Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - Announcements and Release Notes
Login

Career Officer
# 31
08-22-2012, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
That's working as intended.
Does the Personnel Officer on the Starbase function as Ferra/Stass? Or are the random doffs bought with Fleet Credits unable to be contributed?
Starfleet Veteran
# 32
08-22-2012, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam73 View Post
If that is truly working as intended, then you guys need to seriously rethink your intentions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukedom01 View Post
I guess we see how many people this will alienate soon.
I'm guessing that is their intention. That seems to be the way this game is heading, the "lets see just how many people we can piss off as quickly as possible before STO fails and we can move all our resources over to Neverwinter" direction.
Career Officer
# 33
08-22-2012, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by farktoid5000 View Post
Which channels are people in where they can't be unmuted?
Our fleet uses a player-created chat channel as cross-faction chat. In testing some options a couple of months ago, we muted one of our officers and then unmuted him. When season 6 hit, he was immediately muted and we can do nothing about it. Tickets have been put in, but we have received no responses.
Career Officer
# 34
08-22-2012, 11:59 AM
Quote:
this idea is so stupid that its worse then 700 zen space suit.
Rihannsu
# 35
08-22-2012, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by farktoid5000 View Post
Which channels are people in where they can't be unmuted?
There has been a whole thread in the Support section for quite some time now, together with a video presenting the issue - http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=274110

Not to mention the in-game bug reports...

In my case, I'd rather not post the channel name on the forums, but this would seem to be a bigger issue. Like a person above, I cannot unmute two people. Nobody with privileges can, although all other options work just fine.
Career Officer
# 36
08-22-2012, 12:08 PM
Quote:
1) why would anyone buy doffs at the star base now? why do you envision someone will spend fleet credits on doffs that can't be used to even contribute to the star base?

2)Why should a player even develop the doff aspect on the star base if its going to be a feature laden with restrictions?

3) what method do we use to distinguish between common doffs that can be contributed to projects and common doffs that can't when making purchases off the exchange? Are we just supposed to purchase away and hope we don't end up with doffs that can't be used for our star base?

this working as intended isn't a very well thought out position to take on this system... from concept all the way to implementation.
http://www.the-bums.com
Starfleet Veteran
# 37
08-22-2012, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atatassault View Post
Does the Personnel Officer on the Starbase function as Ferra/Stass? Or are the random doffs bought with Fleet Credits unable to be contributed?
he sells random common doffs for 500 fleet creds a pop. You can buy uncommon/rare/very rare at higher base tiers. You can also unlock buying particular doff fields (sci/tac/ops).

So far, the only useful applictionI have found for this functionality has been spending fleet creds buying "random" common doffs hoping to get sensor/security officers. Bought over 800 doffs and goten 4 secutiry and 0 sensor doffs.

So already, the usefulness of this guy was questionable, but now not being able to dismiss for recruitment xp or even to use the Doffs you buy from him in fleet projects makes his presence pretty much pointless for a lot of players.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 38
08-22-2012, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by suaveks View Post
There has been a whole thread in the Support section for quite some time now, together with a video presenting the issue - http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=274110

Not to mention the in-game bug reports...

In my case, I'd rather not post the channel name on the forums, but this would seem to be a bigger issue. Like a person above, I cannot unmute two people. Nobody with privileges can, although all other options work just fine.
Fark and I just tested this on Holodeck, and everything worked fine for us, which is why we're asking for more information here.

How many people do you have in the channel? And if you don't want to post the channel name publicly, you can send it in an in-game mail to @farktoid5000.
Captain
# 39
08-22-2012, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Fark and I just tested this on Holodeck, and everything worked fine for us, which is why we're asking for more information here.

How many people do you have in the channel? And if you don't want to post the channel name publicly, you can send it in an in-game mail to @farktoid5000.
It might also be worth checking out whether the person is muted on your ignore list
Rihannsu
# 40
08-22-2012, 12:39 PM
Quote:

We've got 158 people in the channel at the moment including two with "Muted" status that cannot be changed. Although one is to remain permanent, the other was supposed to be temporary (one week) - that's when we've discovered the Unmute option does not work, although we did use it occasionally some time before without such issues.

I'll send farktoid an in-game mail with the channel name if it'll help. The rest was pretty much explained in the thread I've linked above. Thank you for looking into this.

Quote:
It might also be worth checking out whether the person is muted on your ignore list
No. If you'd read what I've said you'd know that nobody in the channel with Operator status could use the Unmute option. No ignores were given, the player was even told via PMs that this seems to be a bug with the chat.