Banned
I've noticed a trend lately -mostly related to DOFFs and Fleet Bases

I don't understand the policy/decision making process behind these things.

Are you trying to see how angry you can get people before they ragequit? Or are you simply ignoring the public outcry on all these issues?

Is PWE strongarming you guys into this situation?

What is going on with my game???

I'm not trying to bash anyone - I'm simply deeply concerned at -what appears to me to be- a series of very poor choices - effectively alienating a large percentage of the gaming base.
Banned
# 2
08-23-2012, 03:02 PM
i agree, I've noticed that every patch goes farther and farther from what the player base wants. Do they think they will make more money by making everyone upset and eventually leaving to play another game? Its absolutely ridiculous.
Captain
# 3
08-23-2012, 03:05 PM
Read the Rules of Aquisition my friend. They're all about profit. A company is in the end out to make money. If it means losing people for more profit, they'll do it. And considering this is a Star Trek game, maybe the employee handbook is the rules of Aquisition?

They have made a lot of questionable choices lately, completely going against what the community wants, and we're all concerned. But unfortunately that's life with PWE and Cryptic. But seriously... they need to start listening to their playerbase more and it will help relieve the huge amounts of raging against Cryptic and/or PWE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
08-23-2012, 03:07 PM
You guys are crazy. Didn't you hear what Dan said in Vegas? Season six is awsome! The game is growing exponentially! Eventually STO will spawn a race of atomic, supermen, and conquer the world! Everybody knows people can't lie when they're in Vegas! It's against the law! Right?
Captain
# 5
08-23-2012, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilczewski View Post
You guys are crazy. Didn't you hear what Dan said in Vegas? Season six is awsome! The game is growing exponentially! Eventually STO will spawn a race of atomic, supermen, and conquer the world! Everybody knows people can't lie when they're in Vegas! It's against the law! Right?
yeah. sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
Banned
# 6
08-23-2012, 03:10 PM
If i was super happy with the direction the game was going, I'd be super ready to spend some real money and buy some items from the Zen store. But with the way it is, whats the point. There's nothing on there that I want and even if I did kinda want it, I wouldn't want to support their poor decision making. For example:

Players want end game content --- result -- More grinding a same few missions over and over

Players want more KDF content -- result -- Federation uniforms and clone federation ships

Players want a fun, Starbase system to work at -- result -- Grind based, biased advancement starbase system, with ridiculous requirements like 60- white sensors officers or 250 romulan ale

Players want a rewarding pvp system -- result -- NOTHING AT ALL

Players want more episodic content -- result -- We'll highlight some foundry mission and give you nothing good for completing it
Career Officer
# 7
08-23-2012, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofhearts888 View Post
i agree, I've noticed that every patch goes farther and farther from what the player base wants. Do they think they will make more money by making everyone upset and eventually leaving to play another game? Its absolutely ridiculous.
Probably because the player base keeps asking for things that break the intended rate of starbase progression, like the broken marks on Nukara that got fixed, or the DOffs from starbases being reused in them. For some reason people get mad when these problems get fixed.

I do really wish they'd mark fleet DOffs somehow, though, as the potential to buy a DOff you can't even use in starbases off the exchange is indeed a painfully aggravating thing.
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
08-23-2012, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofhearts888 View Post
If i was super happy with the direction the game was going, I'd be super ready to spend some real money and buy some items from the Zen store. But with the way it is, whats the point. There's nothing on there that I want and even if I did kinda want it, I wouldn't want to support their poor decision making. For example:

Players want end game content --- result -- More grinding a same few missions over and over

Players want more KDF content -- result -- Federation uniforms and clone federation ships

Players want a fun, Starbase system to work at -- result -- Grind based, biased advancement starbase system, with ridiculous requirements like 60- white sensors officers or 250 romulan ale

Players want a rewarding pvp system -- result -- NOTHING AT ALL

Players want more episodic content -- result -- We'll highlight some foundry mission and give you nothing good for completing it
I just want some fricken' beets in my replicator.
Banned
# 9
08-23-2012, 03:12 PM
So what you are saying is, the playerbase is wrong for wanting these things and Cryptic knows whats fun and we dont
Career Officer
# 10
08-23-2012, 03:13 PM
I've posted on the issue with fleet doffs and think if Zero was correct in that its working as intended then they've made a major mistake. It's just bad business.
Fleet holding costs | Accolade Points: 18745 (Fed Engineer), 16400 (KDF Tactical)
Subscribe to Accolade thread | Join channel Accolades | Idea: Mail Revamp
New on STOwiki: Spire projects | STO Timeline | Fed-KDF Disparity | upcoming content
Fed Fleet: Section 31 (level 20) | KDF Fleet: Klingon Intelligence (level 20)