Ensign
# 1 The 'Great Free Zen' scam
08-22-2012, 02:12 PM
Hello,

I am certain that I am not the only person in this situation. I see the 'Do you like free ZEN?' banner and of course I want free Zen! Who does not?! So, I click the banner and click on the first few watch-a-video links that give you 3 Zen. Okay, 3 free Zen is better than NO free Zen, yes? Of course it is! So, I decide to try the other larger Zen deals that give you 60+ Zen for doing surveys, or the other's where you are to submit your information to get the free Zen. After completing several of this, and spending around 45 minutes doing so, I check my Zen on my account and the only Zen there is the Zen earned from watching those videos.

I have given away my information, will inevitably receive HUNDREDS of spam mail, and wasted my time for absolutely nothing. I am forlorn that this company would be associated with such scrupulous business practices, and I will NOT be spending money on ANY services under this business. I consider the hundreds of dollars spent on this game as a lesson learned and will not be spending another dime on this game.
Ensign
# 2 Sorry!
08-22-2012, 02:15 PM
I'm sorry! I went off on my rant and I totally forgot to ask my question! I wanted to know if anybody out there actually received their larger quantities of Zen? Thank you.
Captain
# 3
08-22-2012, 02:17 PM
I'll just copy/paste what I posted in another thread:

Quote:
I've done 10 Surveys and been paid on 6 of them. Some of the Surveys are sneaky, though. They have questions hidden within them like: "If you're reading this question check box 3." It's designed to make people read all of the questions and not just spam-bot them. If you get that answer incorrect you don't get paid. Many of them also have timers - they how long it takes to go through and answer the questions and if someone does them too quickly it's assumed they didn't read, they just picked random answers. If you do it too quickly, again, you won't get paid. The Surveyors aren't stupid. If they're going to pay PW they want to know they're getting real data.

The best chance to collect on a Survey is to really think about what they're wanting to know as you take it - and don't pick Surveys you have no interest in. If you're not into shoes don't pick a shoe Survey. They odd are very good you won't get paid for it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-22-2012, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wraenia View Post
I have given away my information, will inevitably receive HUNDREDS of spam mail, and wasted my time for absolutely nothing.
That's why I have a separate e-mail adress, the spam arrives keeps comming and I never have to see it. (sometimes I do look and it's almost over 2000!!!)
And about wasting time, there's nothing you can do about that except for not doing these surveys.

(Or a pig)

Sorry if my English is bad.
Captain
# 5
08-22-2012, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goedzooi View Post
That's why I have a separate e-mail adress, the spam arrives keeps comming and I never have to see it. (sometimes I do look and it's almost over 2000!!!)
And about wasting time, there's nothing you can do about that except for not doing these surveys.
On the other hand, I have done 10 Surveys, and checking my email account and spam folder right now, see a total of 1 email that is spam - and that constitutes about 2 weeks of time since I started doing the Surveys.
Ensign
# 6
08-22-2012, 02:21 PM
Unfortunately, a lot of these "Free" deals are in fact scams. As long as they give you a single Zen, they are in compliance. And they know that no one will do anything about them reneging on any adidtional zen so they feel free to simply not pay up. If they stiffed you, they are probably crooks.

Personally, I recommend avoiding those banners. At the least, they will sell you personal info all over the web. At worst, you could become a victim of identity theft. I am guessing that most people's time is worth move than a few dollars.
Captain
# 7
08-22-2012, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kassad2 View Post
Personally, I recommend avoiding those banners. At the least, they will sell you personal info all over the web. At worst, you could become a victim of identity theft. I am guessing that most people's time is worth move than a few dollars.
What personal information are you giving? I've never had to give more then my Age, Sex, Email, and State I lived in to take a Survey.

Of course that doesn't include Netflix - they like a lot of info - but I didn't qualify for that as I was already a member.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-22-2012, 03:24 PM
Why do you insist on honeycombing a blatant rip-off? Yes I've clicked on these, yes they asked for more then the information you listed there. I've been asked for everything from address to phone numbers when I investigated these affiliate surveys. The answer is conclusive: DON'T FILL THE DAMNED THINGS IN!

AdBlock FTW. Don't have to put up with the crap any longer.
Ensign
# 9 I see!
08-22-2012, 05:06 PM
I see now! Thank you all for your replies. I never considered that there were 'bots' that could automate this process thereby 'cheating'. I did in fact read everything the first few deals before becoming frustrated and skimming through them... So I technically was at fault for the rest of them I suppose, but that does not account for the 3-5 that I did take my time to complete and not get any Zen. I will just leave this entire feature alone and not spend any more money on this game, because I do believe that it is set up to scam you. Speaking of which, I had the insurance agent call me for a quote... No Zen for that. Mhmm
Ensign