Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - Announcements and Release Notes
Login

Commander
# 41
08-22-2012, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
Fark and I just tested this on Holodeck, and everything worked fine for us, which is why we're asking for more information here.

How many people do you have in the channel? And if you don't want to post the channel name publicly, you can send it in an in-game mail to @farktoid5000.
OrganizedPvP has the same problem. Once a person is muted, they cannot be unmuted. Opvp has over 2000 channel members, and the problem has had to be resolved by filing ingame tickets by the muted persons and channel admins.
Arawn & Ihasa
OP *is* the new balance, whether you know it or not! Gecko says so.
Season 7 - Exodus, available online. U buy nao!
http://seekingalpha.com/article/7382...-latest-update
Cryptic Studios Team
# 42
08-22-2012, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepleasuredome View Post
OrganizedPvP has the same problem. Once a person is muted, they cannot be unmuted. Opvp has over 2000 channel members, and the problem has had to be resolved by filing ingame tickets by the muted persons and channel admins.
Does it seem like this problem only manifests if the player is muted for an extended period of time?
Commander
# 43
08-22-2012, 01:10 PM
Quote:
That's working as intended.
So it is indented that these non contributable DOffs can be placed on the exchange? Now that the exchange has also been taken away as a place to find DOffs where are fleets supposed to get the DOffs necessary to fill projects at a decent rate?

Lets say someone is in a fleet of 25 people. If each of them did their SFA recruitment missions every 4 days they may average out to 4-5 DOffs of each profession (Eng, Sci, Tac) every 4 days. That's 100-125 for the entire fleet. That leaves them 25-31 per day fleet wide of the single profession.

My fleet is currently working on T3 Military experience which to do just the two 500xp projects each day will require 50 tac or security DOffs.

So I ask again; Where or we intended to get the DOffs for our projects?
Starfleet Veteran
# 44
08-22-2012, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Does it seem like this problem only manifests if the player is muted for an extended period of time?
A better question would be "Does it seem like this problem is larger or smaller than the problem we are about to introduce tomorrow when Fleet vendor DOFFs will no longer be usable on fleet projects AND have no visual identification to keep you from buying their useless a**es on the exchange. Oh, and you won't be able to dismss them for recruitment xp, either...."

But hey, my priority questions are obviously not everybodies priority questions. I'll just go ahead and unpack the asbestos undies tonight for when the forum bursts into flames tomorrow. Its gonna be a fun show.
Career Officer
# 45
08-22-2012, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam73 View Post
A better question would be "Does it seem like this problem is larger or smaller than the problem we are about to introduce tomorrow when Fleet vendor DOFFs will no longer be usable on fleet projects AND have no visual identification to keep you from buying their useless a**es on the exchange. Oh, and you won't be able to dismss them for recruitment xp, either...."

But hey, my priority questions are obviously not everybodies priority questions. I'll just go ahead and unpack the asbestos undies tonight for when the forum bursts into flames tomorrow. Its gonna be a fun show.
agreed something needs to be done with exploiting the exchange
tier 3 mill need assault squad 200000 huh for white no exploit there huh
Starfleet Veteran
# 46
08-22-2012, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean2448 View Post
agreed something needs to be done with exploiting the exchange
tier 3 mill need assault squad 200000 huh for white no exploit there huh
I think the devs should maybe look at the exchange DOFFS. There is a massive indicator that their economy has fundamental flaws with doff availabilty in certain regards.

Economic Protip: If a "common" item is listed on the exchange at 4x or 5x the price of a matching "uncommon" or "rare" item, then the common item isn't as common as you think it is.

That, or you don't know what the words "common," "uncommon," and "rare" actually mean.
Captain
# 47
08-22-2012, 01:44 PM
All I can say is that when they do the update on holodeck they better put a tag or something to the new doff packs when they are unpacked to identify them as non-contributing doff/starbase doff

If they don't the exhange will turn into a warzone/deadzone - and the same goes for all the ones that are already unpacked and on the exchange - they should be left as is - or again it will be the biggest mess that I could ever have seen on this game

They will have to institute some way so that when you buy a pack and then unpack it - some marker is attached to the doff at the time of unpacking
Career Officer
# 48
08-22-2012, 01:53 PM
Quote:

Oh really, so it's working as intended that we can buy DOFFs on the Exchange and they can't be contributed to Fleet Projects? I don't know about you, but this intention seems wrong to me, at least without any notification or warning.

It's not hard to see the upcomming (and somewhat understandable) outcry about this. I'm not sure if the good old argument about paying attention to what you buy fits here, since this is basically a completely new mechanic.
-----------------------
decker999
Lieutenant
# 49
08-22-2012, 01:56 PM
Quote:
How can that be? First off I see no harm in allowing the doffs to be used in fleet projects. Second by allowing these things on the exchange you are going to destroy the doff market unless you include a sort button for doffs that look like they should work but won't.
Lt. Commander
# 50
08-22-2012, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Nope, but here is yet another stupid idea from me. Maybe we cannot unmute because we use our pwe linked accounts?

edit: unlinked cryptic account wasn't able to unmute in accolades either -.-

Last edited by dukedom01; 08-22-2012 at 02:16 PM.