Community Moderator
# 851
08-22-2012, 01:44 PM
Todays was a blood boiler. One player who was AFK and, when I decided out of annoyance to agro a cube and bring it to him,he decided to fly to the far side of the map and just run from the Borg, not firing a single shot.

The other was a player who took part but (in an Elite STF) turned around to ask 'so what am I meant to be doing?' five minutes in, when asked if he'd not tried the normal version to learn first, he replied 'No, I never saw the need, lesser rewards'...

Not the most unsuccessful earlier, but certainly infuriating.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Career Officer
# 852
08-22-2012, 07:04 PM
Ugh, was just in a match with a group of useless morons who couldn't do any damage.

One moron kept shooting at gens while it was being regened over and over.

I kept telling them what to do, but they seemed to not care.

The worst thing about not having to make teams anymore is how the barrier for entry is too low now. There's way too many morons who show up without a clue.

Most of them don't even re-balance shields. You almost always have to throw them a TacTeam too, or else the shield heals to go waste.

Too bad the PvE in this game is such a joke for leveling and teaches you nothing about the game.

If it did, we wouldn't get these helpless morons in the queues.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Captain
# 853
08-23-2012, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobar26th View Post
Todays was a blood boiler. One player who was AFK and, when I decided out of annoyance to agro a cube and bring it to him,he decided to fly to the far side of the map and just run from the Borg, not firing a single shot.

The other was a player who took part but (in an Elite STF) turned around to ask 'so what am I meant to be doing?' five minutes in, when asked if he'd not tried the normal version to learn first, he replied 'No, I never saw the need, lesser rewards'...

Not the most unsuccessful earlier, but certainly infuriating.
...wow...lol...just wow...I can't think of words to talk about this...
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
The Forgotten Battle - a new Foundry mission
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my foundry missions! :-)
Career Officer
# 854
08-23-2012, 02:31 PM
When I pug STF's these days... I find that most people know what they're doing and I hardly have any problems. That's probably because most people are into fleet marks these days and the only ones in STF's are the people who know what they're doing.

But there's always one STF I find that people consistently mess up.

Cure Space Elite.

The mistakes are consistent too.

Players, in their attempt to destroy the probes, tend to ignore the birds of prey that slip through and gangbeat on the IKS Kang. That leaves me trying to scramble to stop whatever BoPs slipped through and type at the people to remind them that they're responsible for their own side's BoP's. Can't be everywhere at once!

Then there's the people who blow the first cube way too early, before all the probes are cleared.

I tell them to kill the probes first, then move onto the next set of probes.

But someone always stays behind and blazes away at the cube (and sometimes even ignores the BoPs that pass by.

So I tell them to kill the cube later and go kill more probes, or else we'll be swamped in Raptors and we'll take three times as long (if the Raptor tsunami doesn't whack the Kang first).

Yet they still blaze away.

I warn them again. 'Ok, cube is at 10%, leave it alone or you'll doom us all!'.

I go back to destroying probes and hope I don't see that inevitable flash on the screen that comes from a detonated Borg cube.

But more often than not it comes... and it's an 'Oh hell!' kind of moment as I scramble to position myself to Eject Warp Plasma onto the nearest Raptor wave that's spawned.

If we're lucky and we respond quickly, we can stop the raptors before they turn the Kang into atomized dust, but it's a hard grind to deal with raptor swarms and probes at the same time.

And I'd sooner deal with Negh'var swarms. There's only one at a time and they're slower.

Also, I notice that the premature borg cube detonators also tend to not know how to deal with an oncoming raptor swarm. There were many times when my constant warp plasma farting and heavy damage wasn't enough. I prayed for someone to lob a gravity well or at least throw a tac team on the Kang while my abilities were on cooldown... only to be let down.

So yeah... that's my STF fail story of the day.
Commander
# 855
08-23-2012, 04:11 PM
the bigest prob in cure space is what happens perm .

a player flys solo to probes under behind the cube so no way to stop any bop+dps probes then they kill probe 2, a raptor+nev gar ship spawns then they run away.

let all this pets cross the map and kill random players what not notice that anyone aktivate them and let them fly free.

so it happens very easy a raptor come from behind you what you can not see and kills you......

if anyone decide to clean probes solo one one side afther he have aktivates raptor+battleship he have to kill them first befor countinue probe cleaning.
Commander
# 856
08-23-2012, 07:01 PM
eh, i quit stfing a few days ago, but this moron on the 'gate stf's' thread is driving me nuts with his flawed logic...
When in doubt, (hehe) c4!
This sig dedicated to the many random objects the Mythbusters crew has blow to smitherines
Ensign
try to sell a 2000 cxp bonus pool for less than 400000ec and it will not show up for sale...items cannot be sold if you can not find them.......why can you people break something and not fix it. Fleet modules under all, bogus search result, under data sample is more accurate.....but wtf is wrong with the bonus pool search no tab dunction will show my items up for sale at 399995. this is fraud.....and the #1 reason why this gold member is seriously thinking of spending my real $$$ somewhere else!!!!!!!
Empire Veteran
# 858
08-24-2012, 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by onenonlydrock View Post

Then there's the people who blow the first cube way too early, before all the probes are cleared.

I tell them to kill the probes first, then move onto the next set of probes.
there is an alternate way that work very good and people often ignore (and and talk about noobs without even thinking).

one defend the kang (if necessary 2 player) all the others destroy the generators of the first (usually the right) cube. While destroying the probes is important to destroy immediatelly every ship that spawn from that cube (so you help the one defending the kang).

then destroy the generators of the central cube (remember to destroy immediately all ships that spawn from that cube, the one defending the kang now have to defend only from left and right).

than is better to destroy the first cube and immediatelly attack the raptor that spawn from the other cubes (it is not difficult, they stay grouped).

destroy the second cube before other raptors spawn... again it is not so difficult: 2 players are enough so think about how fast 4 players can be while the 5th defend from the left cube).

Now the neghvars: they are slow and stay grouped and all of the 5 players can concentrate on them... destroy them (3 players are enough so 2 can start destroying the nanite generators), destroy the nanite generators an d then the cube. While attacking the last cube one player can go back to hail the kang as soon as possible.

In my experience this tactic work very well even with a casual team, It is difficult to fail the optional and very difficult to fail the mission... unless palyers have a very low dps (and you know cure elite is DPS oriented).

Last edited by eurialo; 08-24-2012 at 01:50 AM.
Captain
# 859
08-24-2012, 01:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by inthebatcave2003 View Post
try to sell a 2000 cxp bonus pool for less than 400000ec and it will not show up for sale...items cannot be sold if you can not find them.......why can you people break something and not fix it. Fleet modules under all, bogus search result, under data sample is more accurate.....but wtf is wrong with the bonus pool search no tab dunction will show my items up for sale at 399995. this is fraud.....and the #1 reason why this gold member is seriously thinking of spending my real $$$ somewhere else!!!!!!!
... umm... wrong thread?

The Exchange is buggy as hell, but there are ways to work around some of the problems.

What you're seeing is it timing out when searching for a particular set of criteria, and only returning the results it found that matched that criteria before it timed out. (It tends to return the OLDEST items posted and doesn't seem to cope well with large numbers of results either)

Reduce the search criteria, and you'll get slightly better results. Example: limit your rarity when searching for stuff that doesn't have its own tab - the bonus pool powerups are typically under "Rare" or "Very Rare". You can also set the level range when searching for items.

[ <<<--- @Maelwys --->>> ]
Commander
# 860
08-24-2012, 03:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by onenonlydrock View Post
I warn them again. 'Ok, cube is at 10%, leave it alone or you'll doom us all!'.
My worst STF? Any CSE with someone like him/her.
Terrible player with delusions of grandeur: can't kill a Raptor but makes grand claims about how an efficient strategy will "doom" the run.