Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Ensign
Since the change from C-Points to Zen i have found that any offers i make to exchange dilithium for zen are not being completed. The bid just stays in the "Your Outstanding Offers" section. Before the change any bid was almost instantly accepted, i understand that there has been a lot of system shake-up because of the new season but was wondering if anybody else has this problem ?
Ensign
# 2
07-17-2012, 11:09 AM
I think I'm having this problem as well. I tried to exchange some dilithium yesterday for the first time and the offer is still in the queue. It's showing that it withdrew the dilithium from me, but I still don't have any Zen as of about 10 minutes ago. Until I saw this post I thought there was just a time period that you had to wait for before it would complete.
Career Officer
# 3
07-17-2012, 11:44 AM
I sold some zen when the server came up with season 6 and did well because of people not understanding the conversion rates. Anyway i got my dilithium immediately. so unless there has been a subsequent patch that has broken the exchange I think you need to check your offers.

your dilithium will not sell until there is a matching buyer. have you checked that the price you are offering to sell your dilithium at is in the range that other players are willing to buy for.

e.g is you are selling at 300 dil per zen, but people are buying at 270 dil per zen, then your sale will not go through until the price rises again or the expiry timeout is reached.

Also if you are selling at the same price as a lot of other people, there is no guarantee that all your dil will sell at the same time, as deals all other buyers and sellers are met from the same two pots of dil/zen. If a particular deal eats into your section of the dil pot, then you will recieve an appropriate amount from the zen pot.

Edit: I just sold 50 zen on the exchange at the 260 price per zen and it went through immediately. I am guessing you are possibly pricing yourselves out of the current market price which is deflated (just below the 270ish mark you would expect after the zen conversion)

In Game: @Liath | STO Join Date: Jan 2012 | PWE Join Date: Feb 2009

Last edited by eiledon; 07-17-2012 at 11:53 AM. Reason: investigation
Ensign
# 4
07-18-2012, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eiledon View Post
I sold some zen when the server came up with season 6 and did well because of people not understanding the conversion rates. Anyway i got my dilithium immediately. so unless there has been a subsequent patch that has broken the exchange I think you need to check your offers.

your dilithium will not sell until there is a matching buyer. have you checked that the price you are offering to sell your dilithium at is in the range that other players are willing to buy for.

e.g is you are selling at 300 dil per zen, but people are buying at 270 dil per zen, then your sale will not go through until the price rises again or the expiry timeout is reached.

Also if you are selling at the same price as a lot of other people, there is no guarantee that all your dil will sell at the same time, as deals all other buyers and sellers are met from the same two pots of dil/zen. If a particular deal eats into your section of the dil pot, then you will recieve an appropriate amount from the zen pot.

Edit: I just sold 50 zen on the exchange at the 260 price per zen and it went through immediately. I am guessing you are possibly pricing yourselves out of the current market price which is deflated (just below the 270ish mark you would expect after the zen conversion)
Sooooo...............you're basically saying to cancel and try again?...........

You'll have to forgive me, but I never really understood anything having to do with conversions such as this one. All I understand about it is that I'm trying to trade dilithium for zen and I'll get so much Zen for so much dilithium, and all I know about it is that it isn't going through.
Ensign
# 5 Dilithium for Zen
08-24-2012, 05:08 AM
So if I understand this thread correctly, we need to up our offer in order for the trade to go through. In other words offer more dilithium for zen, correct?
Career Officer
# 6
08-24-2012, 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by penser1 View Post
So if I understand this thread correctly, we need to up our offer in order for the trade to go through.
The key is to realize that somebody actually has to accept your offer.

If you offer to sell a 20 year old rustbucket for ten million dollars, that offer is never going to clear because nobody will take you up on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by penser1 View Post
In other words offer more dilithium for zen, correct?
That would entirely depend on what you're selling.

If you're selling Zen and nobody's buying, then you need to lower the price, which is in Dil. Less Dil for Zen.
If you're selling Dil and nobody's buying, then you need to lower the price, which is in Zen. More Dil for Zen.

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk