Ensign
This mission is a massive fail, so much so its pushing people from playing STO because we all get bogged down looking for these dosi rotguts and rom ale. I MEAN CMON you guys dont do JACK **** for drops in the missions that drop them, you guys TAKE AWAY TOUR OF THE UNIVERSE to constrict how ppl get their EC, and ITS A RIP off on the exchange cause everyone knows they need these drinks for the contract. Its barley even doable, in fact our fleets been at it for a week and a half and have barly gotten half of whats needed, and the exchange is just getting more expensive. Im saying this, at first I thought PWE had it worked out perfectly and content was good, but now im seeing how their attempt at the CE market has constricted players down to the point of " o man I gotta do this again and MAYBE get ONE drop" or "Man I cant get enough EC in one day to buy just one FRACKING drink for a mission that FRACKING requires 250 of them.." Yea...DEVS PLZ FIX... or suffer the fate of cryptic ..
Career Officer
# 2
08-24-2012, 12:38 PM
I wouldn't mind the project's high price of dosi r, and rom ale IF the contact actually gave you something unique. However, the bartender is exactly the same as the one aboard your ship. There is really nothing about it that makes it better. No new doff assignments. No new drinks you can make.

Ironically, you can't even buy romulan ale or dosi rotgut from him even though you've provided him with 250 of each.
# 3
08-24-2012, 01:01 PM
We finished that stupid project several days ago and I gotta say it was horrible. It probably took us 3-4 days to finish it, and we're quite a large fleet. I can't imagine a small fleet completing that one in less than 2 weeks unless people in that fleet really like grinding out missions for a chance it might drop those needed items.

I dread to think what the Chef or Tailor will require.
Lieutenant
# 4
08-25-2012, 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by comvirtousamos View Post
This mission is a massive fail, so much so its pushing people from playing STO because we all get bogged down looking for these dosi rotguts and rom ale. I MEAN CMON you guys dont do JACK **** for drops in the missions that drop them, you guys TAKE AWAY TOUR OF THE UNIVERSE to constrict how ppl get their EC, and ITS A RIP off on the exchange cause everyone knows they need these drinks for the contract. Its barley even doable, in fact our fleets been at it for a week and a half and have barly gotten half of whats needed, and the exchange is just getting more expensive. Im saying this, at first I thought PWE had it worked out perfectly and content was good, but now im seeing how their attempt at the CE market has constricted players down to the point of " o man I gotta do this again and MAYBE get ONE drop" or "Man I cant get enough EC in one day to buy just one FRACKING drink for a mission that FRACKING requires 250 of them.." Yea...DEVS PLZ FIX... or suffer the fate of cryptic ..
If you want to walk away because this mission frustrated you, you REALLY don't want to even think about some of the T4 and T5 missions that they have...

And the exchange is not a rip off. The exchange prices only rise when people actually buy the items at the listed price. Seriously, who's the idiot: The one listing a bottle of booze for 250k EC or the one BUYING IT?

And Tour is not gone. I just ran it not 2 days ago. Missed the most recent times though.
Ensign
# 5
08-25-2012, 12:41 PM
This last dudes is ignorant, im not going to leave but im pointing out things that make ppl leave. Do not post bull**** like that again, most ppl understand what im saying and doing here.
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
08-25-2012, 12:43 PM
Wow this is getting to crisis levels

Maybe its time to start selling bootleg booze at 600 ec again
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-25-2012, 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by latinumbar View Post
Ironically, you can't even buy romulan ale or dosi rotgut from him even though you've provided him with 250 of each.
Well, Romulan Ale is still illegal. And the Rotgut all gets shipped off to the new Monkey Island MMO.

=/\= Transwarp 10.0 Victory Achieved on 26-July-2012, Six Months After F2P =/\=
Career Officer
# 8 Dosi Rotgut and Romulan ale
08-26-2012, 09:54 AM
Dear PWE/ Cryptic,

I agree with the first post that these items are hard to get basically stalling the starbase building progress to a halt. The drops for these items are non existent.
So I have a idea put these items that are rare drops on the zen store for approximately 10 for $1.50. This should satisfy those of use who think their time is valuable to be spent grinding these items while PWE makes some money.

Thank-you for your time.
Empire Veteran
# 9
08-27-2012, 06:01 AM
Tour the Universe was never taken away.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Empire Veteran
This is beyond horrible. Seriously, what made anyone think this was a good idea?
500 of nearly non-existent items for a stupid cosmetic bartender? This is so poorly thought out, especially within the realm of Star Trek canon. Why would we need 250 bottles of Romulan ale on a Federation Starbase? Where would it even come from with Romulus dead and gone?

All that aside, PLEASE get us a new way to obtain this swill. EVERY FLEET that wasn't lucky/fast enough to get to the assignment first and therefore usurp and price-gouge the supply on the exchange, is completely stalled on this garbage. We're a large fleet, but we're not going to continually waste upwards of 180k EC on a single bottle. If we did that for the whole lot, it would cost a minimum of 90 million EC, and trust me, it is currently way higher than 180k EC for Dosi Rotgut on the exchange.