Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 314
# 1 Fleet DOffs not contributable
08-22-2012, 12:53 AM
DOffs acquired from the Fleet Store at the personnel officer are not able to be contributed to fleet projects. Iv submitted a ticket ID #28,916.

Update

They can be posted on the exchange and still wont contribute after being bought.

Last edited by kalani2; 08-22-2012 at 01:02 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 803
# 2
08-22-2012, 02:22 AM
Noticed this too, Fed and KDF
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,027
# 3
08-22-2012, 12:37 PM
Response from Zero is that this is 'working as intended'. It's on the dev tracker.
Was named Trek17, but still an author.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh'.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 891
# 4
08-22-2012, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
Response from Zero is that this is 'working as intended'. It's on the dev tracker.
I wonder what exactly their intents are if this really really bad idea is really working as intended.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 314
# 5
08-22-2012, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
Response from Zero is that this is 'working as intended'. It's on the dev tracker.
If this is as intended then they intended to ship small fleets up the creek because they can no longer get DOffs for projects from the exchange either.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,016
# 6
08-22-2012, 01:48 PM
I think not being able to contribute the doffs is a bad idea. I can understand not allowing them to be dismissed for dilithium, but why the limit on starbase contribution?
_____________________
Come join the 44th Fleet.
startrek.44thfleet.com
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 891
# 7
08-22-2012, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by latinumbar View Post
I think not being able to contribute the doffs is a bad idea. I can understand not allowing them to be dismissed for dilithium, but why the limit on starbase contribution?
I can see not granting the dilithium, but why no recruitment cxp? Notlike recruitment cxp is wildly available compared to development/science/engineering, right?

And really, why not grant the dilithium? Doesn't change the fact you can only process 8,000 ore a day anyway.

And the not being able to be contributed to fleet projects WHILE SIMULTANEOUSLY still being tradable and undistiguishable from other DOFFs on the exchange is completely and totally stupid.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 75
# 8
08-22-2012, 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam73 View Post
And the not being able to be contributed to fleet projects WHILE SIMULTANEOUSLY still being tradable and undistiguishable from other DOFFs on the exchange is completely and totally stupid.

Added formatting for emphasis.

I can explain in more detail why this makes the common doff singles on the starbase completely redundant, frivolous, wasteful, meaningless, and several other things.

If the devs, or the company in general thinks this is working as intended then they should explain just exactly what the heck the intent was for making common doff singles available through the fleet system. They made doffs into a psuedo currency and now you can buy a form of that currency but you can't use that currency without first going back to the academy and mucking about with them to get all of them reassigned. That is assuming you can even use those officers for the personnel exchange submissions.

THAT IS A TERRIBLE DESIGN DECISION! I don't want them to defend the decision, I want them to explain the intent behind this change though. I mean, unless it was something like "We just wanted to confuse and frustrate a good portion of our userbase by doing this" then I don't understand exactly what their intent could possibly be.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 353
# 9
08-22-2012, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam73 View Post
I can see not granting the dilithium, but why no recruitment cxp? Notlike recruitment cxp is wildly available compared to development/science/engineering, right?

And really, why not grant the dilithium? Doesn't change the fact you can only process 8,000 ore a day anyway.

And the not being able to be contributed to fleet projects WHILE SIMULTANEOUSLY still being tradable and undistiguishable from other DOFFs on the exchange is completely and totally stupid.
Yea it like, completely messes up the entire DOFF market, because now if you buy one off the exchange you don't even know if it's something you can contribute, sooo... it makes it near useless to buy 'em. If they were distinguishable SOMEHOW.. then MAYBE it would make a little lick of sense, but IIRC, didn't the fleet DOFF store show up BECAUSE people were complaining about having a hard time getting their contributions for DOFFS (*COUGH sensors officers *COUGH)
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 314
# 10
08-22-2012, 06:57 PM
And the patch goes to holodeck anyway even though nothing in it is worth the chaos its going to cause.

I can warn all my fleet mates in every way imaginable but I can also guarantee someone will miss the warnings and buy these DOffs off the exchange any way.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:50 PM.