Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Duty Officer System
Login

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 891
# 21
08-23-2012, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abcde123123 View Post
You are forgetting thou that doffs that you get from basic recruitment packs are TOTALLY RANDOM. For all I know (and this is actual experience) you can get 5 white civilians out of a doff pack.

Ah screw the actual experience, let's use the exchange to tell us what's available in the game in large quantities. Average price on usual white doffs 50k. Security doffs go for 200k, that's 4 times as much. And bartenders go for 18k.

Now we can say that many fleets are building the military T2 60 security + 60 tacticals per projects so we can drop the factor to 3 to account for that. Now we can tell that security doffs are yeilded in game 3 times as less as all the rest of the doffs.

And I don't even mention that advanced fleet weapons suck and suddenly elite fleet weapons have dissapeared from the fleet description pages. So I'm curious when elite fleet weapons are available?
Yeah, the more I think about this whole situation, the more insane it seems. Cryptic really failed to think thru a lot of things related to starbase projects and DOFFs and how they interact.

I think it will come down to a point where they are either going to have to leave things with the fleet DOFF vendor they way they have been (while adding in sensor doffs to the possible pool of doffs - currently you can't get a sensor doff, even thou the drop is supposed to be random..?) or they are going to have to start selling c-store packs of specific officers, like a 5 pack of common security for 500 zen as an example.

Just looking at exchange prices for supposedly common doffs (being 3x, 4x more expensive then the same doff in rare) tells me they weren't thinking ahead.

Another solution would be to make the project inputs not skill-specific. Instead of 30 sensor officer commons, make it just 30 science branch officers. They could even double the number of required DOFFs and people would still be ok with it because it would be a lot less tedious to get 60 science officers than to hunt, farm, buy, beg for 30 common sensor DOFFs.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 197
# 22
08-23-2012, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam73 View Post
Yeah, the more I think about this whole situation, the more insane it seems. Cryptic really failed to think thru a lot of things related to starbase projects and DOFFs and how they interact.

I think it will come down to a point where they are either going to have to leave things with the fleet DOFF vendor they way they have been (while adding in sensor doffs to the possible pool of doffs - currently you can't get a sensor doff, even thou the drop is supposed to be random..?) or they are going to have to start selling c-store packs of specific officers, like a 5 pack of common security for 500 zen as an example.

Just looking at exchange prices for supposedly common doffs (being 3x, 4x more expensive then the same doff in rare) tells me they weren't thinking ahead.

Another solution would be to make the project inputs not skill-specific. Instead of 30 sensor officer commons, make it just 30 science branch officers. They could even double the number of required DOFFs and people would still be ok with it because it would be a lot less tedious to get 60 science officers than to hunt, farm, buy, beg for 30 common sensor DOFFs.
Agreed! I like your ideas.

Another suggestion....we should be able to use bound doff's regardless of method obtained.
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 426
I really think this needs to be done. With Fleet duty officers available on the exchange, there's no way to tell which ones are "normal" and which ones are Fleet. The Fleet duty officers need their own category or an additional tag so that you can tell before spending energy credits on them whether they're Fleet duty officers or not.

This is especially important for those of us buying these DOFFs in order to contribute to our fleet's starbase. Because you can't tell the difference, you buy them, expect to be able to use them, and then find out you can't donate them at all. If Fleet duty officers cannot be used for projects, then they need to be designated on the exchange.

Please give us a way to tell looking at a duty officer on the exchange whether they're a Fleet DOFF or not.
Demons run when a good man goes to war.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 648
# 24
08-23-2012, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baudl View Post
whaaaaat? i just yesterday bought 40 fleet doffs and 7 i put into a SB project...you better check that before you distribute missinformation.

the only downside, when purchasing them is, that they are either random tactical or security...or operations and engineers and so on.

eventually after filling up my doff roster with the once i couldn't contribute, i go to the acadamy and get greens, which i downgrade again...until the SB assignements are filled or i have no fleet credits left to buy fleet doffs.

don't give me "thats impossible", because i did it yesterday and nearly filled 3 sepperate assignments with doffs worth approximately 130k fleet credits from sepperate toons.


PS: it seems military boxes favour tactical doffs...in a 7 to 3 ratio...but thats just subjective observation


PPS: one box with one white cost me 500 fleet credits...it's the completely random box. However the class specific cost 750 fleet credits and have a 50-50 chance (presumably) to drop either a tactical or a security for a military box.
I do the exact same thing everyday if I don't have the officers. My partner and I have our own starbase and about 13 alts. I basically do the duty officer recruitments and then when I don't have enough I do fleet doffs... sell what I don't need or upgrade to green and back down. It only costs time really.. .the dil is negligible. You can even get the dil right in the same place from Viala and the lore mission. I don't bother with the speicifc boxes I just do the 500 FC generic... I've gotten security officers I sell and then buy armory officers etc or I get sensors officers which I don'y use and sell for 500k and buy the officers I need... I am never held up by duty officers on projects.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 47
# 25
08-23-2012, 09:50 AM
Confirmed on holodeck. These things can't be used in projects and can be sold on the exchange where they look like useable doffs.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 271
# 26
08-23-2012, 09:50 AM
Why do you think it need's to be done with them?
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,573
# 27
08-23-2012, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by velktra View Post
I really think this needs to be done. With Fleet duty officers available on the exchange, there's no way to tell which ones are "normal" and which ones are Fleet. The Fleet duty officers need their own category or an additional tag so that you can tell before spending energy credits on them whether they're Fleet duty officers or not.

This is especially important for those of us buying these DOFFs in order to contribute to our fleet's starbase. Because you can't tell the difference, you buy them, expect to be able to use them, and then find out you can't donate them at all. If Fleet duty officers cannot be used for projects, then they need to be designated on the exchange.

Please give us a way to tell looking at a duty officer on the exchange whether they're a Fleet DOFF or not.
Agreed - as long as it's a fact that we CAN'T contribute Fleet Doffs to Starbase Projects (and IMO as long as they cost more FC for the player who buys them on his Fleet's Starbase then that same player would get to contributing them to a Fleet Project, I don't see an exploit issue); PLAYERS NEED a way to discern regular contributable doffs from Fleet doffs, so they can make an informed decision when purchasing Doffs from the EC Exchange.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 891
# 28
08-23-2012, 10:00 AM
Or they could just un-do this stupid solution-in-search-of-a-problem and let the damn fleet doff's work in projects. Just sayin.

But, as we have all heard by now, this is working as intended.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 197
# 29
08-23-2012, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainbrown2 View Post
Confirmed on holodeck. These things can't be used in projects and can be sold on the exchange where they look like useable doffs.
Wow.... as Spock would say "not logical"
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 64
# 30
08-23-2012, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainbrown2 View Post
Confirmed on holodeck. These things can't be used in projects and can be sold on the exchange where they look like useable doffs.
Massive fail.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:24 AM.