Starfleet Veteran
# 11
08-21-2012, 09:52 PM
I'm not privy to the drop rates, but I've been reliably getting Rare Borg Salvage every 2 or so STFs I run (on normal).

I suppose you'd like to believe in this hardcore pandering conspiracy, and you're free to do so, but Occam's Razor would imply that you simply have crap luck.
Captain
# 12
08-21-2012, 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grethore View Post
Ya well, I've about had enough of this game as it is. This might be just enough for me to leave. From the horrible amount of bugs, glitches and constant game crashing, to a serious lack of content and anything new going straight to the C-store...well, I guess F2P type of games can shove it where the sun doesn't shine. I'll go some place else and pay my $15 a month for some actual game content.
Your not wrong. I am quite pissed and haven't logged any hours in the game in protest or bought anything from the C-Store because of it too.
Captain
# 13
08-21-2012, 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unangbangkay View Post
I'm not privy to the drop rates, but I've been reliably getting Rare Borg Salvage every 2 or so STFs I run (on normal).

I suppose you'd like to believe in this hardcore pandering conspiracy, and you're free to do so, but Occam's Razor would imply that you simply have crap luck.
That is doubt ful crap luck is hardly ever this bad. It is a loong long grind and its a waste. Because you don't get the item you need. Also Occam's Razor says the same to them nerfing the drop rates because people complained..
Captain
# 14
08-21-2012, 10:21 PM
The random number generator is just that...random. You have exactly the same chance at that rare drop the first time your run an STF or the 1000th time your run the same STF. I'd had all sorts of dry spells and monsoons in terms of drops. I've had a rare shield on one STF and a rare engine drop the very next STF I ran. I've run 119 (normal) STFs in a row and not gotten any common or rare drop. I had purchased a shield and defectors during that dry run and guess what I got on that 120 run? A rare Engine Drop. ARG!!!!! Murphy just rubbing my face in it. And on one character I've gotten engine (4) and shield (3) drops (both rare and common) but nary a deflector drop. Such is the way of the luck gods.
Empire Veteran
# 15
08-21-2012, 10:43 PM
From my point of view the drops are fine. Once or twice a week I get a proto tech drop, and often proto salvage (at least once a night).

So much so I've now stacked 4 proto deflector, 3 engine and 1 shield techs in my bank for when I get new ships to turn in for MKXII gear. Not to mention the 40 proto salvage, 30 rare salvage and 300+ EDCs I'm sitting on. I turn in any rare tech for dilithium straight away as it's useless to me otherwise.

For those complaining about not getting rare tech drops for MKXI gear, just hand in 40 EDC and get them! If you play it so much but don't have MKXI gear yet, hand in all that EDC you have for the MKXI gear. And really, the MKXI gear is 90-95% as good as the MKXII sets.
Dislike the forum theme? Try THIS. Dislike the STO home page? Try THIS.
Devs, need Fleet Orion Marauder and Dacoit please! :-)

Using - Bulwark, Voth Fighter. Favs - Fleet Corsair, Mogh, Bastion, Nicor, JHEC, JAS
Some others - Orion Marauder, Chel Grett, Guramba, Risian Corvette, Risian Cruiser
Starfleet Veteran
# 16
08-21-2012, 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisedallen89 View Post
I doubt that...

I really do.

To me I think they nerfed the drop rates, I guess to pander to hardcore people. I don't think that is wise. I have been having the same problem a month of those STF's and nothing... So its not bad luck, they just nerfed it.
Sorry to disagree, but I think it's the opposite.

Truthfully, I didn't completely my FIRST ground set until a few weeks ago, after playing the STFs since Day 1. Now all of a sudden I'm seeing drops like crazy, and once where I went through an 8 month dry spell, now I'm almost at 4 complete MK12 sets!

And usually, there is at least someone getting at least a rare set per match, when before it was like 1 out of 5 would manage to get even a rare tech item.

So I really think they did increase the drop rates significantly. That or my bad luck has finally turned to good luck.
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Coming!
Captain
# 17
08-22-2012, 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
So I really think they did increase the drop rates significantly. That or my bad luck has finally turned to good luck.
You've finally appeased the Random Number God. Tell me, what did you sacrifice?
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Starfleet Veteran
# 18
08-22-2012, 01:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
You've finally appeased the Random Number God. Tell me, what did you sacrifice?
My money?

Maybe the Lords of Cryptic have gave mercy upon me and said. "Give him Tech" and it was good. That or the drop rates really go up after 1000 STFs.
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Coming!
Captain
# 19
08-22-2012, 01:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
Maybe the Lords of Cryptic have gave mercy upon me and said. "Give him Tech" and it was good. That or the drop rates really go up after 1000 STFs.
So it took pity on you then?
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Starfleet Veteran
# 20
08-22-2012, 02:25 AM
Quote:
Also Occam's Razor says the same to them nerfing the drop rates because people complained..
Why would people complain about having high drop rates? And no, Occam's Razor points to the SIMPLEST possible explanation. What's simpler, you having crap luck dealing with a random number generator, or Cryptic having a nonsensical response to a vague forum complaint? I'd bet a few spare Borg Salvages that it's the latter.

I don't mean to be harsh, but some of these wild conspiracy theories are why gamers are basically the Tea Party of nerd-dom.