Captain
# 71
08-23-2012, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignman View Post
So what do you do when you hit Tier 5 across the board?

ISE?
Nothing; which is why people shouldn't be in such a mad-rush to get there.
Captain
# 72
08-23-2012, 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Oh.

Ok.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMm_VoKkuco - Needs more female relief ops ensign.
Survivor of Romulus
# 73
08-23-2012, 05:37 PM
Quote:
This is something I've thought about and I've worked out that I'm going to have a huge amount of fleet credits as tier 5 approaches with nothing much that I want to buy (unless changes are made).
Captain
# 74
08-23-2012, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by devian666 View Post
This is something I've thought about and I've worked out that I'm going to have a huge amount of fleet credits as tier 5 approaches with nothing much that I want to buy (unless changes are made).
Pretty much.

End game content is still from Season 1 isn't it?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMm_VoKkuco - Needs more female relief ops ensign.
Survivor of Romulus
# 75
08-23-2012, 05:42 PM
While we're talking about STFs what about some other elite events for loot drops (rather than borg salvage and EDCs etc), and less shooting hit point sink structures. The fleet events provide variety but the number that you end up in with large number of low level players is a bit unfortunate for everyone involved.
Captain
# 76
08-23-2012, 06:02 PM
As I understand it, it takes a minimum of 7 months to complete a Fleetbase so most speedy/large Fleets won't be done with them until January. We have Season 7 coming out sometime in December. So by then everyone will be thinking about the new Zone and new Missions and not really focusing on the Fleetbases anyway - and they'll be teasing us with Season 8.

Of course Cryptic probably has other long-term plans for the Fleetbases, but it's not really something that interests me. I take a very casual approach to the Fleetbase. Heck, my Fleet of 127 is just getting close to T2. We're not rushing, as there's no real reason to rush.
Survivor of Romulus
# 77
08-23-2012, 06:11 PM
They have hinted about adding more starbase related content. I guess we'll have to wait and see on that.

One of the fleets that I'm in will be finishing tier 2 everything in the next hour or so (we only had the comms array to finish). It's on to focusing on getting a tier 3 starbase now.
Captain
# 78
08-23-2012, 08:03 PM
Quote:
As I understand it, it takes a minimum of 7 months to complete a Fleetbase so most speedy/large Fleets won't be done with them until January. We have Season 7 coming out sometime in December. So by then everyone will be thinking about the new Zone and new Missions and not really focusing on the Fleetbases anyway - and they'll be teasing us with Season 8.

Of course Cryptic probably has other long-term plans for the Fleetbases, but it's not really something that interests me. I take a very casual approach to the Fleetbase. Heck, my Fleet of 127 is just getting close to T2. We're not rushing, as there's no real reason to rush.
^ This.

Put SB construction as a 'secondary, as resources become available' type of low priority project and it becomes much more enjoyable.

I do not even bother to queue projects anymore because I want players in my fleet to pre-plan and then propose their own resource allocation ideas. Then, they can form their own "acquisition teams" to get the resources for that one project they want to do, for a continued base building experience.

Some have commented that with fleet founders building the base, newer members have absolutely nothing to do. So I'm reversing the trend. Founders teach, newbies lead the way on new construction campaigns, gain skills.

SB Construction is never about dumping 500K dilithium in and expecting to receive something glorious in return. It's not meant to be instant gratification. It doesn't mean that if someone contributed 1 million dil all of a sudden that he becomes a fleet leader automatically. Things simply do not work that way. Infact, I would deliberately put a stop to excessive contributions and especially using real money to finance bases.

Working on the projects sequentially and at a "own time, own target" basis makes for each experience level being much more rewarding. In the meantime, player development, team bonding and ESTF & PvP competency are still valuable things to strive for. With SB construction in the back-burner and provisioning at the "just enough for everyone" level, progress is more or less automatic.

The release of season 6 offered me the perfect opportunity to found and develop a fleet with a unique ethos. That is, one that sees past the hype of "fancy new toys" and focus on what matters.

Players first. We spend so limited time on the bases themselves that as far as I'm concerned I'd rather join a fleet that dares to say "F the base and keep it at Tier 0", rather than join a big one that's too busy rushing to Tier 4 to bother engaging their players in community activities (outside of marks / dil grinding).

This is the reason why I posted the "I'm taking a break" thread some weeks back. All I need is a Regent class and the stars to steer her by. And maybe a Kar'fi next month Other than fleet ground weapons (which I don't even use) I have little interest in the other perks and features from a higher tier starbase.

Oh, and fleet ships? Might as well get a proper z-store special with that price. Or a Recluse carrier via EC.
STF Flight Instructor since Early 2012. Newbies are the reason why STO lives and breathes today. Do not discriminate.

My Youtube Channel

Last edited by carmenara; 08-23-2012 at 08:11 PM.