Starfleet Veteran
# 11
08-22-2012, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalani2 View Post
And the patch goes to holodeck anyway even though nothing in it is worth the chaos its going to cause.

I can warn all my fleet mates in every way imaginable but I can also guarantee someone will miss the warnings and buy these DOffs off the exchange any way.
I'm going to spend a million fleet credits tonight and dismiss all the doffs I buy with them just to have a massive unrefined ore stash as my personal protest to this shockingly bad, bad idea.

Its going to suck for me because the stupid buy GUI requires a click and two enter key strokes to buy just 1 doff...but eh, its worth it.

Sticking it to the man while simultaneously sticking it to myself. Only Cryptic could do something so stupid as to make this seem like a good use of my time.
Career Officer
# 12
08-22-2012, 06:20 PM
i dont see this listed on the holodeck patch notes.
Starfleet Veteran
# 13
08-22-2012, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716maikai View Post
i dont see this listed on the holodeck patch notes.
You won't see it listed on the Tribble patch notes either, but it still happened.

And when it was bug reported, Zero said not a bug - working as intended.

D'oh.
Commander
# 14
08-22-2012, 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam73 View Post
You won't see it listed on the Tribble patch notes either, but it still happened.

And when it was bug reported, Zero said not a bug - working as intended.

D'oh.
Yep.. another one of these "stealth" updates.
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-23-2012, 02:55 AM
Sometimes I wonder how this game ever got any players to begin with. Then I realize I'm playing it too, and want to cry...
If ARC becomes mandatory, I'll never buy ZEN again.
Lieutenant
# 16
08-23-2012, 03:21 AM
The white doffs are generally good for 4 things:
1) Filling your doff roster for the very first time
2) Dismissing them for dilithium and Recruitment XP
3) Using them for contributions in the starbase.
4) Using them to get higher tier doffs

Now after the patch the fleet doffs would not be useful for 2 out of those 4 things.
Now that makes them pretty much useless.
I can understand Blues and Purples, and up to a point Greens, but White Doffs that can't be contributed are plain useless.

I haven't checked if they can be used in the grinder, but if they can, their only possible usage is to give 5 for a green and then get back 3 from the very same green.

I would also want to hear an explanation to what is intended to accomplish with those new doffs. (Even though the most probable answer is the one we fear most: Just for the starbase to have some fluff and something for us to spend our money on)
Captain
# 17
08-30-2012, 10:04 PM
Hmm, could these fleet doffs be a simple way of getting purple doffs? Those are hard to get and purple doffs cost a fortune at the exchange.