Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Commander
# 81
08-22-2012, 10:23 PM
One idea that is foolproof (if implemented PERFECTLY)- make it so that people on your ignore list can't be pugged up with you. This requires little explanation as to how it works. Greifer? Ignore. Never have to deal with them again. Eliteist? Same thing. Guy with chat closed and thumbs up his ()? Same. Totally foolproof, and can't be abused.
When in doubt, (hehe) c4!
This sig dedicated to the many random objects the Mythbusters crew has blow to smitherines
Commander
# 82
08-22-2012, 11:04 PM
leave them the way they are, if you expect perfection from 4 strangers you're an idiot plain and simple. if you continue to pug expecting perfect runs out 4 randoms that's you're problem, not the games. devs don't need to fix something that isn't broken because some people don't have any common sense.

they have enough legit things they need to do besides alter a system that works perfectly fine.

further, i have alts, and tend to make more, all your 'testing' scheme will do is delay me getting into stf's that i already know how to do. not only me i suspect that makes alts. delaying everyone who knows what to do and how to gear because some of you can't make use of the other options.

gear check? pffft, you don't need uber gear...so who decides? is it a mark cutoff? someone could come in with rainbow mkxi...completely wrong loadout in all console/boff slots...but all mkxi so that's a fail.

accolade check? you're joking right? have one character sitting at 49 with a grand total of...1650 accolade points. one more run through mirror event they'll be 50...so umm yeah, accolade points reeeaally matter >.>

# of runs through normals? they're nothing like elite so also pointless.

the only criteria to bar someone from elite...and it should be any mission is critical injuries. either ship or captain they should be locked out of any missions until they heal themselves. if captain, locked out of ground missions, if ship locked out of space missions. something that should have been implemented anyway imo. with a warning on every map transition that they are critically injured.

you can't test for ability to run an elite from current in game parameters. just like you can't test people who can't seem to get the idea they don't have to pug as this and other threads obviously shows.

there are other options, make use of them, otherwise it's your choice to pug, accept the consequences. wonder how many of you call yourself 'gamers' lol
Commander
# 83
08-22-2012, 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadspacex64 View Post
leave them the way they are, if you expect perfection from 4 strangers you're an idiot plain and simple. if you continue to pug expecting perfect runs out 4 randoms that's you're problem, not the games. devs don't need to fix something that isn't broken because some people don't have any common sense.

they have enough legit things they need to do besides alter a system that works perfectly fine.

further, i have alts, and tend to make more, all your 'testing' scheme will do is delay me getting into stf's that i already know how to do. not only me i suspect that makes alts. delaying everyone who knows what to do and how to gear because some of you can't make use of the other options.

gear check? pffft, you don't need uber gear...so who decides? is it a mark cutoff? someone could come in with rainbow mkxi...completely wrong loadout in all console/boff slots...but all mkxi so that's a fail.

accolade check? you're joking right? have one character sitting at 49 with a grand total of...1650 accolade points. one more run through mirror event they'll be 50...so umm yeah, accolade points reeeaally matter >.>

# of runs through normals? they're nothing like elite so also pointless.

the only criteria to bar someone from elite...and it should be any mission is critical injuries. either ship or captain they should be locked out of any missions until they heal themselves. if captain, locked out of ground missions, if ship locked out of space missions. something that should have been implemented anyway imo. with a warning on every map transition that they are critically injured.

you can't test for ability to run an elite from current in game parameters. just like you can't test people who can't seem to get the idea they don't have to pug as this and other threads obviously shows.

there are other options, make use of them, otherwise it's your choice to pug, accept the consequences. wonder how many of you call yourself 'gamers' lol
First of all, my system would work, and would not affeect any of your alts. Half your post is adressed there. As for what I expect from a pug I expect... gear >mkVI common, open chat windows, ra or better ships, people who are willing to listen, and a general competantcy whichh one would expect from a first grader. Too much for me to ask? Dam, that would be a depressing thought...
This sig dedicated to the many random objects the Mythbusters crew has blow to smitherines
Commander
# 84
08-22-2012, 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dood98998 View Post
First of all, my system would work, and would not affeect any of your alts. Half your post is adressed there. As for what I expect from a pug I expect... gear >mkVI common, open chat windows, ra or better ships, people who are willing to listen, and a general competantcy whichh one would expect from a first grader. Too much for me to ask? Dam, that would be a depressing thought...
the no group with those on your ignore list? that's not a test. well, except your own personal test.

expecting anything from a pug, including gear is stupid...except infected space. would you expect 4 random strangers to be able to fix your car? your PC? your house? let me guess, you just grab random people off the street when you want something done and expect them to be able to do it?

you're expecting things in a game you couldn't get in real life...4 randoms who can do everything YOU expect them to do for you.

simply put, your expectations aren't based on reality...even game reality. yea, you can get a pug that runs flawlessly...but you can also get one that goes fubar in the first minute. welcome to the analogy of the real world...strangers don't always do what you expect or want them to :O

protip? don't pug
Commander
# 85
08-23-2012, 01:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baudl View Post

first the projectile fired on the holodeck is not a real projectile...it's photons held together by forcefields...so basically an energy weapon and the borg need to adapt to it anyway.
so then explain a replicator please. in the moment, the security protocols were overridden, the holodeck "replicated" the bullets. also, energy dmg is different than kinetic dmg. we already know today. how? there are suits that can withstand a few thousand volts but they cannot keep you save from bullets. of course, there is armor for that too but this is star trek
Commander
# 86
08-23-2012, 10:35 AM
Quote:
the no group with those on your ignore list? that's not a test. well, except your own personal test.

expecting anything from a pug, including gear is stupid...except infected space. would you expect 4 random strangers to be able to fix your car? your PC? your house? let me guess, you just grab random people off the street when you want something done and expect them to be able to do it?

you're expecting things in a game you couldn't get in real life...4 randoms who can do everything YOU expect them to do for you.

simply put, your expectations aren't based on reality...even game reality. yea, you can get a pug that runs flawlessly...but you can also get one that goes fubar in the first minute. welcome to the analogy of the real world...strangers don't always do what you expect or want them to :O

protip? don't pug
expect people to be able to repair my computer? no. expect people to be able to drive their own cars? absolutly. all i expect is a mild level of competentcy, and the standard gear the ship is equipped with. oh, and i expect chat open. if you think thats too much to ask from the average person, then either were in a really sad state as gamers, or you need to see a psychiatrist.
Commander
# 87
08-23-2012, 04:10 PM
Quote:
expect people to be able to repair my computer? no. expect people to be able to drive their own cars? absolutly. all i expect is a mild level of competentcy, and the standard gear the ship is equipped with. oh, and i expect chat open. if you think thats too much to ask from the average person, then either were in a really sad state as gamers, or you need to see a psychiatrist.
i didn't say drive i said repair, and i didn't say their own car i said yours. not a matter of mental instability either, it's reality. your expectations are too high and unrealistic. and kindly don't call yourself a gamer...that's an embarrassment to real gamers. gamers expect only what they can deliver, nothing more, nothing less. realize that relying on randoms is just that, random, no expectations from people you don't know.

the only people you can count on usually is a static group or players you know...everyone else can do whatever they want and do. the only person that may need to have their assessment of reality modified is you. to expect as if it's a given that people will act as you want them too is...naive. to say the least. megalomania to say the worst.

it's a game, and one people will play how they want regardless of your expectations. if they want to run an stf just to screw it up for everyone because that's how they get their jollies they will. what's fun for you doesn't apply to everyone. either accept that the world doesn't work the way you want or expect it to or become a hermit...because it's not going to change.
Commander
# 88
08-23-2012, 06:58 PM
Quote:
i didn't say drive i said repair, and i didn't say their own car i said yours. not a matter of mental instability either, it's reality. your expectations are too high and unrealistic. and kindly don't call yourself a gamer...that's an embarrassment to real gamers. gamers expect only what they can deliver, nothing more, nothing less. realize that relying on randoms is just that, random, no expectations from people you don't know.

the only people you can count on usually is a static group or players you know...everyone else can do whatever they want and do. the only person that may need to have their assessment of reality modified is you. to expect as if it's a given that people will act as you want them too is...naive. to say the least. megalomania to say the worst.

it's a game, and one people will play how they want regardless of your expectations. if they want to run an stf just to screw it up for everyone because that's how they get their jollies they will. what's fun for you doesn't apply to everyone. either accept that the world doesn't work the way you want or expect it to or become a hermit...because it's not going to change.
i almost thought you were a troll when i read your last sentance...
is expecting first grade level competentcy unrealistic? no. granted, not expecting trolls may be a bit much, but having chat open is not.
Commander
# 89
08-23-2012, 10:08 PM
Quote:
i almost thought you were a troll when i read your last sentance...
is expecting first grade level competentcy unrealistic? no. granted, not expecting trolls may be a bit much, but having chat open is not.
troll because of the last sentence? trying to be nice...but you just don't get it. people in the game as people in RL aren't going to do anything you expect them to. why should they? they have their own ideas, they're not robots nor clones of you. you expecting anything from 4 strangers is unrealistic.

if the real world doesn't work that way...why would a game? you don't even get that first, second, third or whatever grade competency does not matter...they'll act how they want. in fact some, if they know it bugs you or others will do so intentionally. it isn't age, it isn't schooling...it's individual personalities.

chat open? perhaps many of them do...and just choose not to respond...ever think of that? that they're sitting there laughing at all the people yelling at them?
Commander
# 90
08-23-2012, 11:04 PM
Quote:
troll because of the last sentence? trying to be nice...but you just don't get it. people in the game as people in RL aren't going to do anything you expect them to. why should they? they have their own ideas, they're not robots nor clones of you. you expecting anything from 4 strangers is unrealistic.

if the real world doesn't work that way...why would a game? you don't even get that first, second, third or whatever grade competency does not matter...they'll act how they want. in fact some, if they know it bugs you or others will do so intentionally. it isn't age, it isn't schooling...it's individual personalities.

chat open? perhaps many of them do...and just choose not to respond...ever think of that? that they're sitting there laughing at all the people yelling at them?
I'm not expecting nor demanding anything. If someone is smart enough to earn the money to buy a computer, then an internet service, then figure out how to download and install sto, then figure out how to play the game, then beat the game, it isn't unrealistic to assume that same person can fly a ship. You made it to l50, so you should have figured out how to control a ship, read the little instruction box that says IN BIG BOLD LETTERS shoot this than this. Also, people ought to have figured out that 'elite' = greater challenge. I don't care what happens on normal, but damn, someone who plays an mmo better sure as hell know how to read. My system is supposed to let those people who take fun in trolling, those who are clueless, and those who greif keep playing their way, and me play mine, but it will suceed where cryptic's system failed- that is, in dividing people up so everyone can play the way they want. And I said ALMOST- I've decided you aren't a troll