Banned
# 11
08-23-2012, 03:18 PM
If the company I worked for acted like Cryptic, we'd be out of business in a month.

Customer: Can you repair this particular unit, its not functioning?

Me: No, its working as intended, its not supposed to function, I will fix an unrelated issue that isn't important, and I will also break a few things in your business while I'm there. Now pay me money.
Career Officer
# 12
08-23-2012, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofhearts888 View Post
So what you are saying is, the playerbase is wrong for wanting these things
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofhearts888 View Post
and Cryptic knows whats fun and we dont
No.

I'm saying Cryptic knows how the system for starbases is supposed to work a lot better than we do, since they kinda designed it.

I think rather than leaving broken, exploitable crap in the game like the Nukara Event and the Fleet DOffs, they need to expand the number of ways these things can be approached. For example, add a choice between a dilithium crate or a small fleet mark crate at the end of every story mission you replay. Additionally, reduce the cooldown on the basic recruitment missions for DOffs to help increase the flow of white ones. Finally, mark the damn fleet DOffs to avoid confusion and wasted EC. Boom, problems solved.
Starfleet Veteran
# 13
08-23-2012, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jexsamx View Post
Probably because the player base keeps asking for things that break the intended rate of starbase progression, like the broken marks on Nukara that got fixed, or the DOffs from starbases being reused in them. For some reason people get mad when these problems get fixed.

I do really wish they'd mark fleet DOffs somehow, though, as the potential to buy a DOff you can't even use in starbases off the exchange is indeed a painfully aggravating thing.
Dude, c'mon. What are you talking about.

Fleet DOFFS are working as intended,

And Fleet DOFFs weren't broken or exploitable until today.

Broken: can't be used on fleet projects.

Exploitable: Here, unknowing exchange buyer...here is a doff that can't be used for anything.

If you maintain they were epxploitable because of dilithium/recruitment upon dismissing, then the simple solution was to take away the recruitment/dilithium payback. The solution wasn't to make them totally useless in Fleet projects.

Last edited by boglejam73; 08-23-2012 at 03:25 PM.
Banned
# 14
08-23-2012, 03:23 PM
When it comes to games that are F2P, going against the will of the majority is usually a bad idea. Even if the will of the majority goes against their original plan of starbase advancement. Cryptic needs to be flexible and listen to the majority of the playerbase, who if they leave, the game will wither and die, and they lose their income.
Banned
# 15
08-23-2012, 03:24 PM
You're trying to argue apples VS oranges here Jex - your issues are nonsequeter to this thread - we're not talking about exploits - or the ridiculous ideas posted by *some* players.

I'm talking about the broad sweeping decisions that are upsetting a *large* cross-section of the community, *breaking* things - not fixing exploits.

Also - your arguement is flawed - because it's always possible for something to be engineered incorrectly
Captain
# 16
08-23-2012, 03:26 PM
Think about it. The only reason they removed the ability for Fleet Doffs to be used in Starbase projects is this: It was already causing or would cause a marked decline in C-Store/Zen sales. By removing this, we return to the overriding feature of Season 6: Buy more Zen!
All cloaks should be canon.
Banned
# 17
08-23-2012, 03:31 PM
Which puts us back at square 1, these are policies that might make some slight money in the short run, but are poisoning everyone against Cryptic in the long run.
Starfleet Veteran
# 18
08-23-2012, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexxxme View Post
Also - your arguement is flawed - because it's always possible for something to be engineered incorrectly
Good point. The Titanic was unsinkable. As long as it didn't actually hit anything.
Career Officer
# 19
08-23-2012, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexxxme View Post
You're trying to argue apples VS oranges here Jex - your issues are nonsequeter to this thread - we're not talking about exploits - or the ridiculous ideas posted by *some* players.

I'm talking about the broad sweeping decisions that are upsetting a *large* cross-section of the community, *breaking* things - not fixing exploits.

It is? OP specifically questioned decisions regarding DOffs and Fleet Starbases. My responses deal with issues involving both of those things, and that the playerbases has been angry about. I'm dead on topic.

And, as to my argument being "flawed". The devs trying to make their creation work as intended doesn't mean it lacks flaws, just that there's a way they want it to work, so they're trying to make it work that way. The implication wasn't that it was perfect, just that it was what they wanted.
Banned
# 20
08-23-2012, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jexsamx View Post
The implication wasn't that it was perfect, just that it was what they wanted.
They should be more concerned with what we want