Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Career Officer
To mirror the Best STF and Worst STF experience threads respectively, I thought it might be interesting to have a similar thread pertaining to the (new) Fleet Missions/Actions.

So I'll start!

Best (so far):
Played Starbase Incursion at lunchtime today (BST) and wound up in a team of experienced players. We took down 24 saboteurs in the first wave, killed all four saboteurs in the second wave and managed to kill the Captain in the third wave. Healthy amount of Fleet Marks obtained as a result and all agreed that it had been easily the best ground Fleet action we'd played.

Worst (so far):
A few days back I beamed in to find myself with a group of dunderheads, one of whom was quite happy for me to heal him whenever he was killed (which was quite frequently) yet had no inclination to do the same for me when I was shot down trying to revive him. Anyway, we got the Gorn - only about eight saboteurs killed in wave one, only one saboteur killed in wave two (without meaning to sound arrogant, most of the team were apparently stuck in respawn oblivion for most of wave two and I was the one who managed to make the single kill) and goes without saying that the Captain may as well have pointed at us and laughed as we were never going to get anywhere near him.

Another bad example: Colony Invasion; another group of Dunderheads who ignored all of the optionals - seriously, whilst they did at least shoot at the first Hirgoen trying to download the data, they ran past dying colonists, ignored diplomats right to the end, leaving me to fight the Mugato alone (and I didn?t quite manage to kill it before the mission ended either).

And space: Can't think of a 'best' so far, as it seems like the only real achievement is keeping the starbase you're supposed to protect in one piece (or rescuing a decent number of freighters), but certainly in Blockade, I've had instances where very few freighters have been rescued.

And to be honest, most instances of Fleet Defence I have played have felt like Pyrrhic victories since the end result is often a Starbase with 0% integrity and all/almost all outlying facilities sabotaged.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY

Last edited by reyan01; 08-23-2012 at 07:04 AM.