Captain
# 11
08-24-2012, 05:06 AM
I would warn against any further lockboxes as the previous ones have been quite useless. And apart from the new Tholian lockboxes which has had better drops. (I.e Three MU Star Cruiser Three Tholian Boffs and a Assault cruiser all I need to the Mu Vorcha for my KDF and then I will have the full Mu set.

I think they should sell the Romulan ships in the c store rather than get a faction that goes dead because of little or no content.

I would love to see a romulan faction but want KDF to be finished first.
Career Officer
# 12
08-24-2012, 08:58 AM
I really hate the idea of making Romulans cross faction, putting their ships in lock boxes or on the z-store. I believe the way to do a Romulan lock box right is not to do one at all. Save the Romulan ships for the long off, over the horizon, and possibly never be done Romulan faction. I would much rather be able to think it is possible one day than know it is a dead idea. If there were lock box Romulan ships that would probably be the nail in the coffin for that faction ever being playable in any meaningful way.

I think most people do not bother with Klingons because they have always had to go through the Federation side to unlock them. If new players could start the game as Klingons, I think the number of players in that faction would go up. Not being able to start one from the beginning makes them seem like an afterthought of a faction. If they still cannot do that with the Klingons, they most likely never will with the Romulans. I personally would not mind a premium end game Romulan faction just level 40 to 50.

When they run out of ideas for the Federation to make money they might move to the Klingons. When they run out of ideas for them, they just might move to the Romulans.

(Dominion, Cardassian, Ferengi, Tholian) Why not a Breen themed Lock Box? They seem to fit in with this group.
Rihannsu
# 13
08-24-2012, 09:32 AM
I'd much rather NOT see any Romulan ships in the lock boxes. Those ships need to be used for whatever level of playable Romulan faction that we may get sometime in the future.
Commander
# 14
08-24-2012, 10:07 AM
I want to see a Romulan Faction or not at all.

When the community was polled numerous times, the Romulans were the were second only to the Federation when asked: What Faction would you likely play the most in Star Trek Online.