Captain
# 11
08-25-2012, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skhc View Post
That's true, but if you're in that noobish a group then chances are you're in a PuG, and have no grounds to expect them to be able to tie their own shoelaces, much less figure out when to blow a cube.

Which brings me back to the first piece of advice I offered alexindcobra: don't PuG.
Listen, dude, not all of us have the choice of being online with our friends. I have no choise but to PUG in STF missions. Boff promt would be something to warn them, so if you a pro, you wouldn't have to worry about it. People playing Elite Cure for first time may pay attention to it more than they do the chat or mic.
Commander
# 12
08-25-2012, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexindcobra View Post
Listen, dude, not all of us have the choice of being online with our friends. I have no choise but to PUG in STF missions. Boff promt would be something to warn them, so if you a pro, you wouldn't have to worry about it. People playing Elite Cure for first time may pay attention to it more than they do the chat or mic.
I'm not always online with people I know either. But that's what EliteSTF and PublicEliteSTF are for. You're not guaranteed a 'pro' team, but at least with those, you can pre-form the lobby and set out the tactics beforehand and ensure that everyone is reading chat and knows what tactics are going to be used, rather than raging on voice comms mid-mission. It's better than just queueing and hoping.

And irrespective of this, you're asking the developers to add something to the mission designed to enforce the use of a single set of tactics in a mission that can be completed at least 3 different ways, that will inconvenience everyone that does the mission another way. Do you not see what's wrong with that?

Last edited by skhc; 08-25-2012 at 10:09 AM.
Captain
# 13
08-25-2012, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Listen, dude, not all of us have the choice of being online with our friends.
I wonder why you have no friends online after reading your posts. Surely, you aren't the problem, rofl.
Quote:
I have no choice but to PUG in STF missions. Boff prompt would be something to warn them, so if you're a pro, you wouldn't have to worry about it.
I don't worry about it now. I just try to lead by example whenever I am playing with people I don't know. Most people are so used to being abused by, dare I say it, "Pros" such as yourself, they have learned to ignore chat and mic. I expect to fail the Optional whenever I play any STF with a PuG. Because I am playing with complete strangers who have no clue as to how each other will try to accomplish the mission this time. It's "Optional". I try for it if it appears we have a shot, but it doesn't ruin my whole day when the PuG team doesn't achieve it. Still got to play a decent match and maybe meet some new people who might let me hang out with them in the future. Found my current fleet thru a PuG.

And who gave you the idea you are a pro at this anyway? Somebody must have lowered the standards when I wasn't looking. Last time I checked, "Pros" don't snivel in public about the cards they are dealt or rely on wish fulfillment to win the game for them.
Quote:
People playing Elite Cure for first time may pay attention to it more than they do the chat or mic.
Nope. Wrong. They'll just F-Key the screen out of the way as fast as possible. Because all the Pros who've cussed them for being a 'n00b' taught them they have to move and shoot as fast as possible to win the Optional.
18 wheels. 650 horsepower. 13 gears. 45,000 lbs of HAZMAT.
Beats your DPS in a VIDEO GAME all to Hell.
Who you callin' "Scrub", D-bag?
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-25-2012, 11:21 AM
Op, why yell at them? You chose to PuG, or what I like to call Darwin's Lottery.

Yelling at them is about as effective as trying to lick your own forehead.
A half faction is no faction at all.
Commander
# 15
08-25-2012, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdon7 View Post
Yelling at them is about as effective as trying to lick your own forehead.
You sound like someone who tried.
Commander
# 16
08-25-2012, 12:34 PM
Simple solution: have it so that no one on your ignore list can be pugged up with you. I was sceptical when first told about this, but have yet to find a way it could fail. As for the 'darwins lottery' thing, I agree 100%- flying you ship with chat closed is like trying to drive with your mouth, ears, and eyes taped shut
When in doubt, (hehe) c4!
This sig dedicated to the many random objects the Mythbusters crew has blow to smitherines
Ensign
# 17
08-25-2012, 12:52 PM
Quote:
First off, here's a solution for you. Don't PuG.
In Elites, it's man up or go home. PUGs in elites are ALL that keeps it together. It's impossible to find a group, even in the Elite STF channels.

If you don't like more difficulty, go back to hello kitty online, Elite is not for casuals.
Commander
# 18
08-25-2012, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziploc332 View Post
In Elites, it's man up or go home. PUGs in elites are ALL that keeps it together. It's impossible to find a group, even in the Elite STF channels.

If you don't like more difficulty, go back to hello kitty online, Elite is not for casuals.
That's strange, because I'm able to get groups from the chat channels when I need one, and any time I look at EliteSTF, it's active. Not as active as it was a few months ago, but still active enough to form groups. Could be I'm on at better times of day?

And I have no issue with difficulty, I've done more than 300 with, at most, 10 failures.
Starfleet Veteran
# 19
08-25-2012, 01:16 PM
Quote:
That's strange, because I'm able to get groups from the chat channels when I need one, and any time I look at EliteSTF, it's active. Not as active as it was a few months ago, but still active enough to form groups. Could be I'm on at better times of day?

And I have no issue with difficulty, I've done more than 300 with, at most, 10 failures.
I've also never had an issue finding groups in EliteSTF, or even PublicEliteSTF. Both are active enough that I can join a decent group within 5-10min of looking for one. And my success rates with optionals for either of these channels is significantly higher than using the public queue (something like 5% vs 20%).
Commander
# 20
08-25-2012, 03:55 PM
When I have 15 mins during my lunch break, I cantt afford to waot for the channel to produce a team, so I pug and...
Get pissed off by the complete lack of common sense and the inability the rest of my team has to see the blatantly obvious.
When in doubt, (hehe) c4!
This sig dedicated to the many random objects the Mythbusters crew has blow to smitherines