# 31
08-23-2012, 10:07 AM
Just in case you haven't heard by now, these are "working as intended"
Starfleet Veteran
# 32
08-23-2012, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefl View Post
I do the exact same thing everyday if I don't have the officers. My partner and I have our own starbase and about 13 alts. I basically do the duty officer recruitments and then when I don't have enough I do fleet doffs... sell what I don't need or upgrade to green and back down. It only costs time really.. .the dil is negligible. You can even get the dil right in the same place from Viala and the lore mission. I don't bother with the speicifc boxes I just do the 500 FC generic... I've gotten security officers I sell and then buy armory officers etc or I get sensors officers which I don'y use and sell for 500k and buy the officers I need... I am never held up by duty officers on projects.

Well, congrats - you just got some time freed up on your daily schedule because you won't be doing that buy-fleet-doffs-use-them-or-sell-them thing anymore.

And before you ask - yes, its working as intended.
Captain
# 33
08-23-2012, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprcheeze View Post
Massive fail.
If this is the way it stays, then yes I'll agree this is one of the dumbest moves I've seen.

The whole point of the fleet doff vendor I thought was a way to buy doff's to use for fleet projects. Take that away and there's zero reason to spend FC's on them. Worse is you'll have no way of knowing if that 350k EC's you just spent will get you a doff you can use or not.

The only thing I can say in Cryptic's favor is I'm not sure that this is what is intended. The patch notes doesn't say anything about not being able to use them...

Quote:
Fleet Duty Officers:

The variety of Duty Officers received by opening packs has increased.
Fleet Duty Officers will not grant Recruitment CXP and Dilithium when dismissed.
There's nothing in there about fleet doff's no longer being useable for fleet projects.
Lieutenant
# 34
08-23-2012, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by badname834854 View Post
Just in case you haven't heard by now, these are "working as intended"
If these are working as intended then its incredibly stupid. These can not be used in projects like other doffs but can be posted on the exchange. Where they look for all the world like useable doffs.

As the biggest markets in the exchange right now are project sells its obviously a bad idea unless your intent is to screw over the player.
Starfleet Veteran
# 35
08-23-2012, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptvanor View Post
The only thing I can say in Cryptic's favor is I'm not sure that this is what is intended. The patch notes doesn't say anything about not being able to use them...

There's nothing in there about fleet doff's no longer being useable for fleet projects.
Yes, and when this was bug reported yesterday on the Tribble Forum, Zero replied with "This is working as intended."

So I'm pretty sure you just wasted the benefit of the doubt on Cryptic on this one, buddy. Sorry.
Starfleet Veteran
# 36
08-23-2012, 10:16 AM
personally I feel this change is a very evil and sadistic move by cryptic. It makes me want to bother with starbases even less now. Not all players have bottomless bags of money to put into this game and the change in fleet doffs is un needed fine stop people getting dilith and recruitment cxp. but to stop them being used in projects ? **** you cryptic
Starfleet Veteran
# 37
08-23-2012, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainbrown2 View Post
As the biggest markets in the exchange right now are project sells its obviously a bad idea unless your intent is to screw over the player.
But, come on man...its working as intended. Zero said so.
Lt. Commander
# 38
08-23-2012, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam73 View Post
But, come on man...its working as intended. Zero said so.
Yo, Bran flakes or whatever your name is....you better move this one to top of the list for the Producers/Developers to fix.

This is totally bass-ackwards

Thx
Starfleet Veteran
# 39
08-23-2012, 10:22 AM
They were told about it all day yesterday and didn't respond to any of it. Zero did field several replies to imprtant things like being able to un-mute someone in chat.

Once something is working as intended, its working AS intended, dammit.
Commander
# 40
08-23-2012, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpenfold View Post
Why do you think it need's to be done with them?
I clearly stated my point in my post. We need to be able to tell the difference if they're not going to let us contribute Fleet DOFFs to projects. I only buy DOFFs to contribute them or if I need a specific one for a mission. It's a waste of EC to buy them only to find out I can't use them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam73 View Post
Or they could just un-do this stupid solution-in-search-of-a-problem and let the damn fleet doff's work in projects. Just sayin.
Hey, that would work too. Either way, it needs to be changed.

RE "working as intended": Very funny.
Demons run when a good man goes to war.
Closed Thread