Captain
# 11 Update
07-26-2012, 01:54 PM
My Fleet leadership has granted both a promotion and access. We've discussed it informally and I believe we will institute a more formal policy.

Your comments are all spot on. I think Cryptic needs to establish more formal policies so that people know what they are getting into.

(@anazonda) I Like the fact that opening the store once a week is an AWESOME idea, giving some measure of fairness to the entire fleet. I'll pass on the suggestion to our team as well.
Career Officer
# 12 Provisions Access
07-26-2012, 04:12 PM
Our fleet we are going down the leader board giving out access from top to bottom.

If you have not given much it just means you will have to wait longer,
Captain
# 13
07-26-2012, 04:54 PM
The provisions are a really dumb part of the system, about the only way to make them somewhat bearable would be to have the number per mission increase proportionally to the number of members in a fleet. It's not like you could game the system since the provisions by themselves are fairly useless.
Starfleet Veteran
# 14
07-26-2012, 05:00 PM
To be honest, I don't like the way the provisioning was done, I would of prefered needing provisions for the consumable vender and the like as it is now, but the actual ships and weapons, I'd of actually preferred the provsions to be earn though DoFF missions from the DoFF NPC's on the station, so the player has to earn it. I'd actually be fine with a simple speacial project that opens the store for a set time as well, maybe just for a few days or a week, so people still have to actually run thier starbase, but the idea of limited provisions (some for quite a high resource cost to be honest later on) is not really a strong part of the system in my eyes and is just a focal point for conflicts.

Formerly Suricata - Join Date July 2008
Ensign
# 15
07-26-2012, 05:18 PM
Funny in my fleet you just gets x number of ships and well when you can afford them you can get one, with in my case Lt. Commander Fleet Rank+. I think it depends on the leaders some will be stingy and others try to be generous.

My position is just getting the Fkwwt Creds helps the base and therefore leads to a rght to lower end ships of the line while the ones like the Odyssey takes ten times that which means a bigger commitment to the fleet.

But the leaders have the big say in this.
Captain
# 16
07-26-2012, 05:45 PM
My fleet has a rank that allows access to the Fleet Stores and if someone needs something, then they have to get the leaders to temporarily promote them to that rank. No one has obtained anything yet, probably because my fleet is still in the middle of stockpiling.
Starfleet Veteran
# 17
07-26-2012, 07:07 PM
It is a long climb, it is....

Task Force Zulu--Back to Duty X4 SB T1.5, Tac 2, Eng 1 & Sci 1.
To the Edge of Space and Beyond

Subscribe to STO--1200+ days
LTS December 2011
Empire Veteran
# 18
08-25-2012, 03:02 AM
How about binding provisions with fleet credits you have? that would remove the human element and human control from the system.
How to really behave in online forums with developers

Career Officer
# 19
08-25-2012, 04:31 AM
Consider switching fleets to the Borg Defence Fleet Omega (Yeah I know 'Defence' is spelled wrong, blame the founder). We are a great fleet, large in size and can provision items fairly quickly. We also do not limit access to fleet stores to any of our ranks minus 'Recruit', which is the lowest rank that people are usually promoted from 2 weeks after joining to full member status or 'Ensign' which opens the fleet store provisions. Members are welcome to buy whatever they want including ships (In fact got boatloads of them), as long as they have the fleet credits and don't abuse the privilege (hasn't happened yet). We are also starting in September a promotion in which members can win a free fleet ship module (still in the works).

Just something to consider if you get fed up with your current fleet. PM or Mail me at Udimir@Hiveman5 if you decide you want to join or have additional questions.
Wishes for STO in 2014:
Borg Armor/Implant Bodysuits for Existing Liberated Borg Captains, Dominion/Cardassian Faction?, More STFs and end game content, More Undine and Iconian story progression, More Sectors and Sector Blocks. Also at least 25% reduction of new bugs added to the game.
Empire Veteran
# 20
08-25-2012, 05:05 AM
Well we told the devs that many people would be taken advantage of if the possibility to buy from fleet stores was retricted in any way. This is happening right now. Some paranoid flee tleaders asked for this, but the price in real money (fleet ships) or in dilithium is so high that the price is a limit itself. Hopefully this restriction feature will be removed for good from the game in a near future. It just stimulate players to create huge but useless bureaucratic features for the most honnest fleets, and to simply rob contributors for the others, and I have to admit that I don't enjoy that much playing USSR Online, where you have to beg to get what you worked/played for.