Empire Veteran
# 21
08-24-2012, 08:22 AM
Something where the more limited outfit choices are an actual plus. KDF side feels more Trek then the random fed side uniform mix, simply because you can't wear all those random on time on screen uniforms.
Plus the aggressive nature of the klingon side also fits the mood of the game better. Unlike the feds, klingons do shot first in canon as well in game.

-= ISE: 12:19 -=- CSE 12:41 -=- KASE 11:59 -=- HSe 8:06 total =-
-= KAGE 5:43 =-
[7:07] [Combat (Self)] Your Dual Disruptor Banks - Overload II deals 123086 (41096) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.
Career Officer
# 22
08-24-2012, 08:39 AM
My biggest problem klingon side, is the ship selection. You have many very nice ones, as long as you want green or brown. Even the allied ships. I am hoping the Ferasan ship (if we get one) will be somewhat different though.

..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino
Commander
# 23
08-24-2012, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostusthorn View Post
Something where the more limited outfit choices are an actual plus. KDF side feels more Trek then the random fed side uniform mix, simply because you can't wear all those random on time on screen uniforms.
Plus the aggressive nature of the klingon side also fits the mood of the game better. Unlike the feds, klingons do shot first in canon as well in game.
I agree. Sometimes, on the FED side, you feel a bit cheated or out of context with all the combat/killing based story lines. Feds should be out exploring. But KDF side... no problem! That's what Klingons DO!
ZOE: "Sir! You paid money for this?... on purpose??"

KIRK: "Excuse me... what does God need with a starship?"
Lt. Commander
# 24
08-24-2012, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
The only real reason why to play KDF is Orion Females. Anything else is icing on the cake.
this guy knows what's up
Empire Veteran
# 25
08-24-2012, 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lomax6996 View Post
I agree. Sometimes, on the FED side, you feel a bit cheated or out of context with all the combat/killing based story lines. Feds should be out exploring. But KDF side... no problem! That's what Klingons DO!
Word.

It was great in Operation Gamma.

Eraun: "...so as the Ferengi say, do we have a deal?"
Me: "Kill Captain Farek? Nooo problem." [destroys Farek's ship] "Anyone else you need killed?"
Eraun: "No, that's fine. Well, this could be the start of a..."
Me: "Hold on, Eraun." [to Vishka] "Destroy those escape pods. Leave no survivors. Resonance pulse my..." [to Eraun] "Sorry, you were saying?"
Eraun: "Um, nothing. We'll accompany you to DS9." [looks uncomfortably at Jem'Hadar officer who looks most amused]

The Klingon Defense Force! Join Today! Or Else...
Star Trek: Online - Now with 100% more dinosaurs!!
Career Officer
# 26
08-24-2012, 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkrik23 View Post
I think the Fek'lhri story alone is good enough reason to play at least some KDF. It's the best story arc in the game with one of the most well put-together final missions.
Quoted for truth. I still cherish my Shard Sword of Kahless.
Shout out to the developers who are logging in and actually trying to communicate with us.
Career Officer
# 27
08-24-2012, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkrik23 View Post
I think the Fek'lhri story alone is good enough reason to play at least some KDF. It's the best story arc in the game with one of the most well put-together final missions.
I second this sentiment. That mission arc is BY FAR my favorite arc in the game. I am not a big fan of ground missions and these are still my favorites even though most of the missions are on the ground. The payoff for this arc, the nock off of the Sword of Kahless (sp?), makes it even that much better. The fight in Gre'thor when you are fighting the incarnations of Klingon Dishonor and all their hordes is absolutely epic imo

Also, to the OP, I agree with you 100%. I have about 7 feds and only 3 kdf, but I find I play my KDF as much, if not more, than all my fed characters. In my two fleets (TOS Veterans and TOS Qan Mang) the fed starbase only recently got to just above the klingon starbase in the tiers. It almost seemed that more of my fleet were playing their KDF alts more frequently than their Fed Mains....lol

So anyway, to everyone who hasn't tried a KDF yet, give them a shot. It may be repetitive leveling, but you start at 20 so it is still a grind....Just a 30 level grind instead of a 50 level grind

Qapla'!
Real Join Date: Feb 2010
Co-founder: TOS Veterans and TOS Qan Mang
tosfleet.com

Illigitimi Non Carborundum
Ensign
# 28
08-24-2012, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblygumsworth View Post
This forum needs a reddit style karma system.

+1'd
Second! And I agree with the OP about playing the KDF!
Commander
# 29
08-24-2012, 08:11 PM
+1 to OP

I used to be mainly KDf before the Dark Times, but KDF just feels "better" in lore and look...I don't know what it is...when I play KDF I feel like I accomplished something as opposed to my Feds/
EXPLORE.

Dec '07 Account
I EARNED 1000 days...I didn't BUY it! New LTS=Death to Vet.System: 10/10/12 Never Forget
Something should be done for those who cared enough to have a 1000+ day sub.
Commander
# 30
08-24-2012, 08:16 PM
I play both and yes, it's definitely easier to get dilithium and EC as KDF. Farming Contraband with marauding doff assignments then selling it on the exchange really is one of the easiest ways to make EC and there's a lot of repeatable dilithium missions right in the home sector.