Captain
So within a few weeks I will have a T3 shipyard with over 100 ship provisions and I need only a few ships

So I was thinking there must be lots of people who could have modules + fleet credits(if they don't I can open up a 30 min provisioning project where they can dump dilth to gt the credits)

But they don't have access to a shipyard - so I will "rent" my shipyard to them to build their ship - all they would do would become a temp fleet member and deposit the EC into the fleet bank. All legit because it's in game currency for an in-game non-z-store item.

Now as any business would do it would take in the massive costs of getting to T3 shipyard into account when pricing how much EC to sell these ships for.

So what do you guys think would be a reasonable price since they contributed nothing to the Base - I would think for a T3 ship it should be a min of $30 million ec

of course the market will dictate the price.

This idea would be a HUGE boon for Cryptic/PWE because now many people will be buying ship modules with Zen which they would not have if they did not have access to a shipyard.

Last edited by levi3; 08-25-2012 at 01:49 PM.
Lieutenant
# 2
08-25-2012, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
I would think for a T3 ship it should be a min of $30 million ec
Good luck with that. I think people who don't have access would just wait a little longer for one of the many other fleets to come along and undercut each other to the point that it finds a sane number of around 3-4 million.
Captain
# 3
08-25-2012, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenhammand View Post
Good luck with that. I think people who don't have access would just wait a little longer for one of the many other fleets to come along and undercut each other to the point that it finds a sane number of around 3-4 million.
Well Like I said under than number - the market will dictate.
Lieutenant
# 4
08-25-2012, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Well Like I said under than number - the market will dictate.
And it will probably dictate 1/5 the cost of 18,000 dilithium, a few random duty officers, a pittance of expertise and a little bit of fleet mark grinding.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
08-25-2012, 01:54 PM
why would people pay extra for it when they can just join a fleet and get it there
12th Fleet
Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
Captain
# 6
08-25-2012, 01:56 PM
Quote:
And it will probably dictate 1/5 the cost of 18,000 dilithium, a few random duty officers, a pittance of expertise and a little bit of fleet mark grinding.
perhaps after the main lot of early runners have gone through - but not at my shipyard - I have a pretty stable bankaccount of 200 million EC so there will be a "too much hassle for to little reward" point
Captain
# 7
08-25-2012, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrincy View Post
why would people pay extra for it when they can just join a fleet and get it there
So you are saying that their are fleets out there that will let someone join - build a ship - then leave all in under 5 min?

Wow
Lieutenant
# 8
08-25-2012, 01:58 PM
Quote:
perhaps after the main lot of early runners have gone through - but not at my shipyard - I have a pretty stable bankaccount of 200 million EC so there will be a "too much hassle for to little reward" point
Not to be too harsh, but as stated above: I don't think you will get many bites with outrageous prices. Most fleets will be pretty open about setting a minor contribution cap before you can get a ship. Those that set an insane cap because they believe it to be of little value compared to the price of their time to do it, will not get many takers.
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
08-25-2012, 02:05 PM
Quote:
So you are saying that their are fleets out there that will let someone join - build a ship - then leave all in under 5 min?

Wow
well considering there are people out there willing to charge people 30 mill ec for one , id say anythings possible
12th Fleet
Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
Captain
# 10
08-25-2012, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Not to be too harsh, but as stated above: I don't think you will get many bites with outrageous prices. Most fleets will be pretty open about setting a minor contribution cap before you can get a ship. Those that set an insane cap because they believe it to be of little value compared to the price of their time to do it, will not get many takers.
you could be right - but I look at mine like a drive-thru - no hassle - in and out fast operation

maybe $3 million is good if I can keep a line going and they drop the dilth in to for the provision