Ensign
Does the Efficient Captain (and Efficient Boff and Efficient skills) get calculated before ship/equipment bonuses?

I.e. supposed I have enough Engine Efficiency to give me +5 at 25 power. But I have equipped a module that gives me +5 engine power. Would my total engine power be 25 + 5 from efficiency + 5 from the module, or would it be 25 + 3ish from efficiency (due to actually having 30 engine power before the calculation) + 5 from the module?
Empire Veteran
# 2
08-21-2012, 11:04 PM
Pretty sure all power efficiency bonuses work from the base power setting, so if you have engine power set at 25 and you get +5 with efficiencies, and you then add a console to give +5 power to engines, your total will be 35 for engine. Not 30 plus your efficiency bonus.

FYI a subsystem set at 25 base power setting, with max efficiency skilled boosts power up to 50, even more I think for engines if you have "efficient at low power" ones equipped.
Dislike the forum theme? Try THIS. Dislike the STO home page? Try THIS.
Devs, need Fleet Orion Marauder and Dacoit please! :-)

Using - Bulwark, Voth Fighter. Favs - Fleet Corsair, Mogh, Bastion, Nicor, JHEC, JAS
Some others - Orion Marauder, Chel Grett, Guramba, Risian Corvette, Risian Cruiser
Ensign
# 3
08-22-2012, 07:44 AM
OK, thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by eradicator84 View Post
FYI a subsystem set at 25 base power setting, with max efficiency skilled boosts power up to 50, even more I think for engines if you have "efficient at low power" ones equipped.
25 extra power? Are you sure about that?

I could swear I read somewhere that if you max out an efficiency skill it gives you a total of about +9 power at 25 with all 9 ranks trained. Even with captain/boff skills you'd only get that up to like 15 max.

Did I misread that?
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
08-22-2012, 09:24 AM
I have my engine power set to 25 base power, but its effective power level is just barely over 50. I have the following bonuses:

Joined Trill w/ Warp Theorist Trait
Warp Core Efficiency rank 9
Warp Core Potential rank 9
5 efficient Bridge Officers
Assimilated Engine

http://www.bobthegamer.com/
^ You can download a ship power level calculator here. Make sure you can open Excel spreadsheets though.
Empire Veteran
# 5
08-22-2012, 09:06 PM
With warp theorist captain and efficient captain traits, Warp core potential and efficiency at 9, sub system performance skills at 6 and with KHG engines (bonus efficiency except to engines) my Aux level is 54 I think off the top of my head (from a power setting of 25).

I'll have to double check the exact level but it's over 50, that's before leech is introduced.

Could go higher if I had efficient Boffs slotted
Dislike the forum theme? Try THIS. Dislike the STO home page? Try THIS.
Devs, need Fleet Orion Marauder and Dacoit please! :-)

Using - Bulwark, Voth Fighter. Favs - Fleet Corsair, Mogh, Bastion, Nicor, JHEC, JAS
Some others - Orion Marauder, Chel Grett, Guramba, Risian Corvette, Risian Cruiser
Ensign
# 6
08-23-2012, 08:34 AM
Interesting. Thanks for the replies everybody