others and thus can be considered a kind of lie.

But seriously, if raging about a months dead topic, on which you have no "right" of it, just your rage, makes you feel better. Go right ahead. I'll just sit over here and enjoy the game I mostly get to play for free , partially because of lockbox/key promotions.

Keep telling us how bad they are, while using them yourself.
if you were serious about all this, you wouldn't even pick them up.

Shall I link Hypocrisy again ?
Oh gee yeah....I can sell them for just enough to replicate some field rations. :|
Career Officer
# 27
08-22-2012, 09:20 AM
I much prefer the Tholian boxes over the garbage that came before.

I've never actually had anything I absolutely couldn't use in some way, shape or form out of a Tholian one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.
Career Officer
# 28
08-22-2012, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unangbangkay View Post
Sure they get dropped, but remember, and this was said by the devs themselves (I can't find the quoted post): The lockboxes do not and will not take the place of regular loot.

Lockboxes operate on their own, separate loot table that exists independent of your regular drops. You are gaining lockboxes, not losing loot.
Please don't get me wrong... I don't mind them in the least. In fact, I do like opening them on occasion and seeing what's inside. Feels like Xmas.

If I get something I don't like or need, I'll usually sell it on the exchange. I really want the DOFFs and point increases. Lobi's... eh I can take them or leave em.

Tholian ships, do not want them. Galor, Ferengi marauder, do want either.

That's just my outlook on them...
Ensign
# 29
08-22-2012, 09:41 AM
I agree with the op... Some state attorney general is going to that legal precedent on things like this, it may not be spelled out with in the law, but it falls with in the spirit of the law. Thus leading to a class action suit, further more prohibiting such marketing / sales by penalty of law. It will happen eventually.

This being said I would predict California or Arizona to look at first due to consumer complaints as intent to defraud consumers. Usually it takes only the consumers feeling of being defrauded, because it is the Sellers to spell out the terms and conditions of the sale to expressly advise consumers as to what and how they are buying, without such terms spelled out to be easily interpreted up on sale the seller may be held liable for any confusion or misunderstanding of terms of sale.

Just saying....

Last edited by palpha3clearance; 08-22-2012 at 09:51 AM.
Career Officer
# 30
08-22-2012, 09:51 AM
Not again, why is this being dragged up again now?

These boxes are the best ever and have a known reward in them, if you don't want to pay for that known reward and potentially win something much better then don't, nobody is forcing you to buy them.

In the meantime I like to buy the odd 10 pack, sit down with a coffee and a smoke and see what santa's brought me, as long as it aint more socks I'm happy.

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html
Closed Thread